Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm actually starting to get abit worried about this season now, I was fairly positive and optimistic when Cooper was appointed but with the lack of transfer activity and the pre season application & results - I'm fearing the worst!

There seems to be abit of negative shadow hanging over us at the minute, not sure if that's the points deduction, change of manager/staff... Or have the club just accepted relegation? 

Edited by LFEFox23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LFEFox23 said:

There seems to be abit of negative shadow hanging over us at the minute, not sure if that's the points deduction, change of manager/staff... Or have the club just accepted relegation? 

Agreed, there is an air of negativity hanging over the club and that can only be as a result of a lack of leadership from the very top of the club.

This would simply never have been allowed to happen in Vichai's days and is a reflection of Top's obvious lack of ability and management experience. Rather, the club appears to be regarded just as a promotional tool for the King Power business - pushed to the forefront with Top leading the charge when things are going well and ignored with Top keeping well out of sight in more challenging times.

6 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

Agreed, there is an air of negativity hanging over the club and that can only be as a result of a lack of leadership from the very top of the club.

This would simply never have been allowed to happen in Vichai's days and is a reflection of Top's obvious lack of ability and management experience. Rather, the club appears to be regarded just as a promotional tool for the King Power business - pushed to the forefront with Top leading the charge when things are going well and ignored with Top keeping well out of sight in more challenging times.

Its always been a promotional tool for King Power.

I think we have this weird vision that because Vichai is no longer with us, he would have done something differently. I am not so sure.

The rot set in the year after the League Title really, terrible signings, changes of manger etc etc. Puel started to turn us around, then Rodgers got a bit lucky for a while with some of the players Puel brought in. Rodgers and Connergton were a disaster, brought in a lot of expensive players who weren't actually that good.

Its still the same people running the club that Vichai had, a lot of the issues now are about complying with FFP. 

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

Right now I'm worried about the embarrassment of the lowest points total record..... 

Don't be, KP are masters at causing embarrassment, hit a  particularly high with the entourage stealing the players thunder on the Championship Parade through the City.

32 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

I'm still waiting for the updates on the below........ :ph34r:

''Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point. What we learn from this experience must convert into action that makes us stronger and prevents this happening to us again in the future.''

Right now on the 5th of August 2024, I would be shocked if it's not the relegation. There'll be no coming back first time of asking next season unless they're willing to risk the clubs entire financial future on a coin flip.

We've just about finished up wasting the very last of Pearson/Walsh and Puel/Macia's work.

Cooper and Glover seemingly don't even have the opportunity to do any work. You'd have to have to be firmly detached from reality if you give us a chance of staying up with how things stand. 

With us struggling to create much against fairly weak opposition, we could be in genuine danger of troubling Derby's record as well.

If Cooper keeps us up he has greatly exceeded expectations.

I'm usually pretty optimistic. However, something just feels wrong at the minute.

- PSR hanging over us

- Lack of signings

- Enzo gone 

- Club seeming losing the "family" aspect and losing touch with the fans.

- Lack of Comms about things. Games, Injuries, Stadmiun etc...

- Lost arguably our best player.

My negative head is saying that will go down and with little fight.

My gut says still 2 weeks to go before that start, 2/3 new players could make a world of difference and we could have a bit of a siege mentalilty.

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People are pretty confident that Ipswich and Southampton are going to be better then us. 

Would love to have you boys in the trenches, come WW 3

They won't have points deductions and I think all three will go anyway.