Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

20th. 

The best Cooper could do is get some wins which give the fans some pride. Or things such as dragging down Forest or another with us in those May fixtures. 

Out of interest do you think the Forest side he keep up were better equipped the us? 

Admittedly I've not watched us kick a ball in pre season, but if we try and play like last year AND we don't make at least 3 signings, we'll get a Sheffield United from last year amount of points.

However, play on the counter attack & get a few more bodies in and I think we can be competitive in a mini league with the other two promoted clubs, Forest, Wolves, Brentford & Everton. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Out of interest do you think the Forest side he keep up were better equipped the us? 

On a very basic level, they had a striker and a no 10 which caused issues. You could see one of ours taking Johnson’s role but they had more going forward than we do currently 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

On a very basic level, they had a striker and a no 10 which caused issues. You could see one of ours taking Johnson’s role but they had more going forward than we do currently 

I think we have more in the defence side from a PL standard.

But I agree they nick it on attacking side but can all change we some decent signings.

Football fan sentiment often swings to extremes, either overly optimistic or, in line with English football fan culture, more likely overly pessimistic. This isn't unique to Foxes Talk; you'll find the same on any club's forum.

However, this time around, with a squad (and manager) weaker than the one we had in the second tier, no playmaker, and no consistent forwards, things do genuinely look bleak for us.

I take a different approach: with nothing much to lose, the lads might just surprise us.

Edited by FoxTimmy2

17 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Great question. I think he'll do similar with us if he has a good start. The issue is the points deduction. He wouldn't have kept that Forest team up with -6.

I'll be more than happy for him to stay if we put the same shift in as they did that season because I think our squad is better. 

If that isn't quite enough but he creates a siege mentality and gets us all on side I'd give him the chance to bring us back up. 

• Like 1

Undoubtedly, it is going to be a very tough season; however, are we going to be any worse than the year we came down, even with a 4-6 point deduction?

Whilst we had far more able players in Madison, Barnes, Tielemans etc, there was a huge question mark over their application and efforts over the season. Coupled with Ward, Amartey, Thomas and Soumare playing most weeks, surely we are in a slightly better position than then. We also don't have a manager in charge with the hump and imo, playing for a pay-off.

Faes was probably our key centre back that year, we would have loved to have Coady and to have signed a young and keen centre back. Yes, it'll be tough but bring in a No.10 and/or a striker and we're well in the mix.

I predict we'll keep our heads above water and float around 13th-17th place 

My expectations are so low that I can’t fail to be mildly impressed, maybe. Expecting to lose heavily to pretty much every established side with the current squad. So few goals in our team, the defence is nothing to write home about, and the midfield borderline non existent. 

20-30 points before the inevitable deduction wouldn’t be bad with this squad as it stands. 

I’ve never been less arsed about a season in my life. I couldn’t be arsed with the championship as it’s such a crap league but this season even less. 

We have a worse team than when we came up, a manager who will try hard but get nowhere and I’d expect at least 5 games when we get hit for 4+

Could easily be in League One in 2 seasons.

Up the City

I honestly think the team and Cooper will give it a good go, and had a points deduction not been looming, we could have just about stayed up.

The points deduction will play its part, and will be what sends us back to the Championship.

However it could well be what keeps us going, with all the issues, I'll be more than happy just to survive this season.

We're going to have to really go for it to stay up. Keeping it tight and cagey won't win us enough points, Cooper isn't the manager to do that and we don't have the squad to do it either.

For most clubs I'd say they'd be blitzing the last few weeks of the window but this is Leicester and Rudkin were talking about. 13 enquiries, 10 low ball offers, 4 personal terms agreed but no sale, 3 desperate loans and 1 relegation.

7 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Is the sun out every day in your world ?!

We won the championship fairly comfortably with a fair amount of players who have played at the top end of the prem in the past. 

People are shitting themselves because we lost 1 player and haven't won a couple of pre season games

If my prediction bites me later in the season then so be it but I think our squad is comfortably strong enough to stay up. Its stronger than any of the three that went down last season and better than the 2 that came up with us