Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Enzo's Priority is to STAY.

6 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

. @LCFC | The @SevillaFC has had contact with Enzo #Maresca , but the coach's priority would be to remain at #Leicester in @premierleague

If he stays and a bit of the deadwood 'running' the club are sent packing as a result - I'd be happy with that.

This is just a Tweet from a very hit and miss journo, though

• Like 2

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

If he stays and a bit of the deadwood 'running' the club are sent packing as a result - I'd be happy with that.

This is just a Tweet from a very hit and miss journo, though

Guillem Balagué has already reported that Maresca would prefer to stay, so it’s not even news really. It seems it will probably just come down to whether Top is willing to make the back room changes that Maresca asks for. On balance I reckon he will.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Guillem Balagué has already reported that Maresca would prefer to stay, so it’s not even news really. It seems it will probably just come down to whether Top is willing to make the back room changes that Maresca asks for. On balance I reckon he will.  

With all these things the answer will be somewhere in the middle. I can't see a world where Rudkin goes, but I imagine Enzo will be able to point out the roles and responsibilities that made Man City tick, and how maybe Rudkin needs to be hands off in certain areas, especially as he has lots of responsibilities. Interesting times ahead.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

For any criticisms I've had of him I'm already quite liking his attitude around trying to improve other facets of the club. He is indirectly telling us that he thinks Rudkin and whoever are hopeless and that's a good thing. Confirms what plenty of us have known for ages. It didn't take him long to cotton onto this lot at all - but then it wouldn't when you've come from a well functioning operation at Man City.

Thinking the same here....if it gets rid of Rudkin and co. I'm in

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd say the chances of Rudkin actually leaving are still tiny. Can see a situation where we create another role to bring somebody else in alongside or something like that.

That might be the best way to do things. There could be a general manager and then a sporting director. Plenty of German clubs operate in that way. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

listening to Guillem on When You're smiling, and reading between the lines, it sounds like theres a power struggle between Enzo and some at the club, sounds like Enzo wants to change things in the club to modernize and theres a bit of pushback. I think it will be the power that Enzo is allowed that will make his decision, as well as who he's having to deal with at board level

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

With all these things the answer will be somewhere in the middle. I can't see a world where Rudkin goes, but I imagine Enzo will be able to point out the roles and responsibilities that made Man City tick, and how maybe Rudkin needs to be hands off in certain areas, especially as he has lots of responsibilities. Interesting times ahead.

As much as I would prefer Rudkin too go I agree that is unlikely. But a change of roles could be just as effective 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But refreshingly, he doesn’t seem to be asking for a massive transfer budget he knows we can’t afford, nor a ridiculous wage for himself. He just wants to see whether the club is serious about making the step back up to the next level. I think most of us could get behind him on that. 

i 100%. Agree

i also find it nice that we are in a situation where potentially the board don’t hold all the power…. That someone will a football brain might be able to influence some of our decisions..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I hope you're right, mate