Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We know we are better than Southampton and Ipswich, although being honest I haven’t looked at all at their transfer dealings. 
Forest, Brentford, Everton are the targets for us to go after. It’s really hard to say at the minute, especially not knowing about the points deductions we will face, and the deductions others around us will face.

Squad wise, I think we’re a striker and a creative midfielder short of having a squad able to compete at mid table level. Can/will Alves be involved and step up?

Can Vardy stay available and in form for 25+ games? 
Back line, keeper, full backs and dms look good enough to compete at the midtable level.

I like your optimism, but think Ipswich and Southampton have done some good business on top of the fact most of them know their roles and system very well, whereas we’ve lost our engine room and manager. It will take a while for some getting use to our new set up and their roles.

The back line is basically going to be the same one that got us relegated last time around so not sure why you’re confident it’s ’mid-table’ level. Goes without saying the keeper’s better, but he was also brought in to play a specific system for a manager who has departed.

Our DMs should be mid-table yes. Hopefully Wilf’s Prem form last time out was a blip and he gets back to his best. I’m worried Cooper’s going to try and get him to take on at least some of the KDH role though in a way he’s not suited to.

At the moment we’re relying on a nearly 38-year-old striker or hope Daka comes good. Otherwise all the pressure to break teams down is on the exciting and talented, but also understandably inconsistent, young wide players, neither of whom have played in the Prem before.

Hope I’m wrong,‘but there seems to be a lot that needs to come together. If we start well and get on a roll that will go along way to keeping us up come May. If not, well we know what we’ve been like when we’ve got stuck in a rut. Evan Maresca seemingly struggled to stop that, but hopefully Cooper can.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

Cannot see past a comfortable relegation at this stage, especially with points deductions thrown in. Goalkeeper (if fit) is fine but all other areas look light and no guarantees we will strengthen enough to boost the squad. We are too close to relying on players who should have gone long ago.

The team will work hard, the manager will be honest and give his all but we are probably going to need north of 42 points and that is a huge task.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We will stay up, everyone will write us off straight away, which is fine because we perform best under the cosh, Cooper has already delivered safety with one car crash of a club. 

Plus I think it’s highly likely Everton’s luck runs out this season, with Administration potentially a real issue, and I think Forest are likely to be hit again with a further points deductions.

In short I think we will slip under the radar and survive, it won’t be pretty, likely stressful, but I like the look of that forest game towards the end of the season, that could be the decider.  

Right, I'm choosing to go with this one.

Fingers in ears, BLABLABLAcanthearyou

Given KP have driven me away from the club and left me loathing almost everything about KPFC, I hope everything crashes and burns. The sooner they’re gone from Leicester the better.

• Like 1

Far too many negative posters on here have more faith in the team, yes we have a few points deduction coming our way but pre season doesn’t really give a proper outlook on how the squad will play it’s about match time & fitness let’s just wait and see when the season starts !

But I’d like us and hope To Stay in the EPL maybe make a decent cup run unless it interferes with PL safety, but if Cooper gets together a few more decent signings then even with a few points deducted there are a few clubs that will do worse than us in the league such as Wolves Southampton Everton Ipswich & Florist, but I don’t care if we finish 17th and survive but I have this feeling we will finish around 10th-12th and some of our stars from last season Mavididi Fatawu Winks stepping up and a few of the others also surprising us with decent performances!

COYF 🦊

Edited by justfoxes

As of right now I think we might go down, but that’s based on the fact we have this potential deduction looming and still don’t know how much it is, and the fact we’ve had a pretty poor window. 
If we have £30m to splash on a player like Soule, then that suggests we must be atleast able to spend £50m or so, with that we need a minimum of 3 permanent signings + a few loans. 

If we can sign a few half decent players though I would likely change my prediction to scraping survival. 

I try to be fairly optimistic but it’s hard to see anything other than relegation at this stage. Weighing up the positives and negatives:

Positives:

- Good goalkeeper

- Reasonable depth in full back positions 

- 2 solid options in defensive midfield 

- Fatawu and Mavididi should get get goals and assists

- A manager with experience of a successful relegation scrap 

Negatives

- Our centre halves are either old and slow (Coady, Vesty), young and untested (Okoli, Nelson) or hotheaded and annoying (Faes)

- We have no creativity or goals in midfield

- Our best striker will be 38 this season 

- We’re going to get a points deduction 

I think we’ll be better defensively than in 22-23 but ultimately struggle to score enough goals. 

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

If we don't get relegated next season it will be up there with our greatest achievements.

If we get relegated only because of the points deduction it'll be a great achievement.

• Like 1

If I’m honest. I expect the bloke behind me to continually mix up fatawu and mavididi when telling how sh1t they are. The concessions staff still to serve 3/4s of a pint when asked for a half. This forum to divide over cooper in / out. Rudkin to be declared a genius, demon, mastermind and incompetent within the same week. 

Vardy in, vardy out. 

Wellens - knee