Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

What is the objective for next season?

10 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Just survive. The gap between Premier League and Championship is getting wider and its getting harder to just stay up at all without spending obscene amounts, which we cannot even do thanks to our illustrious board.

In truth it's down to FFP that we can't spend obscene amounts. 

16 hours ago, Iran said:

I'm feeling more worried about 'second-season syndrome' than staying up next season to be honest.

Na no need. Second season syndrome for other clubs = relegation. Second season syndrome for Leicester = win league and ruin football :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The PSR rules have rightly come in for a lot of criticism, but I’m going to try and look at the upside

The % of revenue we were spending on wages last year was totally unsustainable in the long or even medium term 

The rules have arguably saved us from ourselves, and will force the club to revaluate some of the salaries we’ve been handing out 

It will also hopefully force us to pivot back to a transfer model based on younger up-and-coming players 

Which I’m fine with, as shopping at the pricier end of the market has caused us nothing but pain in the last few years 

On 07/05/2024 at 06:19, davieG said:

Avoid relegation on minimal clever spending to build up a financial resource to move up the league season by season.

Basically start again. 10 years down the shitter. At least we won some good gear along the way. 

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Basically start again. 10 years down the shitter. At least we won some good gear along the way. 

In my opinion, football is about cycles. It's part of the game. It's just a shame that those teams at the very top never taste relegation anymore.

Obviously I never want Leicester to be relegated ever, and I'd love it if we won something or finished in a European spot every season. But our profile as a club is raised massively.

We've been a top two tier club for the majority of our existence. At the moment, thanks to the last 10 years, we're back where we belong in the top division in the eyes of many neutrals in this country and around the world. At one point we were being spoken about as being the club that extended the Big Six into the Big Seven (somewhat prematurely, though).

Winning stuff along the way has been the most important thing. But raising the profile of the club could bring us a lot of benefits in the future, despite how bleak the current financial situation is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What I don't understand is why ain't the EPL doing every teams books at once, that easy most of the clubs will be hit with the fines. We're all be in the same boat

Edited by HarryDee8
My expelliarmus charm didn't work

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Did we qualify for Europe by winning the Championship :ph34r:

No, but if Man City do the double, we can play them in the Charity Shield :ph34r: where the winner qualifies for Europe :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Obviously stay in the league.

But for me maybe more importantly is to rebuild the squad. Get the wage bill down and players tied to longer (but sensible) contracts. Sign some players who have the potential to improve and increase in value. Bolster the academy so we have the pipeline coming through in 2-4yrs. A massive part of our downfall was the contract/player recruitment department so we seriously need to get that functioning again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To make Vladimir Putin a Foxes supporter, when he does change to celebrate the glorious Foxes, he will have a change of heart and everything will go all Bill n Ted, everything's going alright with the world.

Failing that, relegate the red shite :scarf: so they can celebrate their sheep/shite rivalry :tumbleweed:

Obvious goal is to avoid relegation, but most importantly for me is to ensure we use the increase in funds to secure ourselves financially so that IF we get relegated again we do not have to panic about parachute payments being signed off to loan companies and we use it to reinvest into the squad.