Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

Not a single person here would mention Szmodics if he’d had one of his normal seasons last season. Last season was such an outlier, yet some people waffle on about him like he’s a Kane-esque metronomic goal machine. He’s only got over 15 goals in a season once before last season. It’s not like the guy is Dixie Dean. 

Nope. Behave, no one is comparing him to Kane. 

Hes better than what we’ve got. Simple. 

Sorry he doesn’t have ‘resale value’ or ‘didn’t do it prior to 23/24’.

First we aren’t in a position where we can be picky and secondly he moved from playing as a b2b midfielder/10 last year to a striker and look what happened…he got chances and he scored them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Nope. Behave, no one is comparing him to Kane. 

Hes better than what we’ve got. Simple. 

Sorry he doesn’t have ‘resale value’ or ‘didn’t do it prior to 23/24’.

First we aren’t in a position where we can be picky and secondly he moved from playing as a b2b midfielder/10 last year to a striker and look what happened…he got chances and he scored them. 

He’s a 1 season wonder.  He may well prove to be amazing over a number of seasons but at present we need players with a solid, consistent record of achievement in higher leagues. 

People waffling on about paying £10-12m for him seemingly have no comprehension of players beyond these shores. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Let’s see shall we, the same people who are claiming he’s shit or a one season wonder will be moaning about why we didn’t sign him come the end of the season when he helps to keep Ipswich up and we go down!  I’m not Looking forward to the upcoming week of waiting for us to get some damn players in. We can only work on one signing at a time so god knows how we are going to manage to sign the thee or four players we so obviously need! 

Edited by wignalll2007

30 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Absolute horse p*ss.

Hes better than Daka. Period.

Cannon will be loaned out. 

Vardy is almost 38 and his last season in the PL he was about as effective as a French infantry division. 

9m + whatever bonuses is worth it and let’s face it as much as we all would like to see both Zaha AND Fotis THEY AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

Szmodics fills a huge void and has 3 peak years left. 

Get off your high horses. 

more chance than us spending 9mil+ on szmodics, dont get me wrong i like him, but cant see us going for him,

as for Zaha and Fotis.....wouldnt shock me if we did get them both. 

People keep comparing him to strikers we have when he plays behind a striker.

Not sure how he'll do in the Prem. His last season looked like an absolute freak when you see his longer term trends, for some reason he just got into lots of good scoring positions and converted well. Whether that was a team set up well for him at last or him changing something himself, who knows.

Must admit, it's not one I feel sad about us missing out on.

30 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

He’s a 1 season wonder.  He may well prove to be amazing over a number of seasons but at present we need players with a solid, consistent record of achievement in higher leagues. 

People waffling on about paying £10-12m for him seemingly have no comprehension of players beyond these shores. 

No comprehension of players beyond these shores? More hyperbole.

I was one of very few on here highlighting players like Gronbeak, Liztes…even Sesko 2-3 years ago.

10-12million for him would be good business as he improves our 11. 

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Absolute horse p*ss.

Hes better than Daka. Period.

Cannon will be loaned out. 

Vardy is almost 38 and his last season in the PL he was about as effective as a French infantry division. 

9m + whatever bonuses is worth it and let’s face it as much as we all would like to see both Zaha AND Fotis THEY AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

Szmodics fills a huge void and has 3 peak years left. 

Get off your high horses. 

Gather his data throughout his career, and prove me wrong. 

Edited by Pliskin

3 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Firmly believe that our current 3 strikers are all better than Szmodics, and none of them are good enough to start week in, week out in the Premier League either

No the ain't don't be ridiculous 

1 minute ago, em9999 said:

No the ain't don't be ridiculous 

Why is it ridiculous to suggest that Jamie Vardy, Patson Daka and Tom Cannon are better than Sammie Szmodics? Szmodics doesn't improve our team, he's not good enough. He had an amazing season last season and scored some fantastic goals, but he's not good enough to keep us in the Premier League

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maresca keen to land marksman after winning Championship Golden Boot

I am starting to think that you can actually will his transfer into existence!

• Haha 1

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

Against Stockport 

Regardless he was the leading scorer by a stretch in the championship last season.

He knows where the back of the net is.

Which none of our strikers do atm.

Bar Vardy who is broken for 6 months