Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

who’s contract would you renew (poll)

would you renew the contract or not (poll)  

445 members have voted

1. 1. vardy

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. vesty

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. nacho

• yes
    • no
  4. 4. wilf

• yes
    • no
  5. 5. sharky

• yes
    • no

I think people are overlooking the fact that offering a 1 year extension isn't necessarily going to do it for any of the free agents. They're going to want more security than that I'd imagine. Unless your 1 year extension pays them the same a 3 year contract on a lower wage. I think it'd probably only appeal to Vardy and that's because he'd probably still get a decent wedge.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2024 at 20:36, 73LCFC said:

Have people forgot how bad Vestergaard & Ndidi were the last Premiership season?.

People keep saying this so I'm going to make this point:

VESTERGUARD DIDNT PLAY A SINGLE PREM GAME LAST SEASON!

• Like 2

On 09/05/2024 at 15:43, JimJams said:

I think people are overlooking the fact that offering a 1 year extension isn't necessarily going to do it for any of the free agents. They're going to want more security than that I'd imagine. Unless your 1 year extension pays them the same a 3 year contract on a lower wage. I think it'd probably only appeal to Vardy and that's because he'd probably still get a decent wedge.

As you say no chance of N'didi or Vestergaard signing a one-year extension - especially Vestergaard at 31 this will be his last big contract.

Which is the most important position to fill?

Vestergaard.  If we retain him because of his progressive passing from the back I think we *must* recruit a pace merchant centre back to play alongside him.   I wouldn't want to start the season with Faes and Vestergaard as my starting centre backs - Faes is too reckless at times rushing in and there is no way Vestergaard can cover. 

Ndidi could potentially play as a six or eight tho maybe lacks the creativity for a season in the premier as an eight.  Also his injury record is a concern.  If we could renew on a modest wage then I would retain him, but he would probably play in a double pivot alongside Winks.  

We definitely could do with an enforcer type in midfield.

Re Vardy....love the fella and no doubt he will chip in but I think we need a new focal point to lead the line.  Daka and Cannon I don't see as starters / generating enough goals.

Vardy the only one that makes business sense to me.

Vesty would want too much money (last big contract) and could see a few suitors overseas who wouldn’t be hurt by his lack of pace so much.

Ndidi wasn’t great when returned from his injury, isn’t the DM beast so would be based on him slumming it for 3 months rather than acknowledging his injury record and 2 years of lethargic DM performances - shame as I loved the guy.

Vardy and Ndidi.

Vestergaard isn't good enough in the Premier League and I'm bored of Iheanacho. 7 years of Iheanacho is enough, get in the bin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Vardy and Ndidi.

Vestergaard isn't was not good enough in the Premier League under Rodgers and I'm bored of Iheanacho. 7 years of Iheanacho is enough, get in the bin.

He may not be good enough under Enzo either, but I imagine plenty this window will depend on the finances. Nacho, yeah, bugger off.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 16:25, lcfcbluearmy said:

People keep saying this so I'm going to make this point:

VESTERGUARD DIDNT PLAY A SINGLE PREM GAME LAST SEASON!

Not only that but we bought Souter as there were no plans to play him. 

The wages will be the issue. Vardy is the only player we can definitely say would deserve the wage and he is most likely looking at a drop.

Ndidi probably still has 2 more transfers in him, so will have a good bargaining chip. I wouldn't want us to essentially splurge a wage on him and agree to a 4 year contract on silly wages.