Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime stuff and Manga if you want :)

Was listening to some songs from classic Anime and some not  so classic.

Tokyo Ghoul is something of a sketchy anime, starts well and after season one goes a bit AWOL but the sound track is awesome.

Always loved ,'On my own'

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Another anime that kinda did not play up to it's full potential and the story did not click until the final few episodes but it was visually stunning and had a superb OST, especially Bios, of which there are multiple versions.

The hero ended up blind and missing an arm, the heroine died but they destroyed the virus and freed their country.

Edited by ithuriel

Posted (edited)

Never really watched any anime until the last couple years, but really enjoy some the feature length stuff I've seen knocking about on Netflix.

Have since seen live-action TV and Movies optioned from other source material, where I think that I'd be more interested if they'd decided to animate them. The Wheel of Time was one, which funnily enough was preceded by some animated teasers which looked pretty awesome.

Heading down to London next weekend to watch the Spirited Away theatre production. Really looking forward to it.

Edited by samlcfc

Still one of the best anime series out there to this day and the first opening theme by Yui is fine.

Found a nice AMV with the first opening, major spoilers in it though but if you've not watched it, they'll probably fly over your head.

This is FMA  Brotherhood though, not the first anime which was just FMA.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mashle opening 2 is a proper banger as well

Just watched Mashle, really enjoyed it. Recommend Mushoku Tensei if you havent seen. Also Solo Levelling. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

Have a fair collection of series and movies, have a number of the Ghibli movies of which my faves are Howls moving castle, Laputa castle in the Sky, Princess mononoke  and When Marnie was there.

and for those that get kinda lost about the story, a video that helps to explain the story.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Two of the craziest anime series I've watched, actually batshit crazy is a better term, was Gurren Lagann  and its little sister Kill la kill.

One was about a young boy who lives underground in one of many colonies, hiding from the beastmen and his journey that literally shakes the heavens and the other is about a girl looking for her fathers killer and a living school uniform that bonds with her, Iron Man style but leaves her looking like a lady of easy virtue, ahem...

Kill la kill...the Darth Vader of kill la kill, Nui...

and....

Edited by ithuriel

On 15/05/2024 at 19:16, samlcfc said:

Never really watched any anime until the last couple years, but really enjoy some the feature length stuff I've seen knocking about on Netflix.

Have since seen live-action TV and Movies optioned from other source material, where I think that I'd be more interested if they'd decided to animate them. The Wheel of Time was one, which funnily enough was preceded by some animated teasers which looked pretty awesome.

Heading down to London next weekend to watch the Spirited Away theatre production. Really looking forward to it.

Just seen the Spirited Away advertisement on Facebook, you'll have to come back and tell us how it went.

• Like 1

Two of my fave deconstruction anime

Evangelion and Madoka Magica.

One a mecha and one a magical girl, both absolute classics.

Asukas mental  collapse ....

Sayaka falling to despair....

On 18/05/2024 at 10:53, ithuriel said:

Just seen the Spirited Away advertisement on Facebook, you'll have to come back and tell us how it went.

Had a amazing time watching this on Friday evening.

Everything about it was absolutely brilliant. Fantastic acting,  set and puppetry.

The show ran for about 3 hours including the intermission and at no point did I find myself considering the time. Think I sat there with my mouth open in various stages of amazement and laughter for the most part. So much fun!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Psycho Pass, the first season at least was a  good cyberpunk Anime. 

A future utopian Japan, policed by the Cybil system  and it's enforcement officers armed with smart weapons that can read a persons emotional intent  so they can arrest criminals before they act.

From the start you get to see things are not what they should be as you follow a new recruit enforcing the law but it is ep.11 that really shows how messed up  this system is.

massive spoilers here btw.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gonna have to watch this again, there are a few really slow slow burn anime's  around that are bloody good in the second half of the series and Shi-ki is one of them, the sound track is beautiful too.

Basically it's a Japanese Salems Lott but the village does not go down without a fight, pretty much everyone loses.

Also SteinsGate and From the New World are really good slow burn anime's.

Another slow burn anime  Ergo Proxy........

Edited by ithuriel

Posted (edited)

Ergo Proxy, another of those really, really slow slow burn Anime's that was well worth the watch....two videos and their opinions on the show, the second blurts out spoilers straight away though.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Currently rewatching Shi-ki, think it is nearly impossible to get it on disc these days and I do not know if any channels stream it so kinda glad I bought it when I did.

Being similar to Salems Lott but also very different,  the big switch where things go fubar for everyone,  vamp and human, that's what helps make this Vampire story memorable.

Sunako explaining her rising to Tohru. 

and where the Doc figures out it might be vampirism...

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

An old anime, basically a shared universe with characters from various shows going on a cross universe/realm/parallel earths adventure.

A princess in trouble, an hero, a good witch, a wizard etc.,

The music was pretty good.

Tsubasa chronicles.

An English version of Synchronicity...

and...

another....

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

XXX Holic, a Clamp universe anime with the trans dimensional witch Yuuko and her apprentice Watanuki, both appear in the Tsubasa Chronicles.

Have this on Dvd too.

and a video on the history of Yuuko and Clow....

Magia, always liked this track since I first heard it in episode one of Madoka Magica.

Sung by Kalafina, now disbanded, they did a huge amount of musical tracks for many an anime show and movie.

The AMV blends in the 12 episode series and the follow on rebellion movie.

The series was  pretty amazing, a play on the magical girl anime but just like Evangelion with the Mecha anime, not everything was as it seemed. Started of thinking what the feck is this but there were a few scenes that snagged me, like the supposed dream sequence right at the beginning of ep.1 but by ep.6 I was hooked, had to see the next ep. to see what was going on and then ep.10 went full circle to ep.1 before the big final two episodes.

The Rebellion movie was a bit of a cash in and played on the God, fallen angel stuff, hence why I think they titled it Rebellion but it can be ignored since the series is not affected by it.

• Like 1