Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

22 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Would they have time to do something for 24/25 be very tight ?

The chance would be gone with the resignation. Do the reserves play in Leics Senior? 

Most comparable situation I can think is Rushden and Diamonds who literally had a year supporting their Under 18s as they had miss the chance to put the reformed fans chance back in the pyramid. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Clearly something has triggered this as we've been announcing signings this week. Reading into it, potentially a loss of support from the local council after recent elections.

Not quite sure what to say at the moment, but with the massive work that's been going on behind the scenes, the club should be fairly attractive to new owners.

Sounds like the club will remain which it should do, as it's a fantastic community asset, the next few days and weeks will be interesting. I hope I've got a team to support in 2 months time.

No elections on that council recently, but you are right something has surely triggered it. 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The chance would be gone with the resignation. Do the reserves play in Leics Senior? 

Most comparable situation I can think is Rushden and Diamonds who literally had a year supporting their Under 18s as they had miss the chance to put the reformed fans chance back in the pyramid. 

Not got a reserves it’s like an under 21’s I think. Not sure what league they play in but it’s not the senior league 

Councils have no interest or support towards the local team. Some come from other towns and have no knowledge and whilst some have no interest in football whatsover. I remember attending a council made donkey's years ago when Boro wanted to build a stadium. Six of the members on the board, three admitted they were from Coventry, one admitted she didn't really follow football and the other didn't know a club existed. Stood no chance. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

No ideal, been googling to see if there's a deadline on these things. Footballers contracts run till June 30th Don't they, so I'm just hoping that we could technically do something in June if possible.

I think the problem behind this would be that all leagues and affiliates etc have been sorted for the upcoming season. Might sound ridiculous but the challenge of putting an extra club into a new league is much more complicated than it would seem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

No elections on that council recently, but you are right something has surely triggered it. 

Im basing this off an article I read last year, but I know the Lib Dems in the NW Leics Council were trying to reduce the football club’s subsidy (link here), in May of that year the Conservatives lost control of the council and it was the Lib Dems and two independents. 

With that in mind, my (granted, completely guesswork) theory is that the Conservatives got through the usual payment last year, or at least with token reductions, and there’s probably been a battle this year to reduce it considerably that’s ended in the Lib Dems getting their wish. Clearly it’s a bridge too far for Glyn and he either doesn’t have the means, or can’t personally justify it, to keep it going. 

That said, it’s a huge shame they’re gone. Seemed to create a fantastic atmosphere down Owen Street and were looking like the closest club to getting Leicestershire in step 2 again (although Harborough I think will challenge). Hopefully something can be worked out to make it sustainable and less dependent on the actions of one. Leicestershire non-league is better with a competitive Coalville.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Im basing this off an article I read last year, but I know the Lib Dems in the NW Leics Council were trying to reduce the football club’s subsidy (link here), in May of that year the Conservatives lost control of the council and it was the Lib Dems and two independents. 

With that in mind, my (granted, completely guesswork) theory is that the Conservatives got through the usual payment last year, or at least with token reductions, and there’s probably been a battle this year to reduce it considerably that’s ended in the Lib Dems getting their wish. Clearly it’s a bridge too far for Glyn and he either doesn’t have the means, or can’t personally justify it, to keep it going. 

That said, it’s a huge shame they’re gone. Seemed to create a fantastic atmosphere down Owen Street and were looking like the closest club to getting Leicestershire in step 2 again (although Harborough I think will challenge). Hopefully something can be worked out to make it sustainable and less dependent on the actions of one. Leicestershire non-league is better with a competitive Coalville.

https://coalville.nub.news/news/local-news/sp8531-district-council-says-decision-to-reduce-its-grant-to-coalville-town-fc-was-part-of-budget-cuts-230665

That would be it then. It’s not just the first team, what they have built up in terms of youth and kids teams is quite something.

The amount the council seem to be spending on vanity projects like revamping Marlborough Square in the town is ridiculous.

I don’t get NWLDC at all, I know there was a Conservative Party leaflet a while ago which had a quote from Glynn, now not my side politically but I do think it’s got a little personal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

No ideal, been googling to see if there's a deadline on these things. Footballers contracts run till June 30th Don't they, so I'm just hoping that we could technically do something in June if possible.

I don't think there will be any football in Coalville for a minimum of 12 months. Without funds we can't be allocated to any league.

I'm truly heartbroken over this, but if something can be salavaged in the future, I'd like to be a part of creating it. It seems criminal to let it all go to waste.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

We don't have a reserve side.

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

wtf? This is terrible for Leicestershire football. What a mess. 

Yep really is. Especially with Loughborough Dynamo doing basically the same.

Is the council excuse a bit of a smokescreen given presumably Coalville must have had similar issues to Dynamo (who admittedly have a much smaller fan base.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Livid said:

https://coalville.nub.news/news/local-news/sp8531-district-council-says-decision-to-reduce-its-grant-to-coalville-town-fc-was-part-of-budget-cuts-230665

That would be it then. It’s not just the first team, what they have built up in terms of youth and kids teams is quite something.

The amount the council seem to be spending on vanity projects like revamping Marlborough Square in the town is ridiculous.

I don’t get NWLDC at all, I know there was a Conservative Party leaflet a while ago which had a quote from Glynn, now not my side politically but I do think it’s got a little personal. 

How is the Marlborough sq thing being funded? 

Unbelievable decision by the council really. The football club is probably the only positive that coalville has to offer. Pissing money up the wall on that outdoor market that no one will go to or the indoor market that no one goes to either. Shambles.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not got a reserves it’s like an under 21’s I think. Not sure what league they play in but it’s not the senior league 

MFL Under 21s sadly so nowhere on the pyramid. 

Thinking it through - probably be able to enter a team in the Senior League but you'd be giving up a potential Step 5/6 spot next season. 

Edited by CosbehFox

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Hmm personally I don't think a council should be propping up a first team of semi-professional footballers. 

By all means the council should support the youth teams. 

For me there should be two distinct budgets/organisations - adult set-up & youth set-up. If you are pulling your first team out of Step 3 because of some lost council funding, I don't have much respect. Adjust the budget accordingly - next season play step 5 or 6 and maintain a pathway from youth to adult. 

I agree. I just find pulling out the league staggering & it looks like it was a spur of the moment decision. They have announced 4 new signings in the last few days so obviously they were still planning for the future. It's bizarre

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Genuine question is there a way for people and fans to club together in fundraising to save Coalville or is it already too late as they have resigned from the league?

Once the paper work is in thats it. League are soon looking to resolve League numbers. Hitchin will likely get reprieve 

Really shocked by the news about Coalville, especially the complete out of the blue suddenness of it, no one seems to have seen it coming. You have to ask whether or not there was another way round this, playing the youth team etc or just going with a minimal budget. So disappointing for the fans who do not have a team for at least a year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Really shocked by the news about Coalville, especially the complete out of the blue suddenness of it, no one seems to have seen it coming. You have to ask whether or not there was another way round this, playing the youth team etc or just going with a minimal budget. So disappointing for the fans who do not have a team for at least a year.

Been pondering this today, I think further explanation from the club is needed here.

Were alternative ways to keep the team going considered and if not then why. I just can’t accept that wrapping up the 1st team was the only option.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Been pondering this today, I think further explanation from the club is needed here.

100%

Not good enough to just wind it up with very little info. 

• Like 2