Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

Posted (edited)

A couple of seasons ago Adam Armstrong scored more goals than Szmodics has in this. And he's shit at Premier League level. Just because SS has done well for 1 year at Champ level doesn't mean he's going to reproduce that at the elite level. And at that money, at his age, the thought of signing him should be a fart in the wind.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

31 goals in a season from the attacking midfield position is outstanding.

I do think he could play well as a number 9 in our system

1 season, never before regardless of level. Huge no.

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

31 goals in a season from the attacking midfield position is outstanding.

I do think he could play well as a number 9 in our system

20 in 28 central attacking midfielder starting, but how many times did the tactics revert to him playing a more advanced role?

6 in 12 as a CF

• Thanks 1

Looks like he’s on about £15k/week. 

We can double / triple that easily without it being an issue for us. 

If we could get him for around £10m (he’s worth about £5m on average according to various sources), surely that’s a no brainer for both him and Blackburn. Give them Cannon or Alves on loan too. 

Can’t see us offering £20m for him. Surely even Rudkin has learnt his lesson now. 

• Like 1

This way madness lies. 

Every time I wonder how Rudkin can be such a poor operator in the transfer market, I'm then reminded that loads of our fans are equally clueless. £20m for someone with one decent season. In the league below. We're looking down the back of the sofa for spare change to buy players and people think this would be a good idea? 

He reminds me of Craig Mackail-Smith.

We wanted him and he had a few good seasons but was largely average. 

If we pay £20m for him, we have learnt nothing. 

• Like 1

Just to put his goals into context, so it’s not masked by what you saw last year.

117 Championship games, 38 goals.

195 League One / Two games, 54 goals. 

He’s not a forward and for £20,000,000, I’d rather we hunt elsewhere for someone that can provide upscale value. 

• Like 3

Absolutely not. 29, only one good season to his name, unless it’s for peanuts I’m not interested. Would be a completely stupid signing for £20m……. It’s rarely ever worked before when this kind of risk is taken. 

1 minute ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I like the look of him. People saying about his age? We have a 37 year old who still bangs them in.

But that 37 year old is of the best in premier league history. This lad has had one decent season……. It’s a none starter and hopefully a load of rubbish. This would be a horrible signing. 

• Like 4