Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

7 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

And in our experience the players making the step up or so called unknown players are the ones who seem to do better.

Are they? You mean players you don’t know about so haven’t made a judgement on? 

Edited by wignalll2007
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

He’s not just anyone though Is he, he’s a player who is banging in goals left right and centre. Something that we desperately need! 

In a struggling team, that finished 19th and scored 60 goals he bagged 27.

What would he have got in a top team scoring 90 plus goals?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

He’s not just anyone though Is he, he’s a player who is banging in goals left right and centre. Something that we desperately need! 

In a lower league.

Look at it like this if he had played for us last season and banged in 27 goals. How much more confident would you be feeling about next season. Would you say we desperately need a striker? I doubt it! 

Edited by wignalll2007
  • Like 2

I think iys worth noting that most if the attacking players we are being linked to have a decent physical presence. I don't imagine that's coincidence. Probably explains why we've not had any solid links to this Borrower!

6 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

We were linked with him at one time or another. Granted nothing lately 🤣

Givemesport in May, a hot exclusive apparently. The old ‘Leicester are preparing a bid’ and £20m according to their sources and not something they made up for clicks. 

With no follow up link from any reputable source, yes I’d have him here and we’re desperate for someone who can score but the club haven’t been actually linked to this player. 

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

World class form??

Behave yourself 😂😂

Well I did say world class FORM not world class opponents or that he's a world class player I'm not dense. But 34 goals in 48 games is pretty good going in anyone's books at any level. The thing is someone with similar stats, like Gyokeres for example is considered brilliant. The championship is better than most European leagues and is a eamn good standard. I'm just going with my instinct I think he's got what it takes.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

In a lower league.

People think Mavididi and Fatawu will be good enough despite never playing in the prem and having less impressive seasons than Smodzics.

22 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

People think Mavididi and Fatawu will be good enough despite never playing in the prem and having less impressive seasons than Smodzics.

Well we won that division without his help, so maybe we don't need him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well we won that division without his help, so maybe we don't need him. 

Really? You don’t think we need a striker - you will be one of a small number that think this squad will be competitive 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Really? You don’t think we need a striker - you will be one of a small number that think this squad will be competitive 

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We are about to start the season with Mav up front lol this could have been done weeks ago.

The argument was he was good enough because he scored a lot in the championship.  We won the championship  so we must be good enough. Just using the same logic.

Just now, Webbo said:

The argument was he was good enough because he scored a lot in the championship.  We won the championship  so we must be good enough. Just using the same logic.

But we have lost our manager, back room staff and KDH