Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Jamie Vardy was my computer password but now I'm scoring alongside him

21 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

When I was 13 my City hero was Tony Cottee. Feeling old suddenly.

When i was a kid i dreamed that instead of signing for Everton, my family and i raised the money for Gary Lineker to come and live with us instead.

kathy-bates-misery1.jpg?w=240&ssl=1

I remember , in my dream, talking to him whilst eating my cornflakes and i told him that i was taught in school that Woodlouse were  a type of isopod and he seemed very impressed that i knew that.

• Haha 4

Around that age, it would’ve been that loveable rogue Frank Sinclair and his cheeky own goals. 

Keller, in all honesty. First kit I ever got was that absolute all time classic keeper kit - the green patterned Fox Leisure number. Mint. 

On 15/05/2024 at 20:59, 1972 Fox said:

:fishing: I'll bite. Carey was Irish and almost as slow as Vestergaard!

On 15/05/2024 at 22:14, teblin said:

Slower I think.

Carey was that slow that if you dig around in the wasteland that was formerly the Filbert Street pitch you will likely find his fossilised remains.

3 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

Steve Walsh 

Paul Ramsey 

Ali Mauchlen 

Paul Reid.

I vividly remember singing "you'll never walk again" to the tune of you'll never walk alone, after tackles by walshy and mauchlen.  Tough....be red carded every week in the modern game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MPH said:

When i was a kid i dreamed that instead of signing for Everton, my family and i raised the money for Gary Lineker to come and live with us instead.

kathy-bates-misery1.jpg?w=240&ssl=1

I remember , in my dream, talking to him whilst eating my cornflakes and i told him that i was taught in school that Woodlouse were  a type of isopod and he seemed very impressed that i knew that.

Must have been around 1984 and Mum came home from shopping.

She'd been to Fenwicks and as she walked in, a polite young man held the door open for her. She realized it Was Gary Lineker so she thanked him and said her son was a big fan.

Apparently I asked her in all seriousness why she didn't invite him home for tea :D

I was heartbroken when he left for Everton and must admit I 'flirted' a bit with the toffees for a season as a 12 year old. They were a great team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Must have been around 1984 and Mum came home from shopping.

She'd been to Fenwicks and as she walked in, a polite young man held the door open for her. She realized it Was Gary Lineker so she thanked him and said her son was a big fan.

Apparently I asked her in all seriousness why she didn't invite him home for tea :D

I was heartbroken when he left for Everton and must admit I 'flirted' a bit with the toffees for a season as a 12 year old. They were a great team.

Me too.half of me wanted Everton to do badly, the other half wanted them to win everything so ‘ our Gary’ could get all the plaudits..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

I vividly remember singing "you'll never walk again" to the tune of you'll never walk alone, after tackles by walshy and mauchlen.  Tough....be red carded every week in the modern game

I particularly remember a well timed tackle in a play off final, ball, man, everything. Was it Hopkins? Whoever it was wasn't very dangerous after that 🤣.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I particularly remember a well timed tackle in a play off final, ball, man, everything. Was it Hopkins? Whoever it was wasn't very dangerous after that 🤣.

I think it was Hopkins. His scream was audible above the wembley crowd ! 

• Like 1