Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Anyone gone yet?

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Dennis Praet has basically said he won’t be here.

Ndidi - nothing. 

Iheanacho - nothing. 

Albrighton has said he still has a few more years in his legs and wants to play. So that will be elsewhere.

Vestergaard - nothing.

Doyle, Fatawu and Akgun are loans. So we will have to wait and see. 

I’d imagine Iversen, Soumare, Thomas and Kristensen return and are reviewed once the dust settles on holidays. They’ll then decide what to do with them all and the likes of Souttar.

I can imagine a few of the U23 squad are expiring also. 

fatawu all be confirmed bar the club, Sporting have already said hes joining us 

I've been wondering about the timing of sales etc.  

As I understand it, our transfer embargo continues until 6th June, so we can't really do much till then.  But presumably as soon as that is lifted, we can start negotiating contracts .  But doesn't the season (from a financial perspective) end on 30th June?  So maybe we'll be trying to sell players like KDH quickly, so the money can appear in the bank before 30th June, potentially reducing our FFP punishment?

• Like 1

There were rumours at one point that Nelson may be the sacrificial Lamb to sell if an offer comes in before June / July to help with the ffp but that's gone quiet, understandably less rumours than K DH as he has less of a measurable track record than him but you'd be buying potential.

8 hours ago, Qwerty said:

I've been wondering about the timing of sales etc.  

As I understand it, our transfer embargo continues until 6th June, so we can't really do much till then.  But presumably as soon as that is lifted, we can start negotiating contracts .  But doesn't the season (from a financial perspective) end on 30th June?  So maybe we'll be trying to sell players like KDH quickly, so the money can appear in the bank before 30th June, potentially reducing our FFP punishment?

I think @Ric Flair has a better grasp of this than me, however I believe the embargo allows us to still purchase players, as the actual transaction is no different to Rudkin buying himself a new fax machine. 

The embargo just stops of registering new players. As we will no longer be in the EFL, this will not impact us by the time the registration window opens. 

What we don’t know yet, is what the EPL are going to do with us, as with us muting legal action, have we just delayed the inevitable like Manchester City.

The deal with KDH is the awkward one as we don’t really know how we’ve amortised the transfer amounts, especially with the bank loans used ti offset them. 

We don’t really get transparency on each clubs profitability and sustainability rules (PSR) for each season, so we are all shooting in the dark based on financial losses within the accounts.

However the accounts aren’t an exact science with the PSR rules, as we are allowed to makes loses on infrastructure, women’s team etc, as they don’t count. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

There were rumours at one point that Nelson may be the sacrificial Lamb to sell if an offer comes in before June / July to help with the ffp but that's gone quiet, understandably less rumours than K DH as he has less of a measurable track record than him but you'd be buying potential.

I don’t imagine we would get much for him.. 4-5m tops? We’d need to sell someone else surely, and I don’t imagine a huge saving on wages either..

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Sly said:

I think @Ric Flair has a better grasp of this than me, however I believe the embargo allows us to still purchase players, as the actual transaction is no different to Rudkin buying himself a new fax machine. 

The embargo just stops of registering new players. As we will no longer be in the EFL, this will not impact us by the time the registration window opens. 

What we don’t know yet, is what the EPL are going to do with us, as with us muting legal action, have we just delayed the inevitable like Manchester City.

The deal with KDH is the awkward one as we don’t really know how we’ve amortised the transfer amounts, especially with the bank loans used ti offset them. 

We don’t really get transparency on each clubs profitability and sustainability rules (PSR) for each season, so we are all shooting in the dark based on financial losses within the accounts.

However the accounts aren’t an exact science with the PSR rules, as we are allowed to makes loses on infrastructure, women’s team etc, as they don’t count. 

Yeah, so, footballers are people. You can't legally own a person, we don't want to actually buy Abdul Fatawu.

When money changes hands between Leicester City and Sporting, what we're really doing is buying the rights to legally acquire his contract. We could theoretically do that at any point, there's no reason you can't wrap up a transfer in October or March, for example, it's just that that player cannot be registered by his new club so there's really no point. 

FIFA's published regulations on The Status and Transfer of Players doesn't actually talk about transfers per se, it talks about registration and the rules therein. This is what a 'transfer window' really is, it's what FIFA calls a Registration Period and every association is allowed to define when two of those fall within their calendar. 

If you read the Embargoes page on the EFL website, you'll see that they state the limitation on players is a limitation on registration, written as "Clubs under Embargo with 23 or more players of Professional Standing cannot register players."

They can't directly stop us giving money to Sporting. However, obviously clubs that are under embargoes are normally being vetted financially for over-spending and going out and spending more money whilst essentially being audited for Profit & Sustainability breaches would be spectacularly stupid. 

All of this said, the embargo the EFL has placed on us isn't actually because of a breach of rules - unless I've misunderstood - but because we've refused to comply with their request for us to "provide relevant information relating to Profit & Sustainability rules", basically we don't ****ing have to because our financials for this season haven't been published yet and won't until next year and our 22/23 financials are the absolute sum of **** all to do with them and they can sit on their pencils and swivel.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, so, footballers are people. You can't legally own a person, we don't want to actually buy Abdul Fatawu.

When money changes hands between Leicester City and Sporting, what we're really doing is buying the rights to legally acquire his contract. We could theoretically do that at any point, there's no reason you can't wrap up a transfer in October or March, for example, it's just that that player cannot be registered by his new club so there's really no point. 

FIFA's published regulations on The Status and Transfer of Players doesn't actually talk about transfers per se, it talks about registration and the rules therein. This is what a 'transfer window' really is, it's what FIFA calls a Registration Period and every association is allowed to define when two of those fall within their calendar. 

If you read the Embargoes page on the EFL website, you'll see that they state the limitation on players is a limitation on registration, written as "Clubs under Embargo with 23 or more players of Professional Standing cannot register players."

They can't directly stop us giving money to Sporting. However, obviously clubs that are under embargoes are normally being vetted financially for over-spending and going out and spending more money whilst essentially being audited for Profit & Sustainability breaches would be spectacularly stupid. 

All of this said, the embargo the EFL has placed on us isn't actually because of a breach of rules - unless I've misunderstood - but because we've refused to comply with their request for us to "provide relevant information relating to Profit & Sustainability rules", basically we don't ****ing have to because our financials for this season haven't been published yet and won't until next year and our 22/23 financials are the absolute sum of **** all to do with them and they can sit on their pencils and swivel.

it’s only 8.15am here and this is far to eloquently written and accurate for me. I’m off to get another coffee.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s only 8.15am here and this is far to eloquently written and accurate for me. I’m off to get another coffee.

TLDR: we can't register players for the EFL at the moment which is irrelevant because our next registration period will be for the 24/25 Premier League season.

• Like 2

Albrighton has said previously that when his career is finished he will sign for the "Galactico's"

The "Galactico's" being a Sunday team in Tamworth consisting of most of his mates from when he was a youngster.

50 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Albrighton has said previously that when his career is finished he will sign for the "Galactico's"

The "Galactico's" being a Sunday team in Tamworth consisting of most of his mates from when he was a youngster.

not sure he’s ready to retire… got a couple more years in him, in the right place..

• Like 1