Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Kelechi Iheanacho - Aston Villa

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Speaks more to Villa having one eye on FFP than anything else

Almost every club bar us takes advantage of the free transfer market each season.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Kelechi is having christmas in one, a championship medal one season and playing champions league football the next.  To be honest Emery has proved he can get the best out of average players, Iheanacho maybe another to add to that list. Goes with blessing, Enzo don't rate him and if there's opportunity going for him to get little bit more game time and a chance to sample european football again then who can blame him.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2

I get the feeling Nacho is one of those guys that’s not actually too bothered about playing. 

He’s never seemed even slightly bothered by sitting on our bench. 

I don’t think many strikers would have been so calm after being benched after some of the mad runs he went on for us. 

Villa is a great move for him, but not so great for Villa. 

I can't see him doing anything different than he has with us. 

Will rarely start games, but will have odd moments of brilliance, followed by long spells of nothing. 

Always liked him off the field, but definitely not a player we should be trying to hang on to. 

• Like 1

He's had a bit of a crap career really, from U17 superstar to Man City and was once the most prolific striker in PL history on the metric of goals per minute.

He's been here for seven years and never nailed down a starting spot, 28 in October and if he goes Villa that will be another four years as a bit part player. I would happily have seen him sold at any point in his time here, even a year ago when he was getting linked with £15m bids people on here were telling me he would tear up the Championship and £15m would be bad business as you get £100m for being in the PL as if Iheanacho would be the difference.

I actually believe that this could be a good bit of business for Villa. Decent backup; fulfills the CL English quota (á la Scott Carson); no transfer fee, so could have resale value to help with PSR down the road. If they can get him on the right contract (lower basic wage, with higher appearance fee), then he would be a sensible signing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sooner he leaves the better (same goes for Daka) - no way should they offer him a new contract. I thought he´d scored goals in the Championship but even at that level his general play was poor and his scoring record poorer. Also, he always looks so miserable. I´d rather have McAteer or Cannon in the team

• Like 2

Overall his Leicester career was a disappointment, never first choice apart from that time Vardy was injured and Nacho carried us.

Quality one minute and Sunday league the next...  farewell sweet prince:wave:

It's best that he goes reagrdless of who too.  A new challenge will do him good.

While we sign somone who is hungry to make a name for themselves.

He stepped up when we needed him most so goes with best wishes and all that.

• 1 month later...