Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's a strange rule, motivation wise it can't help the players. Are they in the Fa Cup or Fa Vase?

We're in the Vase. Lutterworth Town or Pinchbeck United at home Sept. 21st.

Personally, I think it's a sensible rule. It encouarages clubs to become sustainable.

We're not getting a plastic pitch because we won't need it where we're going.

I mean, ambition is great and everything - but reality and history have to play a part too.

I suspect the real answer is that we can't afford one. I'm not really sure how a coach from Luton can afford anything if I'm honest.

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

We're not getting a plastic pitch because we won't need it where we're going.

I mean, ambition is great and everything - but reality and history have to play a part too.

I suspect the real answer is that we can't afford one. I'm not really sure how a coach from Luton can afford anything if I'm honest.

The real reason should be, because they're absolutely gash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

The real reason should be, because they're absolutely gash.

We were killed last season by cancelled matches with a fraction coming to rearranged midweek matches.

Moved up to the north east and looking for a local team to get my football fix.Blythe Spartans seemed to be the obv choice living 15 mins away.Then i saw the prices!Gonna stick with the team over the road from us who my lad plays in the u14's for!

Port of Blyth Stand (seated) Ground entry/ standing
Adult £352 £310
Concessions (over 65 years) £228 £186
Students and 11-16 years £166 £124
Under 10s (accompanied by an adult) £42 FREE

Season tickets are on sale via our online ticketing partner here.

The online portal will show a plan of the Port of Blyth Stand where you can select your allocated seat or seats.

Any supporter without access to the online booking facility can still buy their season ticket by telephoning the club’

Edited by PAULCFC

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Moved up to the north east and looking for a local team to get my football fix.Blythe Spartans seemed to be the obv choice living 15 mins away.Then i saw the prices!Gonna stick with the team over the road from us who my lad plays in the u14's for!Season Ticket 24_25 _ Vanarama National League North _ Blyth Spartans AFC Tickets.html

You could still go to the odd game! Kettering was 15 quid last season and the season before, for an adult. Their(Blyth) season ticket prices are quite expensive though by the looks of things. 

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

You could still go to the odd game! Kettering was 15 quid last season and the season before, for an adult. Their(Blyth) season ticket prices are quite expensive though by the looks of things. 

Yes mate....probably go to the odd game.....We have a club(Amble FC) Who play in the Northern Football Alliance and is  just across the road from us......lad's just joined as their u14 keeper,so will follow the kid's and their first team this season to get my fix......seem a friendly lot!

• Like 2

Just now, PAULCFC said:

Yes mate....probably go to the odd game.....We have a club(Amble FC) Who play in the Northern Football Alliance and is  just across the road from us......lad's just joined as their u14 keeper,so will follow the kid's and their first team this season to get my fix......seem a friendly lot!

That’ll do! Great part of the world too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Moved up to the north east and looking for a local team to get my football fix.Blythe Spartans seemed to be the obv choice living 15 mins away.Then i saw the prices!Gonna stick with the team over the road from us who my lad plays in the u14's for!

Adult £352 £310

The online portal will show a plan of the Port of Blyth Stand where you can select your allocated seat or seats.

Any supporter without access to the online booking facility can still buy their season ticket by telephoning the club’

Wow!

That's Cobblers League 1 prices.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Adult £352 £310

It's £272 for a season ticket in the stand according to that link, unless I've missed something?

There are Leicester connections as well with Blyth - Nolberto Solano is manager, Steve Howard is director of football and David Stockdale is assistant manager!

Edited by Tuna

Coalville finally getting some points on the board. Delighted for the players, you could see what it meant to them at the end.

Good turnout as well, 281 in attendance. I think it was vital we got a result and some goals today, we need to keep the attendances up this season.

Trying not to be too critical, as we’re lucky to even have a side this year after Glyn’s antics. But it’s pretty clear that the goalkeeper and defence are nowhere near  good enough, hopefully Ash is looking to address this as we look like conceding every time the ball is near our goal.

If we could add a keeper, couple of defenders and a striker we should do alright.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

Went to Brackley v Scunthorpe this afternoon… 0-3 thumping for Brackley which is quite unusual especially at home.  

Second best for most of the game, great opening crowd of almost 1200 with half of that from Scunny!

One positive is that gate brings great revenue to the club. Scunny i think will cruise it this year to the title.

Went to watch Boro at Wednesfield (in wolves) very small setup there but to their credit least they have home. Attendance 118 which basically was mainly Boro fans. May have been a few more their if wolves werent at home the spoons there royal tiger was packed full of wolves fan going to the match. 

Boro won 4-0, first half was poor and shocking passing from us. Wednesfield did defend quite well tbh in the first period despite conceding a pen in the first minute. Second half think the lads got a hairdryer treatment looked better and seem to open Wednesfield up more. Totally in control in second half. Not vintage but wins a win and cant moan about winning 4-0 away from home no matter who you play. Think thats most ive seen us score away.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

Quorn 5 - 1 Sutton Coldfield

Great performance this after going a goal down after 10 mins. Paddy Webb perfect Left Foot, Right Foot, Header Hat-Trick being the stand out performance from a lot. Him and Noble should be playing higher than Step 4. Defence looking solid. Perfect start after a good pre-season.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

One positive is that gate brings great revenue to the club. Scunny i think will cruise it this year to the title.

Went to watch Boro at Wednesfield (in wolves) very small setup there but to their credit least they have home. Attendance 118 which basically was mainly Boro fans. May have been a few more their if wolves werent at home the spoons there royal tiger was packed full of wolves fan going to the match. 

Boro won 4-0, first half was poor and shocking passing from us. Wednesfield did defend quite well tbh in the first period despite conceding a pen in the first minute. Second half think the lads got a hairdryer treatment looked better and seem to open Wednesfield up more. Totally in control in second half. Not vintage but wins a win and cant moan about winning 4-0 away from home no matter who you play. Think thats most ive seen us score away.

**** me. You are lucky you even have a club to support 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

That’s great you made the trip, as these clubs appreciate your support so much more.

Yeah Brackley averaged 800 last year but a typical game with minimal away fans would be 600.  

On a side note I know Wednesfield well as   I used to race for Leicester Monarchs Cycle Speedway team and they were one of our rivals! 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxesFan#1 said:

That’s great you made the trip, as these clubs appreciate your support so much more.

Yeah Brackley averaged 800 last year but a typical game with minimal away fans would be 600.  

On a side note I know Wednesfield well as   I used to race for Leicester Monarchs Cycle Speedway team and they were one of our rivals! 

Soon as you walk you know its a low level a random broken turnstile in basically in middle of a car park. Give credit to volunteers who care a lot about the club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

Don’t Wolves have a track nearby Monmore Green?