Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

People are saying about Luton and Burnley, I think the optimistic comparison has got to be wolves last season right? 

Either that, but I’m scared we’re going to be looking at Derby’s record

I think people are under estimating how poor Derby was, we have a number of PL standard players.

Sheff U were honking and still beat it.

• Like 1

We’ll lose comfortably to Tottenham and it will be just downhill from there. First win like last time won’t be until forest then we’ll immediately be hit with a points deduction. 

Cooper sacked November time and to be replaced by someone even worse. 

Relegated by March. 

Apart from that im fairly optimistic 

• Haha 2

I can't see us getting more than a 40 point season (ignoring any deduction) and then hoping that's enough to stay up. 

There is a group of pretty poor teams though. We don't necessarily have to be that good to stay up.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I can't see us getting more than a 40 point season (ignoring any deduction) and then hoping that's enough to stay up. 

There is a group of pretty poor teams though. We don't necessarily have to be that good to stay up.

But probably at least 12 points better than them.

what I find funny is people saying things like, don’t worry it’s just preseason…. while our competitors are looking like this (see video)

We look miles off what the opposition will be and most other clubs are missing key players…. we are missing a 37 year old striker. You’d be naive not to realise how god damn awful this season is shaping up to be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to score first game of the season, or even have a shot on target and build up from there.

Blunt pre-season performances are nothing to write home about. Just shows what we need to buy before Tottenham and pray that the points deduction is anything below 12.

Going to be a long, tough season, absolutely no question. Needs to be a mass protest against the board but the fanbase lacks the backbone to go through with it.

46 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Just to score first game of the season, or even have a shot on target and build up from there.

Blunt pre-season performances are nothing to write home about. Just shows what we need to buy before Tottenham and pray that the points deduction is anything below 12.

Going to be a long, tough season, absolutely no question. Needs to be a mass protest against the board but the fanbase lacks the backbone to go through with it.

Hoping for a throw in, in their half, maybe. Don't want to over expect.

• Haha 1

The expectation has to be a pathetic relegation, because it neatly ties up the 3 year story of the last relegation - a club so badly run, that when faced with the prospect of an FFP points deduction, was so scared of that and the possible ramifications (coud have lead to a relegation battle the following season) that to avoid that outcome, they instead embarked on a course of action that resulted in

1) Failing to replace Schmeichel

2) Refusing to sack Rodgers because it was too expensive

3) Sacking Rodgers anyway, but leaving it far too late

4) Failing to replace Rodgers and leaving things under a hapless set of caretaker managers to fritter away a couple more games

5) Getting Relegated anyway

6) Still failing PSR anyway and getting a future points deduction

So the natural conclusion would be to get the points deduction, and get relegated. Because nothing says mismanagement like desperately trying to avoid a points deduction and a possible relegation, and being so incompetent that you end up with the points deduction and 2 relegations instead.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think people are under estimating how poor Derby was, we have a number of PL standard players.

Sheff U were honking and still beat it.

We could have De Bruyne, Haaland and prime Ronaldinho, but your still getting relegated with the rest of the team made up of the likes of Victor Kristiansen, Wout Faes, Janik Vestergaard, Patson Daka.

Even the ones who we consider our 'better' players like Ndidi & Mavididi have a huge tendency to be dire in as many games as they are good.

Let's not under estimate how bad a squad we actually have, not forgetting the likes of Soumare & Luke Thomas still sit comfortably within it.

Edited by adejo92

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

We could have De Bruyne, Haaland and prime Ronaldinho, but your still getting relegated with the rest of the team made up of the likes of Victor Kristiansen, Wout Faes, Janik Vestergaard, Patson Daka.

Even the ones who we consider our 'better' players like Ndidi & Mavididi have a huge tendency to be dire in as many games as they are good.

Let's not under estimate how bad a squad we actually have, not forgetting the likes of Soumare & Luke Thomas still sit comfortably within it.

So you think we aren't going to bet Derby record then? 

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I genuinely wonder if the club is planning for relegation this time, after the fiasco last time.

The Corporate Business Plan goes way beyond the team and players; don't spend much now and hope Cooper can rebuild in the Championship despite possible transfer ban.  Unlike Enzo, Cooper looks the type to keep his mouth shut, perhaps that's why they selected him, or maybe this is the deal. Then in two years, after relegation season in PL and then another lacklustre in EPL, all legal issues and bans are cleared, club and Cooper can start rebuild again. If the owners can allow Rudkin to pursue such a strategy, and keep his job, just shows to me that they are trying to avoid putting their own cash in, unless it's in hard assets such as property and hotels etc which can appreciate, as opposed to players.

Then the owners sell the lot, club, hotels, property,  if we are back in PL in 3 years. How old is Rudkin? Retirement and golden handshake at that point, maybe that's his deal. This of course completely ignores the fans, so is consistent with the corporate approach. If Cooper accidentally keeps us up, watch out for further planning applications that increase the net worth of the club, rather than the team.

It's certainly a plan for the business.

24 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I genuinely wonder if the club is planning for relegation this time, after the fiasco last time.

The Corporate Business Plan goes way beyond the team and players; don't spend much now and hope Cooper can rebuild in the Championship despite possible transfer ban.  Unlike Enzo, Cooper looks the type to keep his mouth shut, perhaps that's why they selected him, or maybe this is the deal. Then in two years, after relegation season in PL and then another lacklustre in EPL, all legal issues and bans are cleared, club and Cooper can start rebuild again. If the owners can allow Rudkin to pursue such a strategy, and keep his job, just shows to me that they are trying to avoid putting their own cash in, unless it's in hard assets such as property and hotels etc which can appreciate, as opposed to players.

Then the owners sell the lot, club, hotels, property,  if we are back in PL in 3 years. How old is Rudkin? Retirement and golden handshake at that point, maybe that's his deal. This of course completely ignores the fans, so is consistent with the corporate approach. If Cooper accidentally keeps us up, watch out for further planning applications that increase the net worth of the club, rather than the team.

It's certainly a plan for the business.

Cooper won't be kept for a championship campaign. If we are relegated and we don't sack Cooper, it's as good as the board admitting that the fault is on them. Do our board seem like the types to accept responsibility? 

• Like 1

Expecting relegation anything else would amaze me .. 

Just going be extremely careful how much of this I'm gonna expose my son to , I don't want him to be emotionally scarred from the impending disaster 

27 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Expecting relegation anything else would amaze me .. 

Just going be extremely careful how much of this I'm gonna expose my son to , I don't want him to be emotionally scarred from the impending disaster 

Well said.

my lad went to his first few games at the end of the season before we got relegated. He got the bug, absolutely loved it, Madders was his favourite player after he saw him score a free kick, begged me to get him a season ticket.

I fought really hard to get him a season ticket - I had a an empty single seat next to me which is often empty which helped my case.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have a battle getting him to games now because his first season as a season ticket holder was so bad, says he hates football.

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Just been watching the FA Cup final highlights. To see what quality we had in the squad almost breaks my heart compared to where we are now.

We’ll have our time again.

Only 3 years ago as well which is nothing really

Edited by MattFox