Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Enzo's Priority is to STAY.

23 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

But refreshingly, he doesn’t seem to be asking for a massive transfer budget he knows we can’t afford, nor a ridiculous wage for himself. He just wants to see whether the club is serious about making the step back up to the next level. I think most of us could get behind him on that. 

As much as I didn't like the Ballague interview, I liked the sentiment.

If we're a serious club we need to be serious in every area.

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Keep him especially if it has the same beneficial outcome of getting rid of someone promoted beyond their ability. 

Rudkin = Pierpoint2.0

I wish people would stop talking up Rudkin and his abilities.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So I have only just got round to listening to the WYS podcast with Guillem. Truthfully, I understand why people find him so annoying when he is making comments like Enzo will take you to europe then does an immediate U-Turn and says everyone's expectations should simply be to avoid relegation as if it was not already. It also very clear that he is leaching off Enzo to keep himself relevant.

However, I do struggle to understand why so many people have become frustrated having listened to the podcast. Overall, I found the podcast very intriguing. Guillem gave us insight of crucial moments of the season, which personally as a fan I find very interesting as it helps you understand the manager's management style. He is also giving us clear communication on behalf of Enzo, which as fans we have been crying out for and personally I am all here for it. 

I know that then leads to people making comparisons to Brendan Rodgers, because Enzo is dictating what the club requires but for me I don't think the two situations are comparable. Brendan's sole interests were those of his own. He wanted to be able to employ his buddies knowing full well they weren't necessary up for the job, Congerton being one prime example. He then threw his toys out of the pram because he had no transfer budget and ultimately got us relegated with a top 10 squad. The difference for me is basing off what Guillem has said, Enzo is not asking for people to be fired, he is not asking the club for complete control, he is simply advising that the people at the top need to start pulling their weight (Something we have been stating for years). He is also suggesting that the club employee more people higher up to ensure the club is ran properly and does not find itself again in the mess that we was/are in. Again, as a fan that is music to my ears that someone is challenging them.

Finally, if Guillem is not just talking waffle, it seems that if Enzo stays this year, he is not looking to use the club as a stepping stone, he wants to be here long term and build a club which bit by bit can be where we was and deserved to be. For me, that's everything you should want to hear from your manager and something we have been lacking for so long. Enzo it seems is attempting to build something that not only benefits himself but the club for many, many years. Hence the meeting with the board as he wants to know if they are serious or not. I think people need to relax and appreciate that at least to me, we someone in charge who truly seems like he cares about our clubs future.

Sidenote - If Top does rebuild the board room staff, it will be interesting to see how he does. As far as we are concerned he has never built his own board room before, at KP he walked into ownership of a very established and successful team and I would imagine he kept things in place and as we know he has made no changes at Leicester.

Enzo is clearly a Manager who knows what he is doing.  He also knows what is needed both behind the scenes and the players he wants to take us to the top.

If the Club support him like they did Rogers until he f.u. then I can see us going places.

Next season avoiding relegation is the Target, Anything else will be a bonus.

If he stays in 2 to 3 years I can see us challenging at the top again with a new young team.

But we all know a year is along time in football terms.

• Like 2

On 14/05/2024 at 19:03, lcfcbluearmy said:

As much as I would prefer Rudkin too go I agree that is unlikely. But a change of roles could be just as effective 

Academy Director!!?:whistle:

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So I have only just got round to listening to the WYS podcast with Guillem. Truthfully, I understand why people find him so annoying when he is making comments like Enzo will take you to europe then does an immediate U-Turn and says everyone's expectations should simply be to avoid relegation as if it was not already. It also very clear that he is leaching off Enzo to keep himself relevant.

However, I do struggle to understand why so many people have become frustrated having listened to the podcast. Overall, I found the podcast very intriguing. Guillem gave us insight of crucial moments of the season, which personally as a fan I find very interesting as it helps you understand the manager's management style. He is also giving us clear communication on behalf of Enzo, which as fans we have been crying out for and personally I am all here for it. 

I know that then leads to people making comparisons to Brendan Rodgers, because Enzo is dictating what the club requires but for me I don't think the two situations are comparable. Brendan's sole interests were those of his own. He wanted to be able to employ his buddies knowing full well they weren't necessary up for the job, Congerton being one prime example. He then threw his toys out of the pram because he had no transfer budget and ultimately got us relegated with a top 10 squad. The difference for me is basing off what Guillem has said, Enzo is not asking for people to be fired, he is not asking the club for complete control, he is simply advising that the people at the top need to start pulling their weight (Something we have been stating for years). He is also suggesting that the club employee more people higher up to ensure the club is ran properly and does not find itself again in the mess that we was/are in. Again, as a fan that is music to my ears that someone is challenging them.

Finally, if Guillem is not just talking waffle, it seems that if Enzo stays this year, he is not looking to use the club as a stepping stone, he wants to be here long term and build a club which bit by bit can be where we was and deserved to be. For me, that's everything you should want to hear from your manager and something we have been lacking for so long. Enzo it seems is attempting to build something that not only benefits himself but the club for many, many years. Hence the meeting with the board as he wants to know if they are serious or not. I think people need to relax and appreciate that at least to me, we someone in charge who truly seems like he cares about our clubs future.

Sidenote - If Top does rebuild the board room staff, it will be interesting to see how he does. As far as we are concerned he has never built his own board room before, at KP he walked into ownership of a very established and successful team and I would imagine he kept things in place and as we know he has made no changes at Leicester.

Felt the same way about the podcast. 

On the one hand it's pretty decent to get "access" to the manager via a close associate. 

On the other, it's clear Balague is a toe-curl-inducing grifter. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Is this an educated assumption, heard something or just a complete guess? 

He already does that job as well!

Edited by moore_94

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He already does that job as well!

I suppose they could redefine his role to specifically focus on the academy and nothing else, too be fair perhaps some of Maresca’s observations relate to Rudkin fulfilling too many roles and that it needs carving up 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I suppose they could redefine his role to specifically focus on the academy and nothing else, too be fair perhaps some of Maresca’s observations relate to Rudkin fulfilling too many roles and that it needs carving up 

I'd promote him to a position where he just takes credit and let's people that are actually talented work in these roles.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd promote him to a position where he just takes credit and let's people that are actually talented work in these roles.

Not sure my boss will give his job up so easily tbh

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Is this an educated assumption, heard something or just a complete guess? 

Neither...it's a remark heavily laden with irony.