Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Coalville signed a lad from the Leicestershire Snr League that's bagged 13 in 6 games so far. We're really lacking a bagsman, so hoping this lad can make the step up.

He’s definitely worth a punt. Morley has been disappointing, thought he would do better than he has done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Leicestershire Senior League champions last season - big step up as Asfordby found last season. 

Be a laugh when Nuneaton play at New College. 

Been their New College, nice setup from what I remember. They will be good following from Nuneaton for sure maybe 250-300. 

Away followings still been good, in fact our away support over the years always been better than our home support. Bridgnorth week after next, club have already sold out on the coach travel and already started to fill the second coach. A lot of clubs are certainly benefiting from the Boro being this level. Very similar to when Hereford were in the league above their way taking some good followings away. I think a lot of fans of Boro are enjoying the new away days, pretty much like 18 teams in this league Boro have never faced before.

Attendance last night was 288... a bit low bit again midweek I think this will be theme this season, likely average 400 on a saturday then drop to 250ish on a Tuesday night. I think if Boro can keep this winning run going, I do think crowds will lift up to 600 on a regular basis.

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 hours ago, Soar Fox said:

Surprised Coalville didn’t try and get that lad from Heather St John’s

Kyle jardine ? He used to play for us.

Was told he was on a decent contract / appearance fee. We might go for him next season, no point splashing out when we can’t go up.

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Was told he was on a decent contract / appearance fee. We might go for him next season, no point splashing out when we can’t go up.

That’s the one. Only seen his goals via Twitter but looks like he’s got a great strike on him.

Edited by Soar Fox

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Hinckley were apparently looking at him last season. From what I can tell he’s on a wedge, to the point Hinckley (which I assume had a bigger budget than Coalville currently do) we’re priced out, and he’s essentially playing with mates under considerably less pressure than further up the pyramid or for bigger clubs. 

Given he seemed up to it at step 4 I’d wager he’s not all that ambitious with his football, which is fair enough but a shame in some ways as he could definitely do a job higher, or for an ambitious Coalville looking to go up.

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

In fairness, both Asfordby and Allexton lost players over pre season following promotion.

It's tough - you have to spend a lot of money logistically making that step from LSL to Step 6. Hence players can easily get paid more elsewhere. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Hinckley were apparently looking at him last season. From what I can tell he’s on a wedge, to the point Hinckley (which I assume had a bigger budget than Coalville currently do) we’re priced out, and he’s essentially playing with mates under considerably less pressure than further up the pyramid or for bigger clubs. 

Given he seemed up to it at step 4 I’d wager he’s not all that ambitious with his football, which is fair enough but a shame in some ways as he could definitely do a job higher, or for an ambitious Coalville looking to go up.

That's pretty much it. He could play step 3 at a push. 

44 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Yeah he would be good for step 4, as you say type of player who could make the journey up through the leagues if he fancied it.

Remember watching Kyle for Coalville in pre season and he easily looked like the best finisher at the club, even ahead of our senior pros. He spent a whole season on the bench and Stevo wouldn't let him leave on loan.

Easy to lose a bit of love for the game when you're treated that way I suppose.

Glad to see him bagging for Heather though and would be great to see himself test himself at a higher level if he has the desire. Genuinely think he could have made some good money from the game.

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Remember watching Kyle for Coalville in pre season and he easily looked like the best finisher at the club, even ahead of our senior pros. He spent a whole season on the bench and Stevo wouldn't let him leave on loan.

Easy to lose a bit of love for the game when you're treated that way I suppose.

Glad to see him bagging for Heather though and would be great to see himself test himself at a higher level if he has the desire. Genuinely think he could have made some good money from the game.

I could be wrong but I don’t think football is his priority. Decent player though.

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think football is his priority. Decent player though.

I suspect that may be the case. Hope he can find the passion because he really is a talented lad.

Suppose Sunday league and our level are littered with players good enough to be pros but struggle with the sacrifice