Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime stuff and Manga if you want :)

One of my very fave animes Darker than Black, starring Chinese electric Batman lol in a world turned upside down when two strange areas pop up on the planet, creating super powered people called contractors and dolls.

The supes were normal peeps but suddenly they gained powers, lost their emotions and had to pay a price for using their powers, like eat a banana etc.,

Family ties were severed and a lot of them were snagged into working for shady organisations, governments etc., whilst others became nothing more than dolls, almost catatonic mediums, capable of using an element to like water or glass depending on the doll to spy for their masters.

The lead character was actually different though, not actually being a contractor but having powers and working for a small group whilst looking for his missing sister.

Basically this was X-men meets Bourne Identity/James Bond.

It had 2 seasons and 4 episodes inbetween the seasons, a third season just never happened  unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

Not often you get someone who reacts who knows nothing about this anime,  he did figure out the cute cat like familiar is an evil fecker.

Reactions to the first 6 episodes and ep.12 .

Edited by ithuriel

Some more older anime shows, one season shows only.

Tokyo ESP 

Basically an anime style X-men type show, not mutants but ESPers, great OST and in the same universe as the superior Ga Rei Zero.

Ga Rei Zero...from 2009

A prequel show to the manga that lead to the writer altering the manga, basically sisters who fight supernatural creatures until one becomes possessed.

Beyond the boundary.....this was followed by a movie, love the twist towards the end of the series.

The  series OST had fairy tail vibes, a demon slayer outcast who has weaponised blood and an outcast demon.

This video is from the movie.

Posted (edited)

Another couple of classic anime from 2010/11.

Fate/Zero from the writer of Madoka Magica, with Lisa, long before she sang Gurenge for Demon Slayer, performing the first opening and SteinsGate, a slow  slightly comedic but at times very dark time tampering anime with a great OST.

Edited by ithuriel

Posted (edited)

They've been slowly teasing this follow on movie to Rebellion for a couple years now, I know it took Evangelions final movie nearly a decade to appear but this cant be too far off now hopefully.

Also, it should be interesting where this goes now, since Homura completely broke down and in an act of love stole Madokas God  like power to reconstruct the universe  for her own ends,  for what she wants for Madoka usurping Madokas wish.

Slightly extended trailer....

Edited by ithuriel

I need something new to watch. Would love some recommendations, (im very new to the anime scene, only really started watching stuff 3 years ago) shows ive watched so far

Yu-Gi-Oh - loved it as a kid but never finished it so decided to watch it through. Still love it. The Battle City Arc with the Egyptian God Cards will never get boring to watch

One Piece - Started to watch it but the sheer volume of episodes to catch up on put me off. I hear there is a new version to be released soon which is condensed. Ill give this a watch when released

Dragon Ball - Only watched DB Super, tournament of power was amazing. Ive played Kakarot on PS5 to get an idea of previous arcs (Cell, Kid Buu etc)

Fate Zero - Watched Season 1, got bored in season 2. 

Parasyte - A good 1 season Anime

Neo Genesis Evangelion - Watching this on Netflix currently - Only about 6 episodes in but decent enough. 

Full Metal Alchemist - Was the first proper anime show i watched about 3 years ago. Brilliant

One Punch Man - Loved the simplicity of it. Animation was great

7 Deadly Sins - Started off well but fell off a cliff after they changed studios, a real shame, Escanor was a beast

My Hero Academia - Hit and Miss, Deku is a badass then turns back into a little bitch way too often

Demon Slayer - Roll on the final Movie Arc Trilogy

Black Clover - Bring on the next season

Jujutsu Kaisen - Really cant get into this, just do not rate it at all. I keep going back to it to try and enjoy it but i find it dull

Kaiju #8 - Just finished the first season, decent enough 

Attack on Titan - Just incredible story telling and character development

Hunter X Hunter - My favourite to date. Still listen to the intro song on a daily basis. Chimera Ant Arc is absolute peak

