Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

Crap news for county non-league, firm believer a high tide raises all ships so a massive blow for Leicestershire non-league. 

Can’t believe there’s not more to it though…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whats going on at Coalville everything seem to be going in the right direction for them. Its a shame seeing more clubs quit their league.

Attendances had tailed off a bit but certainly weren’t the worst in the league, surely could have carried on for a another season with a smaller playing budget whilst trying to find someone to take the club on.

As @Lako42 says seems knee jerk, I think something has happened to force this. Been announcing new signings all week 

Clearly something has triggered this as we've been announcing signings this week. Reading into it, potentially a loss of support from the local council after recent elections.

Not quite sure what to say at the moment, but with the massive work that's been going on behind the scenes, the club should be fairly attractive to new owners.

Sounds like the club will remain which it should do, as it's a fantastic community asset, the next few days and weeks will be interesting. I hope I've got a team to support in 2 months time.

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Attendances had tailed off a bit but certainly weren’t the worst in the league, surely could have carried on for a another season with a smaller playing budget whilst trying to find someone to take the club on.

As @Lako42 says seems knee jerk, I think something has happened to force this. Been announcing new signings all week 

For me a bit of selfish act by the chairman here put a lot of money over the years of course. But why not just step down and allow someone to come in a just work on a tighter budget as you say. Now the supporters have come to terms having no team next season. Timing wise awful.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Clearly something has triggered this as we've been announcing signings this week. Reading into it, potentially a loss of support from the local council after recent elections.

Not quite sure what to say at the moment, but with the massive work that's been going on behind the scenes, the club should be fairly attractive to new owners.

Sounds like the club will remain which it should do, as it's a fantastic community asset, the next few days and weeks will be interesting. I hope I've got a team to support in 2 months time.

I’m probably being thick here but what does loss of support from the local council mean ? How would that put the club under

Well, I'm absolutely gutted about that.

Seems very odd.

They can't have lost too much support from the council as they would of granted them the planning for the new 3g pitch.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’m probably being thick here but what does loss of support from the local council mean ? How would that put the club under

The club hasn't gone under as far as I can tell - it's still operational - just the first team is being pulled as obviously Glynn isn't going to be able to finance it.

Glynn's probably received some news this week with regards to funding for the club and decided at 70 he hasn't got the energy to fight and decided it's best to take a beat and reassess, no point going into the season without knowing if we have owners or a chairman.

I'm sure we'll have news in the coming days/weeks about potential new investors/owners and where that leaves us.

Glynn wouldn't do this lightly though, the amount of time and effort him and his family have put into the club is phenomenal.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The club hasn't gone under as far as I can tell - it's still operational - just the first team is being pulled as obviously Glynn isn't going to be able to finance it.

Glynn's probably received some news this week with regards to funding for the club and decided at 70 he hasn't got the energy to fight and decided it's best to take a beat and reassess, no point going into the season without knowing if we have owners or a chairman.

I'm sure we'll have news in the coming days/weeks about potential new investors/owners and where that leaves us.

Glynn wouldn't do this lightly though, the amount of time and effort him and his family have put into the club is phenomenal.

Yeah not questioning Glynn and his family’s effort and commitment to the club. It’s been incredible, no doubt.

Piss poor from the council if true, hopefully we have still got a club for the 25/26 season.

Not that i'm gloating in way, just weird situation where Nuneaton Borough went bust half way through a season, yet will have a team next season playing at a lower level under name of Nuneaton Town. Of course Boro have a had time to reform a new club and find temp new home for the next two seasons, whilst for poor Coalville fans they finish the season, not actually go bust withdrew from the league not even considering voluntary relegation are not going to have a team next season. 

Sometimes feel clubs are not protected by the governing body, surely to avoid seeing another club wind up. Maybe non league structure could suggest a two division demotion and then reprieving sides that were set for relegation to allow that space for Coalville Town. At least then fans of coalville have someone to watch next season. 

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah not questioning Glynn and his family’s effort and commitment to the club. It’s been incredible, no doubt.

Piss poor from the council if true, hopefully we have still got a club for the 25/26 season.

One of the points made by some in the council in the past year was why should Coalville receive funding for youth teams and ground maintenance if they're turning a profit.

I think it amounted to something like £15k a year over 4 years to help subsidise the 90 junior teams.

If that gets pulled then Glynn has to either cull the junior teams or find that money.

Obviously all guess work on my part, but there will be a reason for Glyn's decision and experience tells me he's making the best possible decision given the circumstances.

My guess is that the club will remain and new ownership comes in, hopefully in time for the coming season 24/25 if not then 25/26. Glynn making his decision now nice and early at least leaves a window of opportunity (I'm guessing anyway lol )

****ing hell man, nothing to make you realise not to take things for granted like having your team ripped away haha.

I’m not 100% sure what the beef is with council I know there have been niggles at times. I’ve met Glynn a few times down there and he always came across as a decent bloke. 

It did look like we were clearing house over the last few weeks with a number of established players retiring or moving on. It’s very strange to have signed a few players in the past week though only to pull the trigger like this. 

I used to go down pretty regularly but this season in the Championship it just seemed like fixtures were clashing, more midweek games and I didn’t make it down. 

Hopefully someone can pick up the pieces but it’s not a good day. 

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

One of the points made by some in the council in the past year was why should Coalville receive funding for youth teams and ground maintenance if they're turning a profit.

I think it amounted to something like £15k a year over 4 years to help subsidise the 90 junior teams.

If that gets pulled then Glynn has to either cull the junior teams or find that money.

Obviously all guess work on my part, but there will be a reason for Glyn's decision and experience tells me he's making the best possible decision given the circumstances.

My guess is that the club will remain and new ownership comes in, hopefully in time for the coming season 24/25 if not then 25/26. Glynn making his decision now nice and early at least leaves a window of opportunity (I'm guessing anyway lol )

****ing hell man, nothing to make you realise not to take things for granted like having your team ripped away haha.

Would they have time to do something for 24/25 be very tight ?

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Arnt the junior teams completely separate to the men's side? With the amount of junior teams they have I'd be surprised if they relyed on that 15k. I'm sure the junior side made a decent profit last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

No ideal, been googling to see if there's a deadline on these things. Footballers contracts run till June 30th Don't they, so I'm just hoping that we could technically do something in June if possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Arnt the junior teams completely separate to the men's side? With the amount of junior teams they have I'd be surprised if they relyed on that 15k. I'm sure the junior side made a decent profit last year.

Yeah they are separate entities you're right, which is good and I should probably take a day to collect my thoughts before typing anymore rubbish lol

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah they are separate entities you're right, which is good and I should probably take a day to collect my thoughts before typing anymore rubbish lol

Maybe they shouldn't be if they are making a decent money. 😆

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Missed the deadline, leagues have already been finalised. Unless its voluntary relegation and according to the statement says nothing about that.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Shocker that. I don’t get the complete pulling out of it all. Reduce the budget to pittance and keep the club ticking over until something of interest comes in. The immediate resignation gives no scope to salvage something.