Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

14 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Bob's a lovely man. My sister worked with him for years and he did part of my teacher training, which I never completed.

Would've been nice to see Coalville play on Cambridge Road.

Ah missed this, it answers my earlier question. An ex girlfiends Dad was/is mates with him.

Coalville in with Clay Cross and Retford United...both have already started bringing in big name players so will be two to watch next season

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

Have they been taken over by the British Union of Fascists?

Glad I’ve not gone mental, when it first got revealed I thought ‘is that the Klan cross inside the sonnenrad?’ lol 

Shame really as it’s a bit of a generic non-entity badge otherwise, I did like the old one.

33 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Glad I’ve not gone mental, when it first got revealed I thought ‘is that the Klan cross inside the sonnenrad?’ lol 

Shame really as it’s a bit of a generic non-entity badge otherwise, I did like the old one.

I guess burning crosses would save on floodlight costs

On 07/06/2024 at 11:10, CosbehFox said:

I see Non-League's Snake Oil Salesman, Steve King, has turned up at Hednesford 

Must be on huge money, he's even relocating

3 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Pretty poor from England so far. Obviously it's a 'pace off' pitch, so why play both Archer & Wood ? 

They were poor v Scotland too. 

Wrong thread I think, but yeah England poor in the cricket... weird a late down in football and cricket of late.

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2024 at 15:43, Gary Eatfood said:

This time last week I thought we were finished for at least 12 months. It’s now time for the supporters to match the commitment shown by those to get us back up and running.

And they have.

The Coalville crowdfund target of £5k has been surpassed in 4 days. The supporters meeting is tomorrow, so excellent timing and great to see people get behind the club.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

That Groundhop will boost the coffers too.!

The Ground Hop fixtures on the opening weekend last season averaged 500. We could get a very healthy attendance. The trick will be keeping people interested.

15 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The Ground Hop fixtures on the opening weekend last season averaged 500. We could get a very healthy attendance. The trick will be keeping people interested.

Will be a difficult task getting the more casual attendees down in a season where they can't actually go up. 

28 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Will be a difficult task getting the more casual attendees down in a season where they can't actually go up. 

It will. Hopefully, we maintain a decent core. A decent Vase run would help. I’d imagine a lot of casual followers will start watching Harborough, especially if they are doing well.

Have the rest of the United Counties League fixtures been released? I've got 21 teams in division one including Coalville but there should only be 20. Who got moved?

29 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Have the rest of the United Counties League fixtures been released? I've got 21 teams in division one including Coalville but there should only be 20. Who got moved?

Don’t think so, not sure who moved the line up has been posted a few pages back in here

44 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Don’t think so, not sure who moved the line up has been posted a few pages back in here

This was the original list

div 1.png

57 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Shirebrook are the ones who aren’t in it anymore 

Presumably gone into the Northern Counties, although their division one shows 22 teams; Shirebrook have barely tweeted since mid May and their website is 2 years out of date!

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Presumably gone into the Northern Counties, although their division one shows 22 teams; Shirebrook have barely tweeted since mid May and their website is 2 years out of date!

At step 5 now, united counties prem north.

• Thanks 1