Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

Great news that Coalville are getting sorted. A couple of things I was thinking about & if anyone could answer them I would be grateful.

1) Are the club having to be re-formed (i.e. virtually starting from scratch) or just continuing on from last season. If it is the latter do they get whatever funds are in the Bank account or alternitavely have to take over any debts.

2) Are the players going to be paid or will it just be expenses

Just now, Angus Scott said:

Great news that Coalville are getting sorted. A couple of things I was thinking about & if anyone could answer them I would be grateful.

1) Are the club having to be re-formed (i.e. virtually starting from scratch) or just continuing on from last season. If it is the latter do they get whatever funds are in the Bank account or alternitavely have to take over any debts.

2) Are the players going to be paid or will it just be expenses

1, starting from scratch but still the same club. Previous chairman gone though so they need to come up with other ways of running sustainably.

2, sounds like expenses and bonuses 

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Kian back playing for Coalville then. Good player for that level I think but not sure on the club captain part personally. 

Apparently was captain at Heather last season. He should be class at this level 

11 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The supporters meeting at Coalville had a fantastic turnout tonight. It was an evening full of positivity. Both Steve Cartwright (now Chairman) and Ash Brown (new first team manager) spoke very well. There's still a difficult road ahead, but with the backing of some excellent people, the town should hopefully have a senior men's team for many years to come.

Yeah was impressed with Ash Brown, spoke very well like you say.

Really looking forward to the season now, I think if we get off to a good start we will have good attendances all season.

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

1, starting from scratch but still the same club. Previous chairman gone though so they need to come up with other ways of running sustainably.

2, sounds like expenses and bonuses 

Thank you for that

Coalville v Boro new pre-season friendly announced, two clubs only playing in the southern league last season both playing the lower deps now. Hope we both can back to where were as soon as possible.

Boro slowly taking shape squad wise, six players already signed, with trials day to come.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Hoping Kian can talk Kyle Jardine into coming back. He was absolutely shafted by Stevo, but with us at a lower level and his boyhood club you'd hope he'd fancy it. 

That being said, the lad could probably be a bagsman 1 or 2 levels higher if he fancies it.

Savage and Macclesfield are a total clown car operation, complete slash and burn of managers and players over the last two seasons.

It's a long held rumour on Northern Premier League twitter that Savage has effectively been managing the team, which is why the managers all leave.

Joke.

On 13/06/2024 at 08:12, Lako42 said:

Kian back playing for Coalville then. Good player for that level I think but not sure on the club captain part personally. 

Former team mate of mine, hope he does well.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2024 at 22:39, Tuna said:

Savage and Macclesfield are a total clown car operation, complete slash and burn of managers and players over the last two seasons.

It's a long held rumour on Northern Premier League twitter that Savage has effectively been managing the team, which is why the managers all leave.

Joke.

Saw it at the beginning with the documentary, with him storming into the changing room to issue his instructions and comments over the manager.

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Saw it at the beginning with the documentary, with him storming into the changing room to issue his instructions and comments over the manager.

The statement announcing his appointment was great, I think he wrote it himself.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

The statement announcing his appointment was great, I think he wrote it himself.

Robbie will now be accountable for all First Team affairs and judged solely on results.”

I’m looking forward to that bit lol

On 19/06/2024 at 15:45, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Barwell making some good signings. 

Got Damo, our manager from Shepshed. Very surprised he went there as he left to take time away but a job at that level is hard to say no to. Hopefully he does well as he’s a great guy. 

14 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Does someone pump money into Barwell?  Because they've always had relatively poor attendances.

Dave Laing has been their chairman since their initial merger in ‘92, he definitely puts in good money but it’s also been done in a fairly sustainable way, and has included pretty significant infrastructure improvements including their 3G.

More recently Jimmy Ginnelly, most recently Nuneaton’s owner-manager, has rocked up and the wage bill seemed to have increased… that said there is new sponsorship including a new ground deal he’s arranged.

• Thanks 1

On 21/06/2024 at 08:40, Finnaldo said:

Dave Laing has been their chairman since their initial merger in ‘92, he definitely puts in good money but it’s also been done in a fairly sustainable way, and has included pretty significant infrastructure improvements including their 3G.

More recently Jimmy Ginnelly, most recently Nuneaton’s owner-manager, has rocked up and the wage bill seemed to have increased… that said there is new sponsorship including a new ground deal he’s arranged.

When I was a window fitter we used to buy sealed glass units from Dave at Cleartherm. My Dad used to know him quite well.

• Like 1