Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

39th Premier League Game is back?

Unfortunately this is inevitable. Let’s be honest, the fans are not the number one priority, revenue is. If it means upsetting those who love the club and pay their money so be it… why? Because a majority will just roll over, have their bellies rubbed and say “okay!”

Playing abroad, be it in the US, Asia or Aus, would generate serious money. If they can add an additional game then that would be extra revenue. Along with the commercials available, it would be a happy pay day for any EPL club.

And what about us loyal, adoring fans? We will still have to pay our £25 for a piece of plastic, get robbed blind for a rock hard pie, and pay a subscription to watch your team play a league game because you can’t afford the £1,500 for a so called home fixture 🤬

For all our clubs faults, if this comes down to a vote, they will vote against it, and I'm sure most other clubs would aswell.

We support Leicester City. We'll play our home games in Leicester. End of.

Posted (edited)

All I’ll say is that if this was to ever happen it would be the day I walk away from top tier football, and unfortunately, the football club I love.

Which would save me a small fortune in fairness. 

Edited by rn9013

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

For all our clubs faults, if this comes down to a vote, they will vote against it, and I'm sure most other clubs would aswell.

We support Leicester City. We'll play our home games in Leicester. End of.

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 not a chance in hell we will vote against this. Did you not see all the muppets on the pitch last weekend.

We will vote for it and our owners will push for games in Thailand.

Once they have shown the clubs how many ££££££££££££££ they can make they all will.

You really are living in the past.

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

FECK THE 39TH GAME.

It didnt happen last time and if the fans stick together it wint this time.

Just like the European super league it will happen.

Money is king.

You're only kidding yourself.

27 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The Detroit Foxes Wendyburger Triple Decker FC - formerly known as Leicester City Football Club 

DFWTDFC vs Homophobic Genocidal Oligarch Weapons Of Mass Destruction United is always a hotly contested match and a huge draw for the United Americans. 

Posted (edited)

The biggest problem, really, is that the US owners are competing with three huge American sports - American football, basketball, and (more limited) ice hockey. Both at the professional level and the college level. There is a reason the MLS plays when it does.

The most viable money maker would probably be a longer summer UEFA World championship held in the US over 6 weeks. It would be a technical "real competition" but serve as a pre-season tournament for the European teams. It also gives a playoff, which Americans think is necessary to have a "real" champion.

Football (the American soccer) just isn't anything but a class-statement in the US, and won't get the same support as American sports (people visit international Rugby matches, too, but don't really follow it. Lacrosse? Don't get me started.)

But there is no sport in the US that has a true league champion - and that is what everyone should be worried about - the desire American owners have for a play-off system.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl
I'm stupid.

13 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Not to my knowledge, the only way I think it could work is if it were 2 games per club in the US against the same team. There are problems with this too though as in order for the games to be additional you need an extra 2 clubs and then you're back to a 42 game season.

To play this fixture at any point in the season will give someone an advantage.I presumed it would be played at the end of the season.I can think of many reasons why this would not work practically.Not to mention planning the logistics and marketing of such a fixture in such a small time scale.

Wouldn’t worry about this just yet as it’s just a fan reaction indicator.Games like the Charity Shield will be slowly shipped abroad.By the time full blown fixtures go the same way I think we will be past caring.

17 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Another step, after the wave of Americans investing in the English game (which isn’t getting anywhere near enough attention), towards a turn en masse to non-league for thousands of English football fans.

I've been pointing to the Americanization of football for years and people either a) don't want to listen or b) are in thrall to the idea of Americanization.

It's been death by a thousand cuts. Little incremental changes and a show procession of ownership movements. 

Reynolds and McElheny at Wrexham has been particularly gauling. They've enough front to present 'we're in love with this' in a way that people lap up. Essentially, though, it's another football club that's Americanized.

The game isn't ours anymore.

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The biggest problem, really, is that the US owners are competing with three huge American sports - American football, basketball, and (more limited) ice hockey. Both at the professional level and the college level. There is a reason the MLS plays when it does.

