Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

2 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The guy on the wing with the grey hair (dubbed Gooch Snr.) is Sam Moore. The last club I can see he played for is Aylestone Park.

Ronnie worked hard and took his goals well, but I'm expecting a big step up in class from last night to UCL Div 1. Dunton & Broughton finished 8/10 last season in the LSL Div 1. Friday will be a much tougher test, so should be an interesting evening of football.

Sam was at Coalville for years during Stevo’s first spell. In the reserves basically. Long spells at Shepshed but chops and changes clubs regularly. 

Had a kid half way thru last season so called time on playing for a bit 

12 minutes ago, adam said:

Great night down Coalville this evening. 448 in attendance and a good game of football.

Got drenched but was good being back down there after the last month or so. Must admit didn’t think there was that many there when hearing the attendance figure 

26 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Got drenched but was good being back down there after the last month or so. Must admit didn’t think there was that many there when hearing the attendance figure 

Yeah same. Thought about 300 ish

12 hours ago, goody2028 said:

I think a fair few came in late. By the end it looked a good crowd. As @adam keeps telling me, keeping the fans interested is absolutely key.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I think a fair few came in late. By the end it looked a good crowd. As @adam keeps telling me, keeping the fans interested is absolutely key.

Yeah did think that. Loads around me moaning about the beer and food going up, mind. 

19 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Yeah did think that. Loads around me moaning about the beer and food going up, mind. 

Food is cheaper. Thought £3.50 for a cheese burger was pretty decent. Last year I think they were a fiver.

2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

I bet they weren't moaning about the £3 admission fee! I've stopped drinking, so I didn't notice the increase.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Loads around me moaning about the beer and food going up, mind. 

Beer and food costs them more as a club than Leicester pay yet they'd be happy to pay there I bet. 

Edited by Lako42

Boro lost 0-1 to Bedworth, in front of 409 though 250 of that from Nuneaton. Not bad from what I seen, created some decent opportunities in the second half and some decent youngsters who were in the academy last year look capable of some good things. Brand of football looks miles better than what we played under Ginnelly so negative. So far played two teams from two levels above and haven't looked outclassed yet. Melton Town away midweek for Boro.

8 hours ago, Tevez said:

Been a busy Summer for me! Having left Ingles as manager to join Quorn as assistant manager. Having only a handful of training sessions and 2 games, it's been a really good start. 

To anyone that supports Nuneaton, I think you'll do well this season but having been in that Midland League Div 1 next season, the introduction of the Leicester teams will bring a completely different physicality to the league. (and everyone will up their game to try and beat you, like Hinckley :D)

On QFC, we beat Alvechurch Saturday, they did change their whole 11 at HT but it's good to see it slowly come together ready for the league campaign.

Boro for many will be the team to beat, plus home or away the biggest gate of the season for the clubs. I expect even with the move to Bedworth depending how things start in the season, I reckon our crowds will be between 250-300, perhaps if we are doing well beyond November then maybe gates may increase up to 400. Away wise it'll be the same 80 I reckon. Though the Nuneaton Griff fixture away, the only game Boro play in Nuneaton! will see I think 1,000+. If things don't go to well, i fear this club will struggle big time as crowds will drop and if they drop to below 150 the club can forget about returning to Nuneaton.

Interestingly a lot of fans said they found getting to Bedworth's ground and back is easier than getting to Liberty Way, due to the fact buses to Bedworth are every twenty minutes and only a 15 minutes bus ride from Nuneaton.

On 08/07/2024 at 09:38, Tevez said:

Been a busy Summer for me! Having left Ingles as manager to join Quorn as assistant manager. Having only a handful of training sessions and 2 games, it's been a really good start. 

To anyone that supports Nuneaton, I think you'll do well this season but having been in that Midland League Div 1 next season, the introduction of the Leicester teams will bring a completely different physicality to the league. (and everyone will up their game to try and beat you, like Hinckley :D)

On QFC, we beat Alvechurch Saturday, they did change their whole 11 at HT but it's good to see it slowly come together ready for the league campaign.

Can't wait to see it pan out. Think we'll still a touch light in a couple of areas but generally we've done well in retention and new signings. Battle is always against the Chairman. Should be another enjoyable season watching. All the best with it Shaun it's been a long journey since going against each other in the Charnwood Sunday League 

16 hours ago, joeybside said:

Can't wait to see it pan out. Think we'll still a touch light in a couple of areas but generally we've done well in retention and new signings. Battle is always against the Chairman. Should be another enjoyable season watching. All the best with it Shaun it's been a long journey since going against each other in the Charnwood Sunday League 

Appreciate your words mate, should be a good season. Still doesn't feel real compared to where I was on a Sunday morning to now. But I guess working hard and staying in the game does give you chances, so really looking forward to it!

Hinckley finishing their preseason with the annual Simon Blyth Memorial Trophy game at Heather St John’s on the 20th before starting the season the Saturday after away at Eynesbury. Be interesting to see how we cope with the step up, I’d be happy just to be competing with a play off spot, get ourselves consolidated in the league! 

First home game the Monday after against Aylestone Park, have to be title favourites this year but probably the best time to play them, hope to catch them out early in the season as I imagine they’ll be a big threat as the season goes on!