Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

39th Premier League Game is back?

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Game has truly gone, my only hope is that it ends up being one of the greedy 7 that is affected rather than the rest of us.

Could see a scenario where 4th-7th in the PL go out and play a sort of playoff tournament to decide CL/Europa spots.

I mean if that wasn’t sent around the globe it would actually be pretty decent. No way the big clubs would allow that though. 

Too much room for a little old leicester to sneak their spots 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

American owners love this franchise crap. American sports maybe nteresting to Americans but I find them pretty dull. I really dont want them getting their grubby hands on football. 

It's soccer! And I for one can't wait to see Phil "the Dream" Foden tieing the match for the Manchester Blue Socks @ London Crusaders.

3 hours ago, copunk said:

One thing I will say for American sport is their coverage and panel analysts are so far superior to ours

But a 39th game would be atrocious 🤣

I find it absolutely horrendous. The PL panels/pundits could be better, but leave all the over dramatised razzmatazz for the US.

5 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

American owners love this franchise crap. American sports maybe nteresting to Americans but I find them pretty dull. I really dont want them getting their grubby hands on football. 

Morons.  Basketball is glorified netball with constant scoring to stop them getting bored and only the last few minutes really matter, baseball is glorified schoolgirl rounders, American football....they don't even use their feet 95% of the time....ITS NOT FOOTBALL.  No relegation or promotion so the season is over for half the teams by Xmas.  Concentration span of gnats so numerous breaks which is ideal for ads.  Call themselves world champions winning at a game only they play.  They cannot cope with the concept of a draw......It says a lot about Americans that football is huge almost everywhere in the world except there. Stinks of "if I can't win,  I'm not playing". They just don't get it and shouldnt be anywhere near English league clubs or be given the chance to put forward views on how "to improve the experience".  

That said I wouldn't object to the foxy ladies cheerleaders coming back and doing a bit of pole dancing at half time 😂😂

Edited by rugbyblue

42 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Let's not pretend that British supporters won't just let it happen and then lap it up. 

Nah, everyone will just keep saying ‘the game is gone’ online over and over again. Whilst renewing their STs of course

The American sports market is at a very interesting crossroads. As Soccer builds population, awareness is larger, they have been charging a fortune for Copa America games at the moment but no one is buying tickets for the games between the lesser teams because the ‘consumer’ now knows that this isn’t value. 

Predictions the same may happen at the WC2026 as well. 

What happens if the league decider comes down to the 39th game like Man city vs Arsenal decider a couple of years ago.

Do they expect 140thousand Fans to fly to America for the game.

The Government needs to step in and stop this crazy idea and protect our game.

• Like 1

The community shield doesn't have to be played at Wembley imo. It becomes burdensome for the FA Cup winning team to have played there 3 times in a short space of time. If there's one game I'd be open for moving away it's that but no league fixture should ever be taken away from its respective home ground

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

The community shield doesn't have to be played at Wembley imo. It becomes burdensome for the FA Cup winning team to have played there 3 times in a short space of time. If there's one game I'd be open for moving away it's that but no league fixture should ever be taken away from its respective home ground

Totally disagree, my lad couldn’t get a ticket for the fa cup final, but I got him one for that. He absolutely loved seeing us at Wembley, winning and lifting a trophy, are you going to take that away from him and thousands of other homegrown fans just to satisfy international fans, tv and greedy owners. Once it happens for one than that opens the door for more and more and then whatever they move onto next. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, copunk said:

One thing I will say for American sport is their coverage and panel analysts are so far superior to ours

Have you heard Alexi Lalas?

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

What happens if the league decider comes down to the 39th game like Man city vs Arsenal decider a couple of years ago.

Do they expect 140thousand Fans to fly to America for the game.

The Government needs to step in and stop this crazy idea and protect our game.

The United States has a lot of football fans.

My local MLS team, for example Charlotte FC , who are a very average team drew a crowd of 69,000 for their opening fixture this season.

whilst I’m against the idea of any premier league game being played outside of England, make no mistake , any premier league game  involving a top 6 team played in the United  states will be a complete sell out.  ( pun intended!)

2 hours ago, MPH said:

My local MLS team, for example Charlotte FC , who are a very average team drew a crowd of 69,000 for their opening fixture this season.

whilst I’m against the idea of any premier league game being played outside of England, make no mistake , any premier league game  involving a top 6 team played in the United  states will be a complete sell out.  ( pun intended!)

Shh, this space is reserved for jingoism.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

How many of those tickets were given away?

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Let's not pretend that British supporters won't just let it happen and then lap it up. 

To be fair, for all I think we're a soft touch I do think we have a breaking point. The super league was past the line for us. The line is admittedly way further down than it should be.

People still don' realise how popular soccer is in the US, maybe they'll never realise or just don't want Americans to like it, I don't know.

But to answer a question from a few posts up, the government (or club) wont expect 100,000 fans to travel to the US, they don't care about the fans in this country, they'll be plenty of American fans that will pack the biggest stadiums in America to watch the game.

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Nah, everyone will just keep saying ‘the game is gone’ online over and over again. Whilst renewing their STs of course

And moan about the £25 charge for a physical card but pay it anyway. 

8 hours ago, MPH said:

While I totally agree with you my point was the if it did turn out to be a decisive game all the Uk Fans ST and Fans wouldn't want to miss it. So the logistics of moving 140k fans would be enormous.

Not to mention the us fans who also would want to attend      It just seems a daft and not very well taught out idea.

So after 38 games 17th and 18th are separated by goal difference. But game 39 is in Tokyo and Perth Australia.for both sides.

Or one of them is home and the other is in Tokyo.

How the fvck can they be played at the same time. What happens if a games abandoned through weather.

I seriously am getting fvcked off with the prem. This really will be the final nail for me.

😆 🤣  boxing day in Bangkok 

15 hours ago, copunk said:

Skip Bayless and Stephen A say hello!