The most viable money maker would probably be a longer summer UEFA World championship held in the US over 6 weeks. It would be a technical "real competition" but serve as a pre-season tournament for the European teams. It also gives a playoff, which Americans think is necessary to have a "real" champion.

Football (the American soccer) just isn't anything but a class-statement in the US, and won't get the same support as American sports (people visit international Rugby matches, too, but don't really follow it. Lacrosse? Don't get me started.)

But there is no sport in the US that has a true league champion - and that is what everyone should be worried about - the desire American owners have for a play-off system.

You can also add baseball there (which I love tbh). NBA for a pure basketball fan like me is becoming unbearable now with the stupid changes of rules especially regarding ball travelling. American college basketball is still absolutely top fun with huge amount of fans in US and worldwide. 

In general a lot of sports are getting these stupid changes which imo are part of a larger scale political plan by corrupted "elitists" to frustrate more the people. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The Premier League should have a protected status to it, to protect some of its traditions.

PL was founded to gradually eliminate all these English football traditions. You can't grant the corrupted a protection status, they aren't there to protect. They're there to destroy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

The Premier League should have a protected status to it, to protect some of its traditions.

They don't have any it's been a money grabbing carve up from the day they forced the FA and FL to give them control over the way it's run.

Tradition would be back in the FL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You can also add baseball there (which I love tbh). NBA for a pure basketball fan like me is becoming unbearable now with the stupid changes of rules especially regarding ball travelling. American college basketball is still absolutely top fun with huge amount of fans in US and worldwide. 

In general a lot of sports are getting these stupid changes which imo are part of a larger scale political plan by corrupted "elitists" to frustrate more the people. 

Growing up I liked baseball and American football. I watched one NBA game and a few high school games - basketball wasn't my thing. When I was in my 20s, I loved the (awful) local minor league ice hockey team. I strangely loved watching lacrosse, which is big at the high school level, okay at university level, and a joke at the (semi) professional level.

The problem with football (the soccer one) is that it is a "anyone can play" youth game - it literally is hugely popular because children with no abilities are guaranteed playing time! The biggest supporters of the MLS are either born in foreign countries (and watch the Mexican league more often) or had a semester abroad and want to tell everyone about it for the rest of their lives - the only names they know are Messi and Ronaldo.

It will never be super popular in the US without becoming a more US sport (like the MLS is attempting with playoffs and such), but US owners are willing to destroy the European game to become, maybe, the 4th most popular sport in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

They don't have any it's been a money grabbing carve up from the day they forced the FA and FL to give them control over the way it's run.

Agree. Initially the premier league (premiership) was a jolt in the arm for a game that was on its knees after years of football hooliganism. But it ran without any controls and has become an out of control monster that has devoured the traditions of the game without any recourse.

Let’s just go for it early and play all 18 of our home games across North and South America plus Africa and Asia.  We’d be massive and we’d have a whole new set of moaners on here.  It’s Win Win

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Have you lost the love of the game?

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have you lost the love of the game?

The football on the pitch - No.

Pretty much everything else associated with professional football - Yes

• Like 1

It's all about trying to generate new ways of getting more and more money with no thought of the fans who are becoming more obsolete. The top clubs still want a European Super League even though no one else does. That's the problem with mainly foreign owners who want to expand the popularity of the Premier League around the world. as DaveG says the love of football will never end its just the way that certain people and businesses want to change it and market it that have no interest in the football side and only want to cream as much wonga out of it as possible to the detriment of the game fans love.

Eventually, one day, the money grubbers will go one step too far and it'll implode in a fantastical shitshow that would make watching the sky on bomfire night, coupled with the northern lights and an appearance by Godzilla a sideshow.

Posted (edited)

I'd be done with premier league football, just greed. Scrap Fa Cup replays, yet happy to travel halfway round the world to earn extra millions.

Imagine having that fixed club super league, fifa club world cup and then this 39th game. Pushing the fans to the limit.

Edited by Leicesterpool