Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corbee

Retro Shirts

On 09/05/2024 at 18:17, rugbyblue said:

Talking of retro shirts have you seen the retro players pics from that era.  Agnew, Colin Gordon, mauchlen, Ramsey.   Love em but they look like they been pulled out of the pub and not like the athletes we have today.  

Agnew makes me laugh. I think it’s his appearance and his receding bald vibe. He looked more like a librarian than a footballer. But then saw him recently as a coach, and he’s clearly wet shaves his head and he looks pretty menacing like an enforcer/gangster type.

But yea love a retro. I’m often seen sporting the 84 blue one. Want the 87, 91 or 94 one next I think.

https://www.sporting-heroes.net/football/leicester-city-fc/steve-agnew-10532/league-appearances_a37133/

IMG_0424.jpeg.b5f5f2a7391b4d457c989d9e58c3dc08.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2024 at 18:32, rugbyblue said:

Wasn't that for 125 years anniversary, so.......2009 if my maths is correct.. correct me if I'm wrong......which is a definite on foxes talk 😂

That one with the big 125 below the badge? 

Yeah might be

I gave my collection to a charity shop a couple of years ago, I had the home and away from that season, they were a couple of my favs.

It was a really weird season on the field, I'd say our most inconsistent in my time following the club. Pleat arrived half way through and we were fantastic from January onwards.

• 3 months later...

I’m expanding my collection, and I’m deciding between the 95 home or green/purple shirt. One draw to the green/purple one is that I think they only wore it once (Reading away when they had that Bulgarian keeper with the syrup, and I was there)… can anyone confirm it was only worn once?

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m expanding my collection, and I’m deciding between the 95 home or green/purple shirt. One draw to the green/purple one is that I think they only wore it once (Reading away when they had that Bulgarian keeper with the syrup, and I was there)… can anyone confirm it was only worn once?

I had vague memories of us wearing it at Brammall Lane but I might be wrong. Maybe I just wore it to Brammall Lane, we won. Scott Taylor masterclass.

The 84 one is the best. Sadly the most recent remake has ruined it and it doesn’t feel authentic, or at least not for me.

its a small detail, but I had one of the first retros of it which was a 1:1 copy. The newer one has a stuck/ironed on admiral badge, where as the original and the early retros were embroidered. I only know this because I bought one to replace my battered one, and ended up taking it back. The green one is the same now sadly.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I had vague memories of us wearing it at Brammall Lane but I might be wrong. Maybe I just wore it to Brammall Lane, we won. Scott Taylor masterclass.

Scott Taylor was a good player. Was it this one? Taylor looks to get a goal and assist, but no green or purple in sight.

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Scott Taylor was a good player. Was it this one? Taylor looks to get a goal and assist, but no green or purple in sight.

My first visit to Brammall Lane, happy memory.

Although that commentator is terrible. Calling Walsh - Whitlow & Mark Blake - Joachim.

Edited by Rain King
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

The 84 one is the best. Sadly the most recent remake has ruined it and it doesn’t feel authentic, or at least not for me.

its a small detail, but I had one of the first retros of it which was a 1:1 copy. The newer one has a stuck/ironed on admiral badge, where as the original and the early retros were embroidered. I only know this because I bought one to replace my battered one, and ended up taking it back. The green one is the same now sadly.

In my opinion, all of the remakes are significantly worse quality. The feel of them is awful, impossible to wear for any sport.

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Yeah that was it. I honestly reckon my memory must have been me wearing it to the game 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Worn only 3 times. At Luton, Huddersfield and Reading. Never won in it. And it was green and jade btw.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Worn only 3 times. At Luton, Huddersfield and Reading. Never won in it. And it was green and jade btw.

Bloody hell I did 2 of those aways as well and should have been 3. My old boy had got us tickets for Huddersfield and just before we were about to set off I refused to go. I was proven right as we were the pits 😂😂

He was livid with me

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I was at that reading game as lived there, then. The audio doesn’t quite catch who was making his debut -but I’m sure it was Lennon? He was like a man possessed warming up at half-time on the pitch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I was at that reading game as lived there, then. The audio doesn’t quite catch who was making his debut -but I’m sure it was Lennon? He was like a man possessed warming up at half-time on the pitch. 

Yeah Lennon made his debut there, did he score an own goal or have I made that up.

23 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

If I close my eyes I can still smell the bogs there now

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If I close my eyes I can still smell the bogs there now

And I’m sure it lashed down in the second half??  Or maybe that was just you that couldn’t be arsed

tomsie the smelly bogs? 😳

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2024 at 06:49, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Agnew makes me laugh. I think it’s his appearance and his receding bald vibe. He looked more like a librarian than a footballer. But then saw him recently as a coach, and he’s clearly wet shaves his head and he looks pretty menacing like an enforcer/gangster type.

But yea love a retro. I’m often seen sporting the 84 blue one. Want the 87, 91 or 94 one next I think.

https://www.sporting-heroes.net/football/leicester-city-fc/steve-agnew-10532/league-appearances_a37133/

IMG_0424.jpeg.b5f5f2a7391b4d457c989d9e58c3dc08.jpeg

I was at the '93 Millwall game when he scored and was subsequently sent off. Always looked like a fairly no nonsense player tbh. Not too many PE Teacher vibes.

Btw, as Haircut 100 have new music out there, any recent more specific 'Favourite Shirts' groups here?

On 08/09/2024 at 21:15, TrentFox said:

And I’m sure it lashed down in the second half??  Or maybe that was just you that couldn’t be arsed

tomsie the smelly bogs? 😳

It’s one of my earliest away game memories and yes pretty sure it lashed it down. I also remember our fans taking the piss out of their keeper, who I think was the Bulgarian from the 94 World Cup.