Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

Rock bottom for me to, depending on the points deduction of course. But even from zero points I think getting to 40 points is a huge ask with this team.

At this moment in time if I was to call it, I’d say we finish bottom, somewhere between 20 and 30 points 

• Like 1

I think there will be a pretty toxic atmosphere from early season as price increases, card tax and a non competitive and  unattractive to watch side make it clear how the extent of mismanagement on and off the pitch have absolutely gutted the prospect of much to look forward to for the foreseeable future 

And the pessimistic part of me thinks ……. 

• Like 3

Cannon/Daka must step up, as Vardy can't carry the team on again.

Think will be around 11th-15th if luck is onside and not a too severe points deduction.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

Luton and Burnley nearly stayed up last season.  The bottom 6 or so teams are not Real Madrid.

Itt’ll be tough but I think we have enough to be defensively solid.  Goals could be a problem but let’s see if we strengthen by the close of the window.

at the very least if we do go down, the player contracts are likely to be much better shape.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Can't see how we can stay up. Nailed on for 20th.

Stop being so negative!

With a bit of luck and a few more signings we could easily finish 19th!

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Luton and Burnley nearly stayed up last season.  The bottom 6 or so teams are not Real Madrid.

Itt’ll be tough but I think we have enough to be defensively solid.  Goals could be a problem but let’s see if we strengthen by the close of the window.

at the very least if we do go down, the player contracts are likely to be much better shape.   

They didn't (in normal circumstances, anyway) . Luton were six points away, Burnley 8 points and that was due to 17th receiving a four point deduction.

We are likely to need 7-8 more points than three other teams. They might not be Real Madrid but neither are we.

• Like 1

I think the most we can hope for is a plucky Luton-style campaign where we give it a go but inevitably fall short in terms of quality. Unless we add some real quality in the next 2 weeks, there is zero chance that we will stay up, especially given the impending points deduction. 

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Fans will get pissed off quickly. The majority won’t be able to muster up any heat towards our board but instead will be by proxy go to Cooper.

This is why they appointed him. He will be easy to dump and deflect the blame onto. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

This is why they appointed him. He will be easy to dump and deflect the blame onto. 

Why couldn’t we appoint someone decent , is Cooper the best option we could have gone for? I know re our pending points deduction, but we could have thrown the money to someone more decent than Cooper imo.