Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Fifa to explore impact of moving domestic matches abroad

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

That wouldnt be reasonable but no one expects you to

Poorly phrased by me. How do i support my team when they play an away day in the US? It's a ridiculous idea made worse by tourist fans thinking its great they once went to a game somewhere abroad.  Football is nothing without the fans support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Poorly phrased by me. How do i support my team when they play an away day in the US? It's a ridiculous idea made worse by tourist fans thinking its great they once went to a game somewhere abroad.  Football is nothing without the fans support.

It is a horrible idea. So clubs have fans abroad, so what. I don't live in Leicester but I don't expect the club to have say their league fixture with Newcastle in the London area.

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

It is a horrible idea. So clubs have fans abroad, so what. I don't live in Leicester but I don't expect the club to have say their league fixture with Newcastle in the London area.

How many PSG fans live in the LA region? Actual fans, and not ones who might have owned an Mbappé shirt. We are talking actual league games here - points that count towards your position in the PL. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

How many PSG fans live in the LA region? Actual fans, and not ones who might have owned an Mbappé shirt. We are talking actual league games here - points that count towards your position in the PL. 

Exactly. Tinkering around making a kind of Globetrotters nonsense of the game to rake in more dosh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Who the fxxk are FIFA?

Self regulated, self appointed owners of the peoples game. Fxxk off. You're not needed.

This is exactly it. Football is owned by the local Communities all around the world.

This is for no other eason but greed by the big Clubs.

It's time the Government appointed a regulator to stop all of this rubbish on behalf of all Fans.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Poorly phrased by me. How do i support my team when they play an away day in the US? It's a ridiculous idea made worse by tourist fans thinking it’s great they once went to a game somewhere abroad.  Football is nothing without the fans support.

They don’t care about you. And we’re gonna do nothing to stop them. ‘Football is nothing without fans’ is a tired cliche which we’ve done nothing to protect. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

This is exactly it. Football is owned by the local Communities all around the world.

This is for no other eason but greed by the big Clubs.

It's time the Government appointed a regulator to stop all of this rubbish on behalf of all Fans.

Hahaha and what are the regulator gonna go? Listen to fans? Just another pointless body to pay 

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I agree but it's not about local fans, it's about the Premier league wanting to squeeze as much money as possible.

I doubt many local fans would go to these games anyway.

The reason I oppose this is because the clue is in the title of OUR football club. It represents OUR city and county. It is not called Chicago Foxes or the Roma Raiders. If LCFC go along with this terrible idea and play abroad then this is a kick in the teeth for the clubs real fans. I would turn my back and never watch them again. As already stated in this thread it is the big six pushing their greedy agenda on the majority. The heart and soul of OUR club is Leicester and Leicestershire. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hahaha and what are the regulator gonna go? Listen to fans? Just another pointless body to pay 

Far from it. Firstly A Regulator should be paid for by the industry that squanders billions on a whim with little or no thought for the Fans.

Also many Millions are taken out of the Country with a real loss to the Econmy by many Owners who raid the Clubs they buy into, solely for that purpose. To strip Clubs of their Assets with no thought for the local Fans.

We need to stop Owners exploiting Clubs by ring fencing the Money within Clubs and Football.

In short Owners can put money into Clubs, but be stopped from taking any money out.

Fans play a big part within the game and Football , Which I doubt would survive for long without the Fans.

They deserve a voice within the game and how it's developed at all levels from Juniors to Senior Football to improve the experience for all concerned.

A Regulator and regulations can deliver that with the power and help of Fans all over the Country.

Politically, Don't underestimate the power of Fans. They possibly have more power than they even realise.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Far from it. Firstly A Regulator should be paid for by the industry that squanders billions on a whim with little or no thought for the Fans.

Also many Millions are taken out of the Country with a real loss to the Econmy by many Owners who raid the Clubs they buy into, solely for that purpose. To strip Clubs of their Assets with no thought for the local Fans.

We need to stop Owners exploiting Clubs by ring fencing the Money within Clubs and Football.

In short Owners can put money into Clubs, but be stopped from taking any money out.

Fans play a big part within the game and Football , Which I doubt would survive for long without the Fans.

They deserve a voice within the game and how it's developed at all levels from Juniors to Senior Football to improve the experience for all concerned.

A Regulator and regulations can deliver that with the power and help of Fans all over the Country.

Politically, Don't underestimate the power of Fans. They possibly have more power than they even realise.

Totally understand the theory and logic of a regulator. However much like most other regulators in corporate Britain, I suspect it’ll be a toothless tiger 

21 hours ago, JimJams said:

Who the fxxk are FIFA?

Self regulated, self appointed owners of the peoples game. Fxxk off. You're not needed.

If Starmer or Sunak say this during the next TV debate I’ll vote for that one. 😁

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It won't happen but it just means something else shit is on the horizon. This is the softener for whatever it is.

European tournament finals?

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Totally understand the theory and logic of a regulator. However much like most other regulators in corporate Britain, I suspect it’ll be a toothless tiger 

That's a fair point. But you have to start somewhere. Right now it's a free for all and the Fans are suffering because of it.

• Like 1