Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

20 hours ago, Daggers said:

Went to Royston. We've won 7 out of the last ten against them and drawn two others. We are at the top end of the table, they're at the bottom.

Of course they won.

image.jpeg.7c0b80ef83574e984a0f85dc9d784544.jpeg

We played them at least 10 times in League fixtures and never once beat them lol

Considering we spent the vast majority of that time in the top 5 its insane. Proper bogey team for Coalville they were.

The one time we beat them was in the league Cup, which nobody cares about.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We played them at least 10 times in League fixtures and never once beat them lol

Considering we spent the vast majority of that time in the top 5 its insane. Proper bogey team for Coalville they were.

Dominated the first half. Keeper got red carded for no reason. They got a player sent off for no reason. Dominated the final 20 minutes...and never really looked like we actually wanted to score.

I know they're still looking, but we could really use a 20-30 goals striker to augment the team. We can be so efficient yet toothless it hurts at times.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whats the dearest anyone paid at a non league ground. I recall notts county charging £18 for the conference back in 2022 I dont recall paying higher than £18 at non league.

£20 at Wealdstone, £20 at St Albans, £24 at borehamwood 

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whats the dearest anyone paid at a non league ground. I recall notts county charging £18 for the conference back in 2022 I dont recall paying higher than £18 at non league.

£23 at King's Lynn lol

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 2

2-1 to Nile Ranger's Barmy Poppies Army!!!!

And we're back. Sack off a shit lazy forward, sign a man who's going to destroy us with all kinds of shenanigans - and I'm here for every second of it lol

• Like 1

On 08/09/2024 at 20:55, filbertway said:

It was last season in the FA Trophy. We went 3-0 after 15 minutes or so, and then proceeded to lump the ball for the next 75 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It was last season in the FA Trophy. We went 3-0 after 15 minutes or so, and then proceeded to lump the ball for the next 75 minutes.

Oh yeah! lol

Ill be honest, after how the trophy screwed us over those past few years I looked on it with the same disdain as the league cup :D

Looking forward to the vase game on the 21st. Will be a very tough game, but at least we're now starting to resemble a football team at this level. There's a slight bit of hope that we can take advantage of being at home and give Lutterworth a good game

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh yeah! lol

Ill be honest, after how the trophy screwed us over those past few years I looked on it with the same disdain as the league cup :D

Looking forward to the vase game on the 21st. Will be a very tough game, but at least we're now starting to resemble a football team at this level. There's a slight bit of hope that we can take advantage of being at home and give Lutterworth a good game

Some of the recent additions have really shone. I missed my first league game in 5 years on Saturday, but Leo got a lot of praise.

It'd be great to see a decent crowd for the Vase game. It'll be a good test for us on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Some turn around in the league since Pinxton. Fair play to them :appl:

The management have started to stabilise the squad. It's about having people with the right mentality as much as it's about ability.

4 unbeaten in the league now with a big game next Saturday against Lutterworth Town in the Vase. I still have to remind myself that we were very close to not having a team at all.

• Like 3

On 14/09/2024 at 18:39, CosbehFox said:

Good day for Leics clubs in the Cup. Really good result for Barwell 

Went Rugby v Hednesford, proper cup tie 2-2

Proper surprised at that result. Went to Rugby v Students last Tuesday and they got completely outplayed.

We played Hednesford last week, set up was immense, not going to talk about the result though:)

However, back to winning ways beating Worcester Saturday, their first league loss in 12 months at home! some lovely goals if you fancy a little watch on youtube.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tevez said:

Proper surprised at that result. Went to Rugby v Students last Tuesday and they got completely outplayed.

We played Hednesford last week, set up was immense, not going to talk about the result though:)

However, back to winning ways beating Worcester Saturday, their first league loss in 12 months at home! some lovely goals if you fancy a little watch on youtube.

Tbf Rugby were outplayed for long spells on Saturday. Just hung in and used set pieces well

Hednesford, give their due, big budget but do try to play football properly. Normally when that cash comes in, it’s direct and win at all costs. 

Boro whack seven against Allexton & New Park tonight, before kick off I noticed Allexton have taken a few hammerings this season and can see why. Defensively there are shocking. Interesting note Callum Carsley son of Lee Carsley made his Boro debut tonight and the England gaffer was actually present this evening, stayed the first half but choose to leave at half time after being pestered for selfies I believe.