Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Thai Celebrities on the Pitch/Parade

Just watching season 3 openers of Welcome to Wrexham. Excellent example of how a foreign owner(s) has showcased the town and its people at the heart of the club to the rest of the world and put that to the centre of how the club has gained fans from abroad etc. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

And that "somewhere" should be in LE postcode areas. You have the ability to create lifelong loyalty so, so easily to a potential fanbase of a million people there.

Taylor Swift fans will stop watching or caring about Kansas City the second she stops going to games. It's unsustainable in the extreme for a middling English football club in a working-class city to chance its arm trying to gain short-term popularity and ignore its local population in the manner LCFC does. Plus, it's really fvcking depressing.

I dont disagree with any of this.  I

But unless anyone else has another explanation as to why these 'celebrities' were on the parade buses..

7 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We literally won the biggest prize in world domestic football and our fanbase in Thailand consists of a few influencers that are friends with Top and KP paid staff 

If we couldn’t do it then we aren’t going to do it now

im not disagreeing with anything you are saying, just offering an explanation as to why they were there...

• Like 1

How far the British empire has fallen. Used to be brits taking over foreign assets and assuming all the locals were delighted for them to bless their land with their presence. Now a Thai family selling toblerones and their hangers-on have conquered our pitch. Blame it on sunak!!! 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

It's been the same for years and will never change. I don't know half the people on the pitch when we win a trophy of any kind, any sort of big game or huge party at the stadium, you see the marquee up for the family and friends. 

The only thing that ever annoyed me was the debacle for Everton tickets in 2016 or any Champions League knockout game in 2017. Sold out in seconds despite there not being enough members on that high point threshold and then you go to the game and it seems the tickets have been distributed to friends and family of Top & Co. 

yep thats true, same for the quarter final at Atletico Madrid, worst  European away end i attended. All club mates and staff managed to get hands on tickets for the big day out. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

And that "somewhere" should be in LE postcode areas. You have the ability to create lifelong loyalty so, so easily to a potential fanbase of a million people there.

Taylor Swift fans will stop watching or caring about Kansas City the second she stops going to games. It's unsustainable in the extreme for a middling English football club in a working-class city to chance its arm trying to gain short-term popularity and ignore its local population in the manner LCFC does. Plus, it's really fvcking depressing.

Not quite true... yes most will go with her but a few will have found an appreciation with the game and the chiefs and will remain lifelong fans... the same applies for our blow in fans.... and if you blow in 1 million... 1% of them is a significant number :) 

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Just watching season 3 openers of Welcome to Wrexham. Excellent example of how a foreign owner(s) has showcased the town and its people at the heart of the club to the rest of the world and put that to the centre of how the club has gained fans from abroad etc. 

They've also had Wolverine, Antman and Star-lord rock up too, and got the power of Disney behind them.

That helps with global exposure a wee bit. Certainly more than some random Thai influencers in a bus anyway lol

8 hours ago, Sly said:

I said it on the day. 

We are celebrating righting a wrong and invited a bunch of random nobodies to get paraded around on a blue bus, that would have cost a fair amount. 

A bus parade like that should be used so children and supporters can meet their hero’s, not some random people. 

It’s okay saying yeah, they’ve got followers etc etc …. Vardy has more than them put together. 

We have become a caricature of King Power Football Club in many ways. It’s an ongoing joke and I said to my wife after the defeat on Saturday, that the worst bit was yet to come as they rolled out a load of random people onto the pitch. 

If we must celebrate, let it be the players, let the younger generation connect with them, as they will give us future income for years to come, rather than supporting Haaland or Mbappe FC. 

Its their club, I am not trying to dress that up as a positive, just they can do what they like. Its shit but its also the reality of the situation.

We, like any other upper level football club, are a flex, a bauble to use as a hubristic toy for owners who have a potentially questionable reason for ownership.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its their club, I am not trying to dress that up as a positive, just they can do what they like. Its shit but its also the reality of the situation.

We, like any other upper level football club, are a flex, a bauble to use as a hubristic toy for owners who have a potentially questionable reason for ownership.

This is sad, however very true. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

This is sad, however very true. 

Did really not want to like nor give a sad response as it did not seem quite right, so just a response in general agreement with you at the sad direction of football. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did really not want to like nor give a sad response as it did not seem quite right, so just a response in general agreement with you at the sad direction of football. 

I guess this is why a demographic of people prefer non league.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Every single one of them looked more happy to be there than Dennis Praet.

Every club has its prawn sandwich brigade. Top's spent hundreds of millions on the club, if he wants to pay for some buses full of entourage then that's his choice. If I bought a football club as a toy then I'd definitely make sure I used it to sort my mates out and impress people every now and then.

This is hardly the thing that makes me realise modern football isn't about the fans.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Their owners seem to have done everything to a tee - fair play to them.

Can't help to want them to succeed further, but they'll know League One will be a slightly different kettle of fish.

They seem to care about the club's supporters, which is very critical for club owners to do.

Can't help but think that Top has forgotten the value of LCFC's fans in some ways (free pints aside) a bit, something his Father wouldn't have allowed am sure.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

They've also had Wolverine, Antman and Star-lord rock up too, and got the power of Disney behind them.

That helps with global exposure a wee bit. Certainly more than some random Thai influencers in a bus anyway lol

But they didn’t put them on a bus or have them parade a pitch. There’s a new episode where Hugh Jackman says about ten words yet theres a full interview with a local photographer. The local people to the centre of how they show it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sly said:

A bus parade like that should be used so children and supporters can meet their hero’s, not some random people.

If they had done some sort of supporter's lottery or invitation system to get a couple of dozen supporters involved, I guarantee there would be as much moaning about how it wasn't fair or wasn't enough or the wrong people were there...

This thread is unbelievable, xenophobia and down right bizzare lack of appreciation , TOP isn't his Dad but his family have delivered us things we couldn't dream about 10 years ago 

So what if they want to push the club in Thailand , Honestly embarrassed for some of our support 

Thankfully your a minority , most of us love it and dont care who celebrates with us 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Sly said:

I was there with my 12 year old (we were at the Blackburn game too). We had a fun day out - lots of messing around, dancing and laughing. All the talk was about the players and the staff we knew. We haven't even talked about busses 3 onwards. 

I'm not saying i agree with the influencers / hangers on (i've discussed previously i've been to work events full of them and it pi55es me off, its part of modern corporate advertising), but for us at least it had zero impact on the day.

• Thanks 2