Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

16 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Daka was in Bournemouth on Monday. Probably just enjoying a spot of volleyball on Sandbanks Beach...:whistle:

Isn't volleyball the one where the ball is up in the air? Oh dear.

In fairness though, I think you have to get the ball over the net and not in it, could be the way forward for him?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MPH said:

that’s a tough call to make, to say he’s a HUGE improvement on Daka. Daka scored goals in the Austrian league and Scmodics has scored in the champ - never played in the prem.

id at least like to sign someone who has some top flight experience, personally.

Daka has top flight experience.....and it haunts him to this day

• Haha 2

Really not keen on this one, given his age and the suggested price. Would hope we can be more creative than just going for the bloke who scored most Championship goals last season. Evidence from our recruitment last summer suggests there will be other younger and less obvious targets.

• Like 1

So many saying not keen cuz of his age many people brainwashed into thinking early 20’s is a must. Remember vardy he was around 27 when we got him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What exactly is a szmodics? He wears number 8 indicating a box to box midfielder and isn't leading the line but I've seen many clips of him scoring goals through running onto through balls and being the most advanced player - what is his role exactly? Striker or Am?

16 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

So many saying not keen cuz of his age many people brainwashed into thinking early 20’s is a must. Remember vardy he was around 27 when we got him 

Wasn't he 25? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

Hardly brainwashed.

1. There's usually less chance of making a profit or at least getting your money back by the time they've done 3+ years with you.

2. By 29 most professional footballers have 15 years+ of wear and tear on their legs. The ones that don't look after themselves and prioritise football at this point tend to start a decline around this age. 

Of course he could be a fantastic signing but you can't deny there's a lot more risk when paying a good chunk of money for a 29 year old?

• Like 2

He is far too expensive for what we would be getting, we can get cheaper and better with more potential and resale value elsewhere.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

HE WAS 25!

SS is 29 in September, 15m + would be insane business.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

One good season in the 2nd tier...29 soon.

If there is genuinely interest in us signing this lad we've learned nothing and we're going down with a thud.

If the player has a point to prove it’s a good thing I think this is the case with Szmodics.

Macauley Langstaff would be another , and very much in the Jamie Vardy mould if we sign these two would be great business.

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

One good season in the 2nd tier...29 soon.

If there is genuinely interest in us signing this lad we've learned nothing and we're going down with a thud.

Good point. Perez had one good year out of 4 in the Premiership and what an expensive total waste of space he turned out to be!

37 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If the player has a point to prove it’s a good thing I think this is the case with Szmodics.

Macauley Langstaff would be another , and very much in the Jamie Vardy mould if we sign these two would be great business.

Langstaff? We are not in league one.

Nothing about this deal makes sense at all… it doesn’t fit our criteria of signings in any way, he’s 29 in September with a 1 stellar season, unproven at PL level…. I’d be flabbergasted if we pursued this at all…. Even at £10m I wouldn’t be keen 

19 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Nothing about this deal makes sense at all… it doesn’t fit our criteria of signings in any way, he’s 29 in September with a 1 stellar season, unproven at PL level…. I’d be flabbergasted if we pursued this at all…. Even at £10m I wouldn’t be keen 

8q985q.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

I'd rather sign someone with a future at the top level with a point to prove.

5 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Not sure why Blackburn would consider selling him for so little amount of money. If they can persuade the player to stay they'll be better keeping. 

They would bite anyone's hand off for that much. His stock will never be higher.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

Edit: beaten to it again

Edited by Foxmeister