Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

Leicester desperately need more goals in the side.Even if Szmodics got a third of last years tally that is 9 goals. Ipswich will complete this signing and not worry about resale and if Leicester don’t move on this I suspect he will do well with them. He is confident and we know that he is great if we end up back in Champioship. I doubt the fee will be much over £10 million plus add ons. Can play as striker or attacking midfielder.

Edited by Edingleyfox
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Whatever happened to this possibility of signing Szmodics thought we were really interested or was this just another bit of lazy journalism ?

There was never any credible link and way back when he first got linked to clubs apparently Blackburn put a 20m price tag on him. He'd be an awful signing at that. 

I personally doubt we're interested at all frankly and I don't think he'd be an amazing fit for the actual plan. 

That said, I think we'll spend a lot of time this year parking the bus and countering so maybe he'd be good. But again, not for that kind of fee. 

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Oooo a goal and an assist against a newly promoted league 1 side in their first game in the championship 

Ballon d'or? 

Gerrimin

16 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Why the weird anti Szmodics rubbish on here , would automatically be Leicester's best striker the second he stepped into king power 

People seem obsessed with his record before he was pushed further forward and will not look past his age.

19 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Why the weird anti Szmodics rubbish on here , would automatically be Leicester's best striker the second he stepped into king power 

Because there's probably better out there, younger and cheaper.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

People seem obsessed with his record before he was pushed further forward and will not look past his age.

It makes zero sense to sign him, unless he’s about £5m.

His age in an issue, there’s no resale value on him at all. 

His record is poor regardless as an attacking player he has had one decent season and is 28? Blackburn want £20m for him too, so he isn’t going anywhere unless they reduce that price. 

He has not proven anything to suggest that he will kick on from here. There has been many other players with more consistent records who haven’t produced in the premier league. I really don’t get the obsession with him…….. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It makes zero sense to sign him, unless he’s about £5m.

His age in an issue, there’s no resale value on him at all. 

His record is poor regardless as an attacking player he has had one decent season and is 28? Blackburn want £20m for him too, so he isn’t going anywhere unless they reduce that price. 

He has not proven anything to suggest that he will kick on from here. There has been many other players with more consistent records who haven’t produced in the premier league. I really don’t get the obsession with him…….. 

If we go down proven goalscorer

wages wont be high

15m should get it done

could keep us up

could improve first 11

scores 1 goal every 3 games

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I completely get people talking about Szmodics only doing it for one season and I’m neither against or for Szmodics in all fairness but his finishing last season was elite level. 

Watch his goals back, the majority are well placed quality finishes and he doesn’t require 3 chances to get one goal. 

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we go down proven goalscorer

wages wont be high

15m should get it done

could keep us up

could improve first 11

scores 1 goal every 3 games

Fifteen Million Quid..

PARDON?! 

Why are we still talking about a 28 year old who has had 1 good season and never kicked a ball in the Prem?!

I'd just like to remind people that we are the club that is NOTORIOUS for paying over the odds fees and wages for players that turn to utter s**t and then can't get rid of them. WHO ON EARTH is allowing us to recoup any of this 15mil for Sammie Szmodics when he scores 2 goals in the Premier League, we're relegated and can't afford the 60k we agreed to pay him over 4 years?

Shocking target. PLEASE close thread. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia