Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Kelechi Iheanacho - Aston Villa

Sadly never quite reached the level i hoped...to be fair always second choice to the goat.

Always seemed committed and tried... good luck Kel.

19 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Sevilla found some money down the back of the sofa then, but not for Soumare.

That's because they seen him play. 

• Like 1

Can absolutely see him getting to double figures in La Liga without breaking a sweat (which is his favourite past time lol

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

People complaining about Soumare not breaking a sweat but pining for Kelechi.  :rolleyes:

In fairness, one is a box to box central midfielder and the other isn't. 

You wouldn't be upset at Mads Hermansen if you found out he ran less in a match than Hamza Choudhury would you? 

Iheanacho's defensive work rate definitely is an obstacle that kept him out of the side but he still contributed goals and assists to the team at a very credible rate in the Premier League where Bouba Soumaré contributed, erm... 

I'll get back to you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, one is a box to box central midfielder and the other isn't. 

You wouldn't be upset at Mads Hermansen if you found out he ran less in a match than Hamza Choudhury would you? 

Iheanacho's defensive work rate definitely is an obstacle that kept him out of the side but he still contributed goals and assists to the team at a very credible rate in the Premier League where Bouba Soumaré contributed, erm... 

I'll get back to you. 

Plenty of times it is stated that a certain level of effort is a minimum expectation, neither of these displayed this with regularity and this is where it applies regardless of position.

Wish him well and after we've spent a season watching Daka falling over his own feet and putting shots from 3 yards over the bar, I hope the club stock up on those You'll miss me when I'm gone t-shirts to sell. 

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Fair play to his agent. I had him down as somewhere like Forest/Brentford/Bournemouth.

He's better than that level. This suits him.

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

Can absolutely see him getting to double figures in La Liga without breaking a sweat (which is his favourite past time lol

Didn't people say the same about the Championship?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Sadly never quite reached the level i hoped...to be fair always second choice to the goat.

Always seemed committed and tried... good luck Kel.

You’re joking right? 

11 hours ago, Gloria said:

Sevilla found some money down the back of the sofa then, but not for Soumare.

11 hours ago, sm1 said:

That's because they seen him play. 

what!? So they are buying Kalechi having never seen him play?

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't people say the same about the Championship?

I honestly thought he would be head and shoulders above any other player in the league. No idea what happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I honestly thought he would be head and shoulders above any other player in the league. No idea what happened.

He's just doesn't seem capable of making the most of he's talent.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's just doesn't seem capable of making the most of he's talent.

I'm sure I heard him and Enzo didn't get on. He seemed like he'd be perfect for Enzoball...but it just never happened. Odd.

Anyway, best of luck to him. He frustrated frequently, but when he was on it I loved watching him. His performances helped us to the FA Cup at the very least. I'll miss his and Ndidi's silliness together.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1