Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Season Ticket - New - Successful or Not?

Probably going to cause a bit of controversy with this but the points cut off is actually low. Points system is about 10 years old now so that’s 100 points just for renewing each year. Or even if somone started their points after Covid, 3 years membership renewal and an average of 50% home games each season would be around 80 points at least by now

• Like 1

Those that have a high number of points are successful though, so the following year usually it’s only those who have the lower amount the previous years that are still applying. 

I think having a poor couple of years also lowered the number massively. 

The ground needs to be expanded now, it’s getting silly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeBlue119 said:

Probably going to cause a bit of controversy with this but the points cut off is actually low. Points system is about 10 years old now so that’s 100 points just for renewing each year. Or even if somone started their points after Covid, 3 years membership renewal and an average of 50% home games each season would be around 80 points at least by now

I don’t think that’s the case at all.

3 years since Covid, that would be 20 member points after 2 renewals 

50% of home games = 30 points.

so you’re looking at 50 points. 

IF you went to every game (league) you’d be on 81 points 

3 hours ago, JakeBlue119 said:

Yep. Someone can have a decent shot of a season ticket after 2 or 3 seasons of membership. @steveherbe has 110 odd points having only bought a few home tickets on his membership the last couple of seasons. 

It's a perfectly fair progression curve.

4 hours ago, guest123 said:

clearly wasn't going to get one on 25 points, and I knew that, but that is mad high for points. just got to hope they'll be enough tickets that make my point bracket

It really isn't a high bar. Anyone with 2 or 3 seasons of membership and attending half the games during that time has a decent shot.

Me too.  This was the availability taken from page source - 3878 spare seats after away allocation, season ticket holders and Keith Weller/Walkers Hall/Hospitality

image.png.5e8b1da03fa3d73686d151f84338be25.png

1 hour ago, slymunn said:

Is there any chance of a screenshot of the G1 seats? :) 

We might have to move to that block, but cannot see it online myself. 

image.png.d06fc54e73f942779e4efa148a503762.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ratters said:

Me too.  This was the availability taken from page source - 3878 spare seats after away allocation, season ticket holders and Keith Weller/Walkers Hall/Hospitality

3878 general admission home seats available each match is really terrible. How are we meant to grow the fanbase. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

3878 general admission home seats available each match is really terrible. How are we meant to grow the fanbase. 

I was thinking that but it adds up based on rough assumptions

Max 32200
Season Tickets -23000
Away Fans -3300
KW/WH/Hospitality -2000
Remainder 3900

Posted (edited)

I’m probably in a tiny minority that has accumulated enough points to be eligible for a season ticket but doesn’t want one. I enjoy the flexibility of match by match tickets (usually get to 7 or 8 games a year) due to living away from Leicester. 

I’ve experienced a few membership schemes over the years and I have to say the current points system is by far the fairest way to do it. I actually think it’s a good system. As people have highlighted, membership + regular attendance for a few years = very likely to be eligible for a season ticket. Less than that needed if we’re not in the premier league.

It also rewards consistent attendance. Eg it rewards those that renew their membership and continue to attend games over a longer period and avoids people buying a gold membership just when we’re doing well as has happened in the past. 

It seems fair to me. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 10:46, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It really isn't a high bar. Anyone with 2 or 3 seasons of membership and attending half the games during that time has a decent shot.

It's mad high bar, never been near that level ever.

On 17/05/2024 at 10:20, ratters said:

Actually a bit concerned about getting home tickets now on my points. The joys of relying on others to get tickets in the past.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because the amount of points people have accumulated goes up every season.

Someone mentioned on here, i think, even the club were surprised at the high amount of points due to not as many people as normal dropping out

3 hours ago, guest123 said:

Actually a bit concerned about getting home tickets now on my points. The joys of relying on others to get tickets in the past.

You will be fine in the 35+ bracket, just be ready at 8:00am when they go on sale.