Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

Got a funny feeling we will do OK.

Cooper has been here before, he's managed to keep a very poor Forest squad up.

I think we have a decent squad that just needs a few quality additions.

I also feel a few unexpected teams are going to struggled.

• Like 2

We know we are better than Southampton and Ipswich, although being honest I haven’t looked at all at their transfer dealings. 
Forest, Brentford, Everton are the targets for us to go after. It’s really hard to say at the minute, especially not knowing about the points deductions we will face, and the deductions others around us will face.

Squad wise, I think we’re a striker and a creative midfielder short of having a squad able to compete at mid table level. Can/will Alves be involved and step up?

Can Vardy stay available and in form for 25+ games? 
Back line, keeper, full backs and dms look good enough to compete at the midtable level.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Somehow we have a worse team and manager than in the Championship. 

Playing in the Championship under a rookie yet exciting manager in Enzo appeared to have more of a lure than the PL exposure and a more experienced but less exciting manager it seems.

That or all of the players scouted under Enzo have been scrapped?

I sound like a broken record but we should be raiding the Championship and throwing our weight around in that pool rather than this apparent desperation for PL experienced one.

On that basis, I can’t see this season ending well 😢

- Relegation 

- A couple of 6/7 -0 hammerings 

- Signing at least 4 more 30+ players (age not goals)

- Feeling sorry for Steve Cooper as he’s trying his best

- Club to start charging us to breathe and the fan groups to fully support them on it 

Start on negative points. Take a long time to then reach zero and eventually finish in bottom 3 whilst fans pay much inflated ticket prices. 

Cooper will not be in charge at the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We know we are better than Southampton and Ipswich, although being honest I haven’t looked at all at their transfer dealings. 
Forest, Brentford, Everton are the targets for us to go after. It’s really hard to say at the minute, especially not knowing about the points deductions we will face, and the deductions others around us will face.

Squad wise, I think we’re a striker and a creative midfielder short of having a squad able to compete at mid table level. Can/will Alves be involved and step up?

Can Vardy stay available and in form for 25+ games? 
Back line, keeper, full backs and dms look good enough to compete at the midtable level.

We are weaker than both of them, we have a manager who is not better than Enzo, an aging striker and a weaker midfield because KDH has left. 

And no signs of any incomings…

• Like 2

I’m beyond depressed at the thought of this season. 

It will be a car crash and the only poor sod who will suffer will be the manager, who will be replaced. Despite having both hands tied behind his back by a recruitment team that aren’t fit for purpose. The sheer level of contempt with which the club treat fans will reach boiling point despite them pulling out all the stops and offering us Yum Yums and Chang beer. 

Things will get so bad that even the cool ‘typical Foxes Talk overreactions’ crew will get on board the dissent train. 

Our contract hope of an improvement is Jordan Ayew. What merry hell is this? 

We will stay up, everyone will write us off straight away, which is fine because we perform best under the cosh, Cooper has already delivered safety with one car crash of a club. 

Plus I think it’s highly likely Everton’s luck runs out this season, with Administration potentially a real issue, and I think Forest are likely to be hit again with a further points deductions.

In short I think we will slip under the radar and survive, it won’t be pretty, likely stressful, but I like the look of that forest game towards the end of the season, that could be the decider.  

I think the same three down as came up again.

We were barely better than Ipswich last season, they have made some good signings and have the desire and ambition to do well. However I think they will come up short.

I think Southampton will reallt

struggle with Martin and we had their number last season twice. 

I think we slot in 19th with Southampton bottom. Unless we get a significant point deduction in which case bottom. I reckon us and Southampton like Burnley and Sheffield Utd, never really in the conversation to survive and Ipswich a bit like Luton, make a fist of it but ultimately a step too far.

The usual dross to survive like Everton and Forest.

I'm not sure Ipswich have improved as much as some people are making out. They've shored up the defence a bit. That's all. Delap is shit and Omari is a player they already had on loan last season so he's not improving them. Johnson, Muric and Greaves look solid additions, but nothing spectacular.

Saints look a bit healthier. Diaz is a decent signing and the return of Onuachu after a good scoring season in Turkey is a boost.  However the latter never scored when last in the PL and couldn't force his way into the starting 11 despite only having absolute pish in front of him.  The defensive additions are pretty much all untested at the level.

However from our end, the fact our squad is currently weaker than the one that got promoted is a major concern.  1 signing could put it on par (assuming we dismiss the change of manager) but it will take a few shrewd signings for us to look to have made any significant improvements.

So I'd expect us to be in the mix for relegation.  Which is fine.  In the mix is better than down by Christmas!  We were in the mix for the majority of 2014/15.