Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

No reason he won't come good next season, he will either thrive or not, it's a gamble but a gamble we should be looking at given we are fishing in a different pond and need to stay up and goals are what will keep us up

?

well the fact he’s never played in the prem before AND he’s had only one good season in the championship is plenty reason why he might not come good next season. 

gving someone time to settle in whilst playing in the championship is a whole new deal to trying to get someone to settle in  whilst in the prem.

besides, we will be fighting relegation before the first whistle so we can’t afford the time to let someone settle in. We need them to be contributing from the first minute.

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

?

well the fact he’s never played in the prem before AND he’s had only one good season in the championship is plenty reason why he might not come good next season. 

gving someone time to settle in whilst playing in the championship is a whole new deal to trying to get someone to settle in  whilst in the prem.

besides, we will be fighting relegation before the first whistle so we can’t afford the time to let someone settle in. We need them to be contributing from the first minute.

I'd rather have Szmodics starting than Daka put it that way, and if we did get relegated he may have another good season

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'd rather have Szmodics starting than Daka put it that way, and if we did get relegated he may have another good season

He's had one good year, the way you're describing him is as if he's been hitting these numbers his entire career

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

So would I if I'm honest.

Daka is just not true Premiership quality IMO,  and whilst Szmodics is not a Haaland his all round game is better then Daka's. His first touch is better, his link up play too.  Szmodics' goals seem to be crafted whilst Daka's seem lucky so to speak. 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Funnily enough Daka's championship stats are better, a goal every 156 minutes compared to 226, yet Daka is the worse player?

Szmodics played almost every minute

33 goals in 52 games is not a fluke

Edited by whoareyaaa

26 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It rarely if ever happens like that. Plenty have players have smashed the EPL and made a mess of the PL. The issue with him is the price, Blackburn want a lot of money for him, and he just isn’t worth the risk. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It rarely if ever happens like that. Plenty have players have smashed the EPL and made a mess of the PL. The issue with him is the price, Blackburn want a lot of money for him, and he just isn’t worth the risk. 

Who else are we going to sign that's the worry

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Szmodics played almost every minute

33 goals in 52 games is not a fluke

In a very shit team that nearly went down.

It's like Pliskin says though, Blackburn will want a lot of money for him.  Fans complain that we're buying players up with no resale value and then advocate paying a large sum for a guy pushing 30 with a solitary season of scoring goals at Champ level. If we signed him and he flops, the same people will vilify the club for overspending on a player they can't shift.

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

It's like Pliskin says though, Blackburn will want a lot of money for him.  Fans complain that we're buying players up with no resale value and then advocate paying a large sum for a guy pushing 30 with a solitary season of scoring goals at Champ level. If we signed him and he flops, the same people will vilify the club for overspending on a player they can't shift.

It’s the issue. Fans would be raging if we spent £25m on Asprilla, and he’s a much better investment than Sammie, it’s just far too much of a risk and desperate. 

1. his too old and has no resale value 

2. his stats are all from one season

3. no PL experience. 

Just not a good investment in my opinion, but because we’re Leicester we will spunk £20m on him because we like wasting money. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s the issue. Fans would be raging if we spent £25m on Asprilla, and he’s a much better investment than Sammie, it’s just far too much of a risk and desperate. 

1. his too old and has no resale value 

2. his stats are all from one season

3. no PL experience. 

Just not a good investment in my opinion, but because we’re Leicester we will spunk £20m on him because we like wasting money. 

4. there is a chance he will improve our starting 11

5. has English football experience League 2, 1 and Championship 

6. could be in his prime

7. if we got relegated..

Edited by whoareyaaa

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

6. could be in his prime

You’ll never convince me he is a good signing 😂 I would happily hand over a tenner to you if we signed him, and he scored enough goals to keep us up. He simply won’t, if we spend £15m + on him, I’d be ****ing livid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

6. could be in his prime

7. if we got relegated..

Good points if they're offset by a reasonable value.  But they won't be. 

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I just think there has to be better out there to spend out money on..

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

I just think there has to be better out there to spend out money on..

You could be right, but would they come..

Also who you suggest offer better value for money?

You could also say the same of Szmodics... would he also want to come also.

34 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

You could be right, but would they come..

Also who you suggest offer better value for money?

You could also say the same of Szmodics... would he also want to come also.

im actually a little bit concerned the club may consider  Golding to be the player we need and no one else… I hope not  as that would amounts an admission we have already accepted relegation and are building only for the future..but for between 10-15 million we could probably get Jobe Bellingham from Sunderland, which is in the same price range as Sammie  and is 10 years younger.. but we may also end up going for a loan player who might fill a gap.. if we end up staying up then our options might open up a little bit more..

Edited by MPH

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

im actually a little bit concerned the club may consider  Golding to be the player we need and no one else… I hope not  as that would amounts an admission we have already accepted relegation and are building only for the future..but for between 10-15 million we could probably get Jobe Bellingham from Sunderland, which is in the same price range as Sammie  and is 10 years younger.. but we may also end up going for a loan player who might fill a gap.. if we end up staying up then our options might open up a little bit more..

Jobe would be a great signing, I just can’t see it happening.

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

They aren’t the only 2 strikers in the world…