Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

Boro managed to claim a 6-1 over Paget Rangers in front of a decent 511 at the Oval, Bedworth. A really positive start by Boro, should have been four up in the first twenty minutes, Paget defence wise couldn't handle Boro and could have easily been double figures if honest. Interestingly the first goal came from Paget who scored with their only decent effort, Boro managed to react well and equalised within minutes. Ten minutes later Boro are leading 3-1, after this it was constant wave of attack from Boro and some decent keeping from the Paget managed to keep the score respectable. Louis Baker a player to watch, son of former Cov and Boro defender Carl Baker. In fact last time Louis was at Boro he played alongside his dad. I can't under Louis is playing so low, last couple of seasons he's been with Atherstone Town and Lichfield City at the level above and seemed to good for that.

Good atmosphere all round with a lot of regulars returning, everyone seemed impressed with things with both off the field and on field. Club seem to be operating well under this new structure. A 111 season ticket sold on Friday which is fantastic at this level and whilst playing out of town. Bedworth United also rubbing their hands with excitement, not charging Boro rent but made a fortune in the bar yesterday. Long queues to even get in their yesterday!   

42 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro managed to claim a 6-1 over Paget Rangers in front of a decent 511 at the Oval, Bedworth. A really positive start by Boro, should have been four up in the first twenty minutes, Paget defence wise couldn't handle Boro and could have easily been double figures if honest. Interestingly the first goal came from Paget who scored with their only decent effort, Boro managed to react well and equalised within minutes. Ten minutes later Boro are leading 3-1, after this it was constant wave of attack from Boro and some decent keeping from the Paget managed to keep the score respectable. Louis Baker a player to watch, son of former Cov and Boro defender Carl Baker. In fact last time Louis was at Boro he played alongside his dad. I can't under Louis is playing so low, last couple of seasons he's been with Atherstone Town and Lichfield City at the level above and seemed to good for that.

Because they’ll be paid an absolute wedge. Nuneaton’s budget will be well into four figures when most teams aren’t paying and some charge players subs. 

Anything other than winning the league at a canter would be an embarrassment. That said they fell £4k short on their crowdfunder for ‘off-field costs’ so will be interesting what impact that has. 

33 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Because they’ll be paid an absolute wedge. Nuneaton’s budget will be well into four figures when most teams aren’t paying and some charge players subs. 

Anything other than winning the league at a canter would be an embarrassment. That said they fell £4k short on their crowdfunder for ‘off-field costs’ so will be interesting what impact that has. 

No cup competitions for Boro either, Fa Cup or Fa Vase. Not sure if they'll be in the Birmingham Senior Cup, though prize money ain't great in that's like £500 for whoever wins that.

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

No cup competitions for Boro either, Fa Cup or Fa Vase. Not sure if they'll be in the Birmingham Senior Cup, though prize money ain't great in that's like £500 for whoever wins that.

Yeah but they have a chance to draw one of the West Mids U21s teams which normally brings in a decent crowd. 

That Baker has dropped level from clubs who have a reputation for paying well (while not massive amounts) speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Good atmosphere all round with a lot of regulars returning, everyone seemed impressed with things with both off the field and on field. Club seem to be operating well under this new structure. A 111 season ticket sold on Friday which is fantastic at this level and whilst playing out of town. Bedworth United also rubbing their hands with excitement, not charging Boro rent but made a fortune in the bar yesterday. Long queues to even get in their yesterday!   

Louis Baker joined Quorn at the back end of the 2022-23 season in Step 5 and struggled massively. His Dad was the better performer which is unsurprising given his experience 

On 03/08/2024 at 18:58, Finnaldo said:

Assistant is decent too I heard @Tevez :ph34r: 

Hinckley got a pretty controlled win against a Highgate side much diminished from last season. Malvern Town next which should prove a much firmer challenge.

😂😂

Been a really good pre season to be fair, lads look good. The jump from step 6 to 4 has been a good challenge, so happy on a personal level

Sutton coldfield in the first game on Saturday, should be a good battle

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah but they have a chance to draw one of the West Mids U21s teams which normally brings in a decent crowd. 