Manga i have never read and dont really have any intention to at the moment

I just want to find an anime that i can start and not want to stop watching. Hunter X Hunter i couldn't put down. I hear Death Note is good 

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I need something new to watch. Would love some recommendations, (im very new to the anime scene, only really started watching stuff 3 years ago) shows ive watched so far

Yu-Gi-Oh - loved it as a kid but never finished it so decided to watch it through. Still love it. The Battle City Arc with the Egyptian God Cards will never get boring to watch

One Piece - Started to watch it but the sheer volume of episodes to catch up on put me off. I hear there is a new version to be released soon which is condensed. Ill give this a watch when released

Dragon Ball - Only watched DB Super, tournament of power was amazing. Ive played Kakarot on PS5 to get an idea of previous arcs (Cell, Kid Buu etc)

Neo Genesis Evangelion - Watching this on Netflix currently - Only about 6 episodes in but decent enough. 

Full Metal Alchemist - Was the first proper anime show i watched about 3 years ago. Brilliant

7 Deadly Sins - Started off well but fell off a cliff after they changed studios, a real shame, Escanor was a beast

My Hero Academia - Hit and Miss, Deku is a badass then turns back into a little bitch way too often

Jujutsu Kaisen - Really cant get into this, just do not rate it at all. I keep going back to it to try and enjoy it but i find it dull

Hunter X Hunter - My favourite to date. Still listen to the intro song on a daily basis. Chimera Ant Arc is absolute peak

I just want to find an anime that i can start and not want to stop watching. Hunter X Hunter i couldn't put down. I hear Death Note is good 

DeathNote is pretty good, they did two live action movies too, with a different ending and a Netflix live action series I've never seen.

• Thanks 1

Recommendations for kingCarr:

If you liked Hunter x Hunter, might be worth checking out Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files, it's an old Shounen action series and was written by the same guy who did Hunter X Hunter. Also on Netflix.

Also, stick with Evangelion - it hasn't even begun to show its cards at episode 6, there is a lot more to come in that. All time classic and one of my favourites.

Cyberpunk Edgerunners is a superb sci fi cyberpunk action show. Only 10 episodes long, and also on Netflix.

Chainsaw Man could be a shout as well, based on your list of show you've enjoyed.

• Thanks 1

I will certainly stick with Evangelion then.

I've just recently played Cyberpunk on PS5 and really enjoyed it so will look into that.

Thanks for the other recommendations, i look forward to the next post in this chat, none of my friends watch anime so have nobody to discuss it with lol

• Like 1

Another Madoka reaction video, this will always be one of my fave anime shows, great art, tightly written, awesome OSTs and if you have no knowledge of the show, so many twists.

19 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Code Geass was a decent anime, had a good ending for the original series.

Kinda like this AMV of the show.

I remember you posting that AMV a good 10 years ago in another thread, inspired me to watch the show :)

On 08/08/2024 at 17:44, ithuriel said:

This sounds interesting, never heard of this show.

Frieren is one of the best anime I've seen in years, highly recommend. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not a bad orchestral compilation of Madoka OST's including Decretum, Sayakas theme and Credens Justitiam, Mamis theme.

and one of my fave tracks from

and my fave SteinsGate track...

Edited by ithuriel

Posted (edited)

Mawaru Penguindrum, from the guy who brought you Revolutionary Girl Utena, absolutely batshit crazy and fun.

The survival strategy moments took me by surprise when initially watching and the song is kinda hard to find since it often gets removed but there is a fan version, sung by a number of fans :ph34r: which has the energy of the series me thinks.

Did find this compilation of survival strategy moments from the show....

Edited by ithuriel

On 09/08/2024 at 14:30, kingcarr21 said:

Shield hero and overlord are two good places to start and both on netflix. 

Solo levelling on crunchyroll also a very good watch 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Shield hero and overlord are two good places to start and both on netflix. 

Solo levelling on crunchyroll also a very good watch 

Ive been looking at Solo Levelling but end up going back to old Yu Gi Oh episodes lol. I will get round to watching it