Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Luke Thomas - Bolton Wanderers

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

It will never surprise me how utterly clueless some of our fans are. £20m outlay for Szmodics, recouping £4-5m on Thomas. What’s next, selling Ward back to Liverpool for £12m?

He'd Slot in nicely there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

£3-5m for a young defender with 68 PL appearances to his name is very cheap. I suspect the club will gamble that somebody will be interested in him at that kind of price, which would of bring us a useful little sum in pure profit.

Such a player at any of top half of the PL would go for double or more but I accept such a player of Thomas's calibre wouldn't have played 68 PL games for the big 6 clubs so it's tricky.

It doesn't help that we are notorious for paying high wages so that comes in to the equation too.

I'd let him go for a nominal fee but with a decent sell on clause / bonuses.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2024 at 12:58, dmayne7 said:

What a fall from grace. Crazy how solid he was when he came in and that he was good going forward, with a brilliant delivery. Not seen any of that for so long. Fresh start needed for him

He was solid for first one game and a half

How quickly things change in Football.

2 year's ago he had one of the league's top scorer in his pocket.

Now he's considered worthless.

Again it doesn't reflect well on the Clubs player support personnel.

Or there's something we're not been told about.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

At Leicester? With our board and management? I'm shocked to read that. I tell you, shocked.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Had seen quite often on this forum about him not being disciplined off-field - could anyone give an example of this?

Honestly, I don't know the lad, but I've handled hundreds of young players over the years, And in my experience it's very often something outside of football that's going on which causes a drop-off in Form.

I hope I'm wrong and he gets back to playing because the longer he's out the harder it becomes to get back.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Leicesters own Barry Bennell......

Transfer to Prison FC in the offing.....

I hope he does and gets back to his best.  I've seen some very good young players fall by the wayside from all kind of Social problems.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2024 at 08:24, Clever Fox said:

Does it? Does he need support personnel to tell him to get in the gym and bulk up a bit or spend some time with working on his physicality. It was obvious to everyone I think that for him to go up a level he needed to hit the gym and in 4 years he still has the same build and speed, league 1 and 2 wingers were bullying him last season until he does something about it he’s destined for a lower league career, which is a shame because technically he’s very decent. By the sounds of it he was more interested in playing snooker and going on the lash than doing something useful