That Baker has dropped level from clubs who have a reputation for paying well (while not massive amounts) speaks volumes. 

We played Villa two seasons ago at home, over 2,000 attended there was a good 300 villa supporters present also. I think most expected to see a few fringe players maybe first xi. The most famous person there was ref stuart attwell! Villa players were mixture of under 18s and under 21s. The real Villa were on route to Dubai. 

Interestingly Tyrone Mings came down in the morning.... too apparently assess the pitch?? Never knew he was groundsman expert lol

Edited by Leicesterpool

Boro win again at Chelmsley Town who play at Coleshill Town these days. Attendance: 402, with around 250 from Nuneaton. The clubs at this level must feel like they've hit the jackpot when Boro come visiting. Wednesfield on Saturday near Wolverhampton, travelling down for that and can imagine once again at decent following from the Boro expected.

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro win again at Chelmsley Town who play at Coleshill Town these days. Attendance: 402, with around 250 from Nuneaton. The clubs at this level must feel like they've hit the jackpot when Boro come visiting. Wednesfield on Saturday near Wolverhampton, travelling down for that and can imagine once again at decent following from the Boro expected.

You are certainly evidence why so many will dislike Nuneaton over these coming 12 months

• Haha 4

Looking at national league wouldn't be surprised if Gateshead win it, which cause complications as they weren't even allowed up due to ground issues. Im surprised from Gateshead point of view they haven't looked at groundshare options just so they dont miss out on the chance of efl. I mean Hartlepool isnt too far away and would of course meet efl requirements.

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Looking at national league wouldn't be surprised if Gateshead win it, which cause complications as they weren't even allowed up due to ground issues. Im surprised from Gateshead point of view they haven't looked at groundshare options just so they dont miss out on the chance of efl. I mean Hartlepool isnt too far away and would of course meet efl requirements.

There’s rules against setting up groundshares to solely achieve promotion. Needs to be a longer plan. The ground issues were legal more than anything 

Coalville lose 1-0 to Clifton on the road, it’s of course a regroup and consolidation season but even in the circumstances you think they’d be wanting better than no point after three games.

I only went the first game but if there’s not been significant change, then some at-level experience is desperately needed in that team, it’s a lot to ask of young lads to compete at a level built on physicality. 

That said, it takes time and I hope they see some results sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Coalville lose 1-0 to Clifton on the road, it’s of course a regroup and consolidation season but even in the circumstances you think they’d be wanting better than no point after three games.

I only went the first game but if there’s not been significant change, then some at-level experience is desperately needed in that team, it’s a lot to ask of young lads to compete at a level built on physicality. 

That said, it takes time and I hope they see some results sooner rather than later.

We were unlucky not to get something out of the game in the last 25 minutes, but I think your point is valid. We need another striker to help out Ronnie Morley, and an experienced CB who can direct the others around him. I still think we'll get there and patience is going to be required. I think it's a case of assess where we are after 9/10 games.

• Like 3

Watched Grantham stuff Sherwood Colliery 4-0 last night in the FA Cup and well, we've actually got a decent team this season!

Well late to this, but thank you to those who recommended somewhere to go for the FA Cup last week.

Ended up at Hinckley AFC. Weather was great, good price on drinks in the clubhouse, only £8 to get in and a bit of cricket taking place next to the ground as well. Really enjoyed it. Will be exploring either them or other teams more often if I can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Well late to this, but thank you to those who recommended somewhere to go for the FA Cup last week.

Ended up at Hinckley AFC. Weather was great, good price on drinks in the clubhouse, only £8 to get in and a bit of cricket taking place next to the ground as well. Really enjoyed it. Will be exploring either them or other teams more often if I can.

Walk your pint off on the way back to the ground too! lol 

Glad you enjoyed it and hope you’ll be down again, but I recommend going a few local clubs and seeing what you enjoy. Plenty Leics clubs really kicking on at the minute