Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

There's been so many players over the years who have had one good championship season and never progressed. Ross Mccormack anyone?

If he was 22/23 then I'd want him but absolutely no way would anyone sensible be splashing out.

Like you say, there are boatloads who have had good seasons and hit good numbers but simply weren't good enough for the prem. Dare I mention Nicky Maynard. Or Craig Mackhail Smith. Or Jordan Rhodes. Just off the top of the head.

I don't think we should be going for Szmodics. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

He will go later in the window, I reckon he starts the season with Blackburn scores a few and someone takes a big money gamble.

He will end up somewhere like Leeds I think. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing he will go for perhaps £8-10 million late in the window. Looked good in the last game of the season but to be honest I would prefer Leicester to spend money on a quality midfielder like O'Riley and I doubt there will be anything left for another striker if that happens

• Like 1

I'd rather go for a younger attacking midfielder. Or one that has a bit of prem experience. This guy feels like an he's going to be half way down the list of options. 

He could be a very expensive backup. I'd rather let Alves and now Golding get the minutes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

I'm guessing he will go for perhaps £8-10 million late in the window. Looked good in the last game of the season but to be honest I would prefer Leicester to spend money on a quality midfielder like O'Riley and I doubt there will be anything left for another striker if that happens

I’d take him for 8m.

He would really suit us and where we are as a club.

He’s not only scored loads this past season, he’s clearly hungry and has shown great character - all good attributes for a side favourites to go down.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markko said:

He played well against us and for the money being mentioned it would be a yes from me. 10 million is nothing in this day and age!

Cool, can I have tenner please... 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, casablancas said:

25+ goals ain’t really luck brother

He's a journeyman footballer who had one purple patch season at 28.

In 11 seasons his managed double figures 4 times and 3 of those where at L1 and L2 level.

5 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Just got a question for those against this due to money, one season wonder, etc etc…

Daka or Szmodics?

I know who I’d pick. Framed that way makes it a little more interesting and takes the financial aspect out of it. If we sold Daka for £8-12 and then bought this lad for the same, our front line would look better.

Daka by an absolute mile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Just got a question for those against this due to money, one season wonder, etc etc…

Daka or Szmodics?

I know who I’d pick. Framed that way makes it a little more interesting and takes the financial aspect out of it. If we sold Daka for £8-12 and then bought this lad for the same, our front line would look better.

Who's paying that for Daka? Especially if he's on 80 plus a week