Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

25 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Healthy crowd and good atmosphere at Matlock Town this afternoon. 

Ours is down from Tuesday, as is the performance. But at least the drink gobshite bad Dad from Stratford has been booted out with his feral family. 

Boro were 0-2 down at half time to Shepshed Ingles, totally pathetic first half from us. Struggled to put a pass together and didn't record a single shot on target. Missing two key players today Liam Daly and Louis Baker, unavailable apparently? no reason just "unavailable". Interesting the back of the seating stand at Beduff, is the public loos and whilst walking up you could hear the Boro gaffer giving them a proper hairdryer treatment. Couldn't hear what he was saying but basically it was the mike bassett 0-2 to mexico rant... lol but it worked, second half better the two changes really drove Boro forward. 2-2 Within a space of short minutes. Boro snatched it later after a scramble in the box. Ingles toughest test I've seen, they looked worked and drilled. They done their homework well, I think a poor start to the second half cost them something out of the game. 3-2 back top, with a tough test Heather St Johns next, who have had decent start themselves. Unbeaten like Boro, but only conceded two. Attendance: 438, again another good turnout at this level.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro were 0-2 down at half time to Shepshed Ingles, totally pathetic first half from us. Struggled to put a pass together and didn't record a single shot on target. Missing two key players today Liam Daly and Louis Baker, unavailable apparently? no reason just "unavailable". Interesting the back of the seating stand at Beduff, is the public loos and whilst walking up you could hear the Boro gaffer giving them a proper hairdryer treatment. Couldn't hear what he was saying but basically it was the mike bassett 0-2 to mexico rant... lol but it worked, second half better the two changes really drove Boro forward. 2-2 Within a space of short minutes. Boro snatched it later after a scramble in the box. Ingles toughest test I've seen, they looked worked and drilled. They done their homework well, I think a poor start to the second half cost them something out of the game. 3-2 back top, with a tough test Heather St Johns next, who have had decent start themselves. Unbeaten like Boro, but only conceded two. Attendance: 438, again another good turnout at this level.

How did they compare to Sutton United ? 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Ours is down from Tuesday

Appearances were deceiving. We got 912 through the gate. Healthy. No idea how Tyree Wilson didn't get MotM because he was inspired for the second match running. Way too good for this level.

My lad who had a season ticket with me at the KP has asked if we can get season tickets for Ashington....says he enjoys it better than the PL...more interaction with players,better atmosphere and just a better afternoon out!So up The Colliers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

How did they compare to Sutton United ? 

Well according to match report Boro were up to for most of that game, just gave away two sloppy goals. Ingles for me have been toughest so far we have faced, but Tuesday will be toughest challenge, win that and can really start to build a gap at the top. 

On 16/08/2024 at 08:48, Finnaldo said:

Hinckley AFC continue in the FA Cup tonight, step 4 Malvern Town at home which will be a really solid test, fingers crossed a decent result and back in the hat!

Hinckley outclassed by a fantastic Malvern 5-2, were competitive at times but you can tell they’re a good step 4 team. Great people from the players, playing staff, board and directors so difficult to begrudge really!

Onto another tough game at home to Daventry next week…

Whose everyone local non league club and do you follow them? Just curious as i know someone in Barwell massive foxes fan. Who lives two minutes from Barwell ground yet states hes never been in his life to a Barwell game and never got interest to attend or follow them. 

Went to Coalville Town at the weekend after really enjoying Hinckley. Was tempted to go to Barwell but it was £12 entry, plus wanted to try a new ground, and I'd never been to Coalville town centre before

Quite enjoyed it tbh, a decent atmosphere even if they did get tonked.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Season tickets bought for Ashington!£150 for me and £20 for the lad.Pick them up at the next home match v Sheffield.Looking forward to the season,will still take an interest in City....but can't honestly say I'll miss going to matches.

Former league club too! Saw them at Vardy's old club, Stockbridge PS, make some right noise in a FA Cup game. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Former league club too! Saw them at Vardy's old club, Stockbridge PS, make some right noise in a FA Cup game. 

Yes!Went to the FA cup game v Bishop Stortford at the weekend....non stop 🥁 

On 19/08/2024 at 10:43, Footballwipe said:

Went to Coalville Town at the weekend after really enjoying Hinckley. Was tempted to go to Barwell but it was £12 entry, plus wanted to try a new ground, and I'd never been to Coalville town centre before

Quite enjoyed it tbh, a decent atmosphere even if they did get tonked.

Dont put money into jim Ginnelly pocket guy is a Menace. His ego cost Boro big time. Hes glorified sunday league coach.

20 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Shocking challenge here .

Poor Gateshead player left with a broken leg .

No way youre looking at that replay and claiming shocking challenge lol

The comments are mad, can only assume the majority are biased or privy to an angle that actually shows a shocking challenge.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

No way youre looking at that replay and claiming shocking challenge lol

The comments are mad, can only assume the majority are biased or privy to an angle that actually shows a shocking challenge.

Tue it’s not a great angle !

Bur the bloke injured suffered a broken leg and ankle whilst the perpetrator apologised after wards .

45 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Tue it’s not a great angle !

Bur the bloke injured suffered a broken leg and ankle whilst the perpetrator apologised after wards .

Neither of those suggest it's a bad tackle though or at least one with an intent to break his legs like comments are suggesting.

I'd expect 99.9% of footballers to apologise after breaking someones leg, I think the only one in British history not to is probably Roy Keane lol

I feel like you see tackles like that one all the time, just unfortunately part of the game is bad injuries.

Boro lose 0-2 to Heather St Johns. Heather well deserved it, looked a lot more alert than and so organised. They will be the team to beat. 471 in attendance. Player 10 minutes of injury time, so many Heather players going down in second half

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Currently 1-0 up at half time away at Rugby with Shepshed and interestingly they have Filbert Streets old turnstiles and dugouts. Amazing to find. 

IMG_5825.jpeg

Interesting where things end up, the carling stand seats are at Stafford Rangers ground and Harrowby United's stand have seats from Trent Bridge

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

Interesting where things end up, the carling stand seats are at Stafford Rangers ground and Harrowby United's stand have seats from Trent Bridge

I think our scoreboard went to Bury at Gigg Lane too. 

• Like 2