Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

7 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we go down proven goalscorer

wages wont be high

15m should get it done

could keep us up

could improve first 11

scores 1 goal every 3 games

One good season…… ONE!

This is Craig Mckail Smith MK II…

Blackburn want £20m for him. 

• Like 1

People going on about the age of this guy when we've just signed a 31 year old Fulham pensioner (who'll bring fvck all to the team) and are allegedly in the market for 31 year old Zaha, we've got a thread for 32 year old Ayew and our hope for any goals this season are pinned on an injured 37 year old Jamie Vardy.

Age clearly isn't an issue, at least this guys proven to find the net, but we'll be fine a week on Monday with Patson Daka up top.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

People going on about the age of this guy when we've just signed a 31 year old Fulham pensioner (who'll bring fvck all to the team) and are allegedly in the market for 31 year old Zaha, we've got a thread for 32 year old Ayew and our hope for any goals this season are pinned on an injured 37 year old Jamie Vardy.

Age clearly isn't an issue, at least this guys proven to find the net, but we'll be fine a week on Monday with Patson Daka up top.

Loans or free agents, so fail to see how it's comparable. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we go down proven goalscorer

wages wont be high

15m should get it done

could keep us up

could improve first 11

scores 1 goal every 3 games

15 mill!? 

wake up, he not worth that. Would be another waste of money. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Vardy first kicked a ball in the Premier League when he was 27. He’d also had one decent season in the Championship (in which he scored 11 goals less than Szmodics did last season). Some players develop later than others.

You talk as if every single signing needs to be made with a view to recouping the transfer fee, but that is clearly untrue - clubs pay big money for 28-year-olds all the time. Many players are just hitting their prime at that age. If you get 3-4 decent seasons out of them, you’ve recouped your investment in terms of results irrespective of whether you can sell them on.

Szmodics would significantly improve us in an area of the pitch that we desperately require improvement and £15m would be a decent price for him. However it sounds like he’ll be joining Ipswich instead. I suspect he’ll do well for them and score a lot of goals, possibly keeping them in the process. Meanwhile it looks like we’ll be starting the season with Patson Daka up front…

For the model we operate, pretty much every transfer does, or at least should at this point. I’m not sure if you’ve missed it, but there’s a fairly large elephant in the room at the moment with our club called PSR..? You know, looming points deductions etc.. 

We aren’t able to spend £15m on players with potentially far larger upsides than Szmodics, yet you think it’d be a good move to chuck it at someone who will probably walk out the building for free in 4 years? That’s before we’ve paid him a penny in wages. £25,000 a week would add another £5m to that fee (it’d probably be double that coming into the Prem).

Financially it makes zero sense to us.  I’m not saying he’s useless, he’s obviously in a purple patch and will take advantage of that. Fair play to him, I just hope we don’t spend that money here. 

And please, don’t ever, ever compare Jamie Vardy to Sammie Szmodics again.. 🐐

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

David Nugents top return in the prem was 6 goals, yet regularly hit double figures in the champ, Jordan Rhodes regularly hit 20+ but never scored a premier league goal. Szmodics has had 1 season where he’s hit double figures in the champ but has floated about league 1 and 2 before this. No one is doubting that he had a phenomenal season last year but pinning your hopes on 1 good season at champ level at age 28 is clearly a bit of a question mark, considering he’s never shown that form at levels miles below this one. Thinking he’d actually keep us up is a bit bizarre, surely you can see the issues with signing a 29 yo who’s had 1 good season at championship level? The players were linked with have at least played at prem level even if underwhelming 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

He ain't worth £10m+ but he will definitely get the tractor boys some goals this season

Well I don't see why we shouldn't be adding him.

10 goals in the premiership might be enough to keep Ipswich up.

Who getting our goals

He is unknown in PL and could bully a lot of defenders rather than  a limp Daka (sorry Daka) 😞 

It's a yes from me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

Well I don't see why we shouldn't be adding him.

10 goals in the premiership might be enough to keep Ipswich up.

Who getting our goals

He is unknown in PL and could bully a lot of defenders rather than  a limp Daka (sorry Daka) 😞 

It's a yes from me 

He wouldn’t get anywhere near 10 in the prem

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He wouldn’t get anywhere near 10 in the prem

Sometimes you've just got to get yourself in the right places and he seems to do that.

Who knows how he will truly do.

Perhaps some of it is desperation that people want to see anyone other than Daka up top.

Edited by adejo92

7 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

I’d be willing to bet you £500 that in his entire career he won’t get 10 prem goals, never mind this season 

I'll take half that bet if he signs for a prem team  thats £250  for 10 prem goals

till he retires.On the assumption  he signs for a Premier league team this year.

Any winnings to charity..If he signs and fails I will cough up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He will keep them up 

9m fee as well bargain 

We are stupid to have not gone for this. Surely there’s time for us to jump in with a 12m bid😂

Not a single person here would mention Szmodics if he’d had one of his normal seasons last season. Last season was such an outlier, yet some people waffle on about him like he’s a Kane-esque metronomic goal machine. He’s only got over 15 goals in a season once before last season. It’s not like the guy is Dixie Dean. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s ****ing rubbish. Drop it.

Absolute horse p*ss.

Hes better than Daka. Period.

Cannon will be loaned out. 

Vardy is almost 38 and his last season in the PL he was about as effective as a French infantry division. 

9m + whatever bonuses is worth it and let’s face it as much as we all would like to see both Zaha AND Fotis THEY AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

Szmodics fills a huge void and has 3 peak years left. 

Get off your high horses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1