Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Premier league clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

On 08/06/2024 at 11:07, sylofox said:

Well looks like I'll be watching shrek argyle this season.

Keep me posted on all things LCFC once the season starts please

I’m also going to go watch Plymouth this season also going to watch Exeter a few times … why not 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To those of you thinking that the semi automatic offsides in the euros are great because of their speed, I have bad news if you expect the PL to now be the same. 

the in ball chip used to identify exactly when the ball is kicked and freeze the play is adidas patented.  hence the PL will still require the var in stockley park to ‘manually’ freeze the play before the auto technology can deliver a ‘picture’ to show if offside.  We’re losing the lines which will obviously save some time but it won’t be as quick as we’ve seen in Germany. 

more concerning is that we are back to toe nail offside calls which were dumped because of this manual freeze framing of the play - you couldn’t be sure exactly when the ball was kicked so it was decided that if the lines were too close then wouldn’t be offside. We will undoubtedly now have erroneous calls made because it’s impossible to freeze the frame at exactly the right time. of course we won’t see that because we accept the frame is frozen correctly. 

Feels like just moaning about nothing really.