Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations on where we finish next season?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations on where we will finish next season?

• European places
    • Top 10
    • 11th - 17th
    • Relegated

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We won the championship fairly comfortably with a fair amount of players who have played at the top end of the prem in the past. 

People are shitting themselves because we lost 1 player and haven't won a couple of pre season games

If my prediction bites me later in the season then so be it but I think our squad is comfortably strong enough to stay up. Its stronger than any of the three that went down last season and better than the 2 that came up with us

This is going to age like a fish in a ventilation unit.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We won the championship fairly comfortably with a fair amount of players who have played at the top end of the prem in the past. 

People are shitting themselves because we lost 1 player and haven't won a couple of pre season games

If my prediction bites me later in the season then so be it but I think our squad is comfortably strong enough to stay up. Its stronger than any of the three that went down last season and better than the 2 that came up with us

I think people are shitting themselves because we have barely any creativity left in the team. If we went down with the likes of Maddison, KDH and Barnes, how the he'll are we going to survive,  especially when the Prem seems to evolve every year.

Throw in 8 point deduction, we're stuffed.

Hope you're right fella, glass half full and all that. 

20 hours ago, RYM said:

I’ve never been less arsed about a season in my life. I couldn’t be arsed with the championship as it’s such a crap league but this season even less. 

We have a worse team than when we came up, a manager who will try hard but get nowhere and I’d expect at least 5 games when we get hit for 4+

Could easily be in League One in 2 seasons.

Up the City

My sentiments exactly except Down the City

I don’t think my expectations or excitement level could be any lower. 

I’m not going to get on Steve Cooper or the player’s backs. A lot of those who contributed to getting us in the state were in  are long gone.

I do wonder at what point this season it’s going to get to the point I just won’t want to make the effort to go down and see us get another thumping. 

• Like 1

I’m trying to separate the playing and the non playing side of the club. I do think a fully fit XI will compete in most games this season, but ultimately the squad as it stands won’t have enough. We’ll be on the end of quite a few galling narrow defeats in the games that really count, where the opposition is clinical and we aren’t. 

If it weren’t for a points deduction I think we’d probably have enough to scrape the high 30’s / low 40’s and just about get over the line, but with a deduction, I just don’t see us being able to claw our way to safety 

Hit a point where I think I'd take the relegation providing we don't break any records. My opinion on us somehow falls even further each time I see us. I've no idea how much lower I see it going.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hit a point where I think I'd take the relegation providing we don't break any records. My opinion on us somehow falls even further each time I see us. I've no idea how much lower I see it going.

I’ve just watched the highlights. We’ve got worse with every pre-season game under Cooper. There is zero passion in this squad at the moment.

• Like 1

It’d take an extremely optimistic and probably blue tinted person to see us staying up as it is. I don’t think it’s negative to full expect an embarrassing and painful season.

But, the short term future for this season may be grim. But the medium term doesn’t have to be. The more I think about it, spending to try and stay up doesn’t seem like a great plan as even a couple of £20mill signings won’t suddenly make us better than 3 other sides.

Part of me wonders whether a more sustainable plan to help us be stronger in coming seasons could be to try and loan as many of the following to the Championship and get them experienced ready for next season.

Stolarcycz

Alves

Braybrooke

Nelson
Golding

Cannon

And there is McAteer and Wanya.

If we assume Mads would leave, Jakub could be ready to step up. In terms of outfield, you have half a side, and spine, albeit young, ready to go. If you manage to keep Fatawu and Mavididi, and have some experience in the remaining positions. We could have a really exciting season and be building for the future whilst getting the financial situation under control.

Obviously getting them all the right moves would be work in itself (although Mr Huth seems quite competent) and of course the risk any of them swap places with us and get pinched next summer…

• Like 2

If everyone seems to be predicting relegation, then we should try to not lose our sh*t when it happens. 

I think we should give it our best shot with an eye to prepping for promotion next year, but I think that our position with a looming points deduction, imbalanced squad, lacking creativity and spending restrictions means that we likely wouldn't survive with Cooper, maresca or anyone else.   We should, therefore back the team and the manager regardless and acknowledge the position we find ourselves in.  

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’d take an extremely optimistic and probably blue tinted person to see us staying up as it is. I don’t think it’s negative to full expect an embarrassing and painful season.

But, the short term future for this season may be grim. But the medium term doesn’t have to be. The more I think about it, spending to try and stay up doesn’t seem like a great plan as even a couple of £20mill signings won’t suddenly make us better than 3 other sides.

Part of me wonders whether a more sustainable plan to help us be stronger in coming seasons could be to try and loan as many of the following to the Championship and get them experienced ready for next season.

Stolarcycz

Alves

Braybrooke

Nelson
Golding

Cannon

If we assume Mads would leave, Jakub could be ready to step up. In terms of outfield, you have half a side, and spine, albeit young, ready to go. If you manage to keep Fatawu and Mavididi, and have some experience in the remaining positions. We could have a really exciting season and be building for the future whilst getting the financial situation under control.

Obviously getting them all the right moves would be work in itself (although Mr Huth seems quite competent) and of course the risk any of them swap places with us and get pinched next summer…

The signings dont need to be 20million.

A decade ago we would find some unearthed gems and buy them for a million each.

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Stolarcycz

Alves

Braybrooke

Nelson
Golding

Cannon

I was speaking about this the other day.  If we do go down and we have those players coming though, our Championship season should be exciting.

Winks, Mads, Abdul, Mavi, Ndiddi probably our most saleable players.  Vardy, Iverson, Ward possibly Soumane out of contract.