Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The deal was agreed the day before Glyn bizarrely pulled the plug on the team. I think he'll do well.

Yes looks like he was planning on going. I agree, hope it works out well for him 

Edited by Lcfc82

Posted (edited)

Some context if Coalville do manage to get a team going this year. Not an authority but someone who has a very good understanding of the structure and rules throughout non-league.

Also suggests further up in the chain that given numbers per league, it may be they’re put in the United Counties League despite Leicestershire clubs being moved over to the Midland Football League, probably not ideal as you’ll be dealing with a higher quality of opposition in the MFL when they inevitably moved over next season, I guess it at least allows the club and supporters to regroup and adapt for a season.

Edited by Finnaldo

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I saw this last night, and you're correct, it will give the club a chance to find its feet again if the application is succesful.

The proposal has been submitted this afternoon, so all we can do is wait and hope.

The two blokes behind it deserve a statue if we have senior men's football in Coalville for season 24/25.

That’s superb news, fingers crossed it all gets agreed in time. A fantastic effort from those who have led it.

17 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

When would the FA be deciding by whether the application is accepted  ?

Presumably pretty quickly to give us time to put a side together etc 

From what I’ve heard about it, they’ve been quite forthcoming. Generally in these situations if there’s time to do it they’ll try their best themselves to get it done granted everything that needs to be in place, is.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

When would the FA be deciding by whether the application is accepted  ?

Presumably pretty quickly to give us time to put a side together etc 

The leagues are constituted next week, so it should be soon.

• Like 2

Have heard Harborough Town persuaded Riley O’Sullivan to sign from (also got a fair bit of money) Spalding United by offering him £800 a week, which I can believe, but also a £50,000 signing on fee. That’s surely got to be bollocks hasn’t it? Even £5,000 would be mad.

If true, kind of shows what the likes of Coalville and Loughborough are up against.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Have heard Harborough Town persuaded Riley O’Sullivan to sign from (also got a fair bit of money) Spalding United by offering him £800 a week, which I can believe, but also a £50,000 signing on fee. That’s surely got to be bollocks hasn’t it? Even £5,000 would be mad.

If true, kind of shows what the likes of Coalville and Loughborough are up against.

Can’t be true, seen him play a few times he’s crap.

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Yep. The costs of electric etc are static and never going to go lower. Some of these clubs are leading an arms race when in reality for some clubs they are going to be playing a lot less in comparison 

Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2024 at 13:50, when_you're_smiling said:

No way HT would pay that kind of money. They are well organised & have a structure in place. However, they are ambitious but not reckless. 

Edited by STEVIE B

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

What's Andi Thanoj like then?

Injury prone, be lucky if he plays half of the games in a season. Was an unused sub for the last few games at Coalville, think he had lost interest.

Has got a cracking free kick on him though and has a good eye for a pass.

• Like 1

Harty is the kind of player fans love, massive shame he basically missed the whole of last season.

Thanoj is a good player technically and has good vision. Seemed to have lost interest last season though.

• Like 1

Poppies fun day featured the new owners talking through their plans and doing a Q&A. 

Infrastructure projects are taking priority, drainage and a decent surface already done. They’re going to build an ancillary 4G pitch for revenue generation. 

Not ploughing cash at the squad but say there will be more available than last year and the target is promotion. I’d be happy with not fighting relegation and not having every Saturday home match cancelled due to rain.

It was clear we won’t be spending Harbs money, I think they’re hoping to use their connections to attract some quality loans. 

Lovely sunny day, loads of beer - never left Latimer Park so positive 😁

• Like 2

Further to the recent announcement that Coalville Town had resigned from the Southern League, efforts were made to enter the club at Step 6 in the English National League System.

Due to the timings of the announcement, The FA set the club a 72 hour deadline to submit their proposal for entry into a league along with a business plan to show the club will be sustainable.

The plans were submitted on Friday 31st May and we are pleased to confirm that today The FA unanimously supported our proposal and as such Coalville Town will be placed in the United Counties League Division 1 for the 2024/25 season.

We would like to thank The FA for their support. We would also like to thank Andy Walsh of the National Foobtall Supporters Association who’s help in getting us through he process was invaluable.

We hope to announce a new Football Manager in the coming days and we will be holding a supporters meeting later this week to outline the plan for the season.

The messages of support from our own supporters and fans of other Non-League clubs has been overwhelming and we thank them for that.

This is just the first step but we are delighted to be able to offer the people of Coalville and the surrounding area the opportunity to still have a club to support.

Alan Poulain, Chairman of the United Counties League, looks forward to welcoming Coalville Town FC into the UCL family. He said “The Leagues position is and always has been to facilitate the playing of football in our area and we will do our utmost to make Coalville Town FC stay in our League a pleasant  competitive experience.”

The club will be making further announcements in the coming days.

Brilliant effort from all involved to get this through.

I hope the majority of supporters buy in to this and attendances don’t drop too much with it being a much lower standard.

• Like 1