Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Fifa to explore impact of moving domestic matches abroad

23 hours ago, pkonline said:

When was the last time FIFA actually came up with a good decision?!

😂 Backpass rule only one that stands out.  It's only been 30 odd years since then, give them a chance 

With clubs that have an international fan base there fans abroad would be able to watch their team but it would just be more unwanted expense for homegrown fans wanting to watch their team. Its a totally unnecessary fixture that's just so clubs can generate more cash. Its not about anything else other than generating more ££££££ for greedy football clubs.

• Like 2

If it is our home game that is moved, I don't see how we benefit. If it is against a large club our fans would be outnumbered hugely. Against a more mundane, smaller club are we going to match the guaranteed 29k we would usually get?

Just not workable for a club like ourselves.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

If it is our home game that is moved, I don't see how we benefit. If it is against a large club our fans would be outnumbered hugely. Against a more mundane, smaller club are we going to match the guaranteed 29k we would usually get?

I'd be amazed if they had any 'smaller' clubs playing each other abroad.  If there was a 'smaller' club then it would be against one of the 'big' clubs, and I'm certain financially it will be more lucrative to both clubs.

On 16/05/2024 at 18:14, Jattdogg said:

Top 6: We need Less games, more rest between games

Fifa: let's send you abroad

Top 6: We need Less games, more rest between games

Fifa: let's send you abroad

Me: 

IMG_6608.png

If it happens, the rules should be simple enough:

1.  Not a 39th game, just a normal 38 games. 

2.  All 20 teams to play a foreign game.

3.  14+ teams would have had to vote for it; so the teams that lose a home game will be among those 14.  That way the teams that lose a home game are the ones that wanted to.  Teams that vote against, won't be forced to lose a home game.

4.  Income to be shared equally around the league.

Of course, none of those conditions would be put in place, because those conditions are designed to promote fairness, and fairness isn't what the PL is about.

48 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’d be mad if I was a season ticket holder and one of my games I thought I had paid for got moved to overseas..

It will become the norm, future generations won't even give it a second thought, in fact i think they'll like it, getting to see Barcelona or PSG etc...

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

It will become the norm, future generations won't even give it a second thought, in fact i think they'll like it, getting to see Barcelona or PSG etc...

I suppose the potential for a great holiday to watch your team play abroad could be appealing. 

personally, I wish people would stop trying to fix things that are not broken..

On 16/05/2024 at 18:17, foxy boxing said:

With clubs that have an international fan base there fans abroad would be able to watch their team but it would just be more unwanted expense for homegrown fans wanting to watch their team. Its a totally unnecessary fixture that's just so clubs can generate more cash. Its not about anything else other than generating more ££££££ for greedy football clubs.

That's the thing, though. Great - some clubs have an international fanbase.

The clubs don't belong to them, though. They're community assets. It doesn't matter if someone in Botoga loves Man United. They're an English football club representing Manchester. The idea that the English football pyramid has to be uprooted to suit international fans is laughable.

If International fans want to watch live football then almost every single country has a football league they can go and watch. It doesn't NEED to be teams from England. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'd be amazed if they had any 'smaller' clubs playing each other abroad.  If there was a 'smaller' club then it would be against one of the 'big' clubs, and I'm certain financially it will be more lucrative to both clubs.

You would have at least four matches out of 10 involving non-Super League clubs if they aren't playing each other. Agreed, it wouldn't work but when has that been a consideration?

Be hilarious if we play a "home" game in a ground with terracing/ permitted standing, though, when our club refuses it.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

You would have at least four matches out of 10 involving non-Super League clubs if they aren't playing each other. Agreed, it wouldn't work but when has that been a consideration?

Be hilarious if we play a "home" game in a ground with terracing/ permitted standing, though, when our club refuses it.

Hadn't thought of that, who'd of thought you need to travel to the US to do that, you can drink in the stands too...even the yanks are ahead of us, depressing.

19 hours ago, Corky said:

Way more money tho. My ST works out at around £21 per match. They’ll be charging three figure $ for entry level tickets.

Plus new commercial markets for us. It’s workable for all 20 PL clubs.

I'm so close to giving it up over this kind of shit. 

This Newcastle vs Tottenham game is just an evidence gathering exercise. 

It's two teams close to the big six that would benefit from an international franchise model playing a 39th game in all but name. 

Attendance and income will be pointed at as a justification and these two will look at the future where they're 'in' with the international clubs.

It's happening without a proper fans voice. We're sleepwalking into it. 

Every cut made is a deeper one. Make no mistake - that wasn't a friendly. It was an experiment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be up for it, I went to los Angeles for psg and then to stockholm for the Barcelona game. Had a brilliant time. What's wrong with going away for a game in the states than say wolves away. 

• Haha 1