Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime stuff and Manga if you want :)

Posted (edited)

Death Parade,   got this on disc too,  a nice little show about  arbiters who decide on the fates of those souls sent to them to be judged, the void or another chance at life, the final couple of episodes were quite emotive.

erm....well..........hmm........

Chiyuki's story certainly hit hard.

Edited by ithuriel

21 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Started assassination classroom, only a few eps in but pretty enjoyable so far

Strangely I've heard of it, seen clips etc., but have yet to get around to watching it.

Posted (edited)

Dusk maiden of Amnesia is a bit of a strange anime, another short show that is a light hearted ghostly comedic episodic pass the time thing until ep.7 then it goes very dark.

Requiem, the song from the final episode....

Edited by ithuriel

Posted (edited)

This anime was so bad that apparently when it was sold to America they were allowed to dub it anyway they wanted, so they just did, funniest official dubbing ever

Edited by ithuriel

On 09/08/2024 at 20:01, ithuriel said:

Elfen Lied,....messed up in so many ways but also with some laugh out load moments and a surprisingly bitter sweet open ending.

Funny enough Elfen Lied was the 1st anime i ever watched and is still one of my favourites. 

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Gutted! My anime site has stopped :( aniwave.to 

Anyone have any good recomendations? 

Did they lose their license or just shut up shop?

Most of the anime I have is on disc from a decade plus of collecting, also watch a few shows on Youtube.

Kinda miss the anime conventions that used to take place annually in Leicester before Covid at Leicester university during the summer. though I think their website is still around as they do conventions elsewhere. AnimeLeague I think it is called.

Was interesting as one year they had the female head of a high ranking Japanese house there helping to raise funds for the Earthquake that hit that year, she was dressed in full kimono etc.,  and held a class talking about cultural differences between Japan, the USA and the UK plus she taught those present a few sentences in Japanese.

• Thanks 1

Higurashi, an old anime series, strangely cutesy animation for a very dark show, a curse, madness, time looping, torture and death.

Nice themes though...

and an English version of the second theme

• 2 weeks later...