Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

Got away travel booked for Ashington v Congleton in the FA Trophy on Saturday.

......turns out we are all on the team coach! No Alcohol on the way,but OK coming back ......beginning to warm to non league!

• Like 3

Meh. Woken to the sound of rain (wife has the car so it’d be motorbike for me), and the news that Hitchen are restricting turnstile sales to a handful.

Must be great to be so rich you can turn away on the day supporters. Fvck you, Hitchen.

Sandy sacked after three games lol

Absolutely ridiculous, crazy decision.

Club turned off replies to their tweet, which says it all - shameless.

Jimmy Dean rumoured to be taking over!

53 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Coalville could definitely get relegated at this rate 

On current trajectory yes, but we have plenty of scope to improve though.

I'd be much more concerned if this was a team that had been together for years and we knew we would struggle to attract improvements.

Ideally for me, by the 2nd of the season we should be offering a much sterner test for every team in this league. We want to finish this season strongly and take that into next year. The next 2/3 months are about trying to get the squad in that direction. Work has already started on that, the lads that have come in so far, look to have improved us.

We're crying out for a big ugly 6'4 centre back to dominate long balls into the box, that'd be high on my wish list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

On current trajectory yes, but we have plenty of scope to improve though.

I'd be much more concerned if this was a team that had been together for years and we knew we would struggle to attract improvements.

Ideally for me, by the 2nd of the season we should be offering a much sterner test for every team in this league. We want to finish this season strongly and take that into next year. The next 2/3 months are about trying to get the squad in that direction. Work has already started on that, the lads that have come in so far, look to have improved us.

We're crying out for a big ugly 6'4 centre back to dominate long balls into the box, that'd be high on my wish list.

I think we’re nailed on to go down based on what I’ve seen so far. Not showing any signs of improvement yet.

Quite simply the players, apart from a couple, aren’t good enough. Need some experience in the side desperately. I don’t think the players we have added so far have made any improvements, apart from the lad who has been playing on the right side.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Clearly expecting tasty lads from Harbs to turn up given the slightly excessive security numbers here today. 

'Harborough' & 'Tasty lads' isn't really a thing. I'd be amazed if there's any hassle. 

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

'Harborough' & 'Tasty lads' isn't really a thing. I'd be amazed if there's any hassle. 

I think it's for us 😁 I have never seen so many very pissed Poppy fans 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I think it's for us 😁 I have never seen so many very pissed Poppy fans 😄

I see it finished 1-1. Was that about right ? Looks to be a decent point for Harborough. 

18 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I see it finished 1-1. Was that about right ? Looks to be a decent point for Harborough. 

Daylight robbery. 

You should've been down to 10 men on a clear decision. Then, as the game was ebbing out having been almost all 1-way traffic, ref decided to invent a pen for no clear reason. I feel cheated. 

But impressive:

• Like 1

Nuneaton derby took place today... at Bedworth...

Finished 1-1 against Nuneaton Griff. 779 in attendance, not bad but sadly not the performance to inspire the crowd. Poor game overall and Boro certainly lacked today. Griff looked so much more organised. 

I went Kettering Harborough. I’m sorry Daggers. It was a dreadful game. Kick and rush which made no sense given both teams had very decent wingers. 

Kettering clearly better team but didn’t go for the killer (albeit unlucky with a header). 

Harborough seem to have double downed on buying anyone over 6ft 3. Both full backs ran like rugby players. 

If it wasn’t for the reliance on Kettering being largely fan ran, I wouldn’t have paid the prices for the food either. £4.20 for chips and curry sauce 

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

The games v Corby last season are why. Having young kids scream Kettering is a shithole into women’s faces this arvo. That said everyone over the age of 18 was well behaved 

• Thanks 1

2nd win for Coalville 3-0 over Holwell, they are 1 team we should be finishing above. 
The 3rd goal was a cracking volley. Maintain we need to add a bit more experience and strengthen the defence though.
If we can pick another point up on Saturday it will be a good result.

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The games v Corby last season are why. Having young kids scream Kettering is a shithole into women’s faces this arvo. That said everyone over the age of 18 was well behaved 

Oh blimey, there’s plenty of 15/16 year olds in the town giving it out after a lager shandy, but l guess most towns are similar.

Harborough isn’t as posh as most people think. Yes, it’s a Tory town & has an element of snobbiness, but it’s far from a picture postcard market town.