Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich

He’s a good striker, has all the attributes you’d be looking for in a modern attacker. But he too old for a club like us to pay that kind of money for. Not worth the risk and will have no re-sale value, and in a footballing climate where your balance sheet is almost as important as your squad then I’d be disappointed if we were genuinely in for him.

If he’d have done what he did last season but 5 years younger than it’s a different story

• Like 3

On 10/07/2024 at 11:15, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’d take him if Blackburn would accept 4-5m plus Cannon on loan. 

You should take Rudkins job with wheeler dealing like that 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2024 at 16:38, HankMarvin said:

4/5 to go ipswich 

I'll wait to see the fee before coming to a verdict on this, that said, they're recruiting fairly well the Tractor Boys!

I know he is 28 but he can play attacking midfield or centre forward and looked  a handful in the last game of the season with great reviews throughout the year. If he bagged 8 or 9 goals that could be enough and I'm not worried about resale value. I would be put off if Blackburn stuck to the £15-20 million valuation however.

On 14/05/2024 at 20:11, Finnegan said:

Genuinely can't believe people would pay 10-20m for a 29 year old with one good season. **** sakes, you're all the people that wanted us to pay £30m for Troy Deeney.

We don't even play a 10.

We got Hermansen, Mavididi and Winks for less than the price of Szmodics. Fatawu is going to cost us less than Szmodics probably will.

Do you want us to go straight back down? I mean, I'd have him for his actual market value - ~£5m. But beyond that? Get ****ed.

Sticking to my original stance that under 10m is an absolute steal and would be a very good player for us this season.

Let’s see what happens late in the window. Can’t see anyone paying 20m or even close.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Sticking to my original stance that under 10m is an absolute steal and would be a very good player for us this season.

Let’s see what happens late in the window. Can’t see anyone paying 20m or even close.

Anything under 10m is a steal I agree, goals are what keeps teams up and this man proved last season he knows where the net is, even if we got 2 or 3 seasons out of him as no doubt Vardy will be off next year. and he is pretty much like for like

I think Blackburn would be tempted by a fee in the range of 6-9m plus a loan of Daka/Cannon. 

Hes flexible too and fits both attacking positions in the 3-4-1-2/ 3-4-2-1’s 

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I think Blackburn would be tempted by a fee in the range of 6-9m plus a loan of Daka/Cannon. 

That would be a genuinely dreadful deal for us 

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

10m + add ons if he plays a certain amount of games over 3 seasons

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Explain 

He’s 28, he’s only had one good season statistically to date, and that’s at championship level.

Signings like this have rarely come to any good. He would be making a huge jump to the EPL, and he would have no time to adapt and be successful, and before you know, he’s back on loan to the championship. 

If Blackburn would be willing to accept £5m then he’s worth a go, but they want £20m, which is completely hideous for a player with such little success throughout his career. He’s not had a sustained period of good statistics to warrant a gamble of any more than £5m on him. 

He will more than likely end up at Leeds, they like wasting money. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

In what world would Blackburn be loaning Daka? Hes probably on 80k a week. They dont have a pot to piss in

Edited by South Shire Fox