Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 24/25

DHL has lost a single box from the manufacturer to the shirt company - and my shirt was in it. So, now I have another month to wait for a replacement. Slightly miffed and not sure why I can’t have one that was heading to the club.

On 24/06/2024 at 07:36, CosbehFox said:

Jake Duffy ended up at Aylestone Park. Hard to know if that’s dollar inspired or cos he’s becoming a player-coach 

Corey Armeni now signed as well from Anstey Nomads

On 24/06/2024 at 07:36, CosbehFox said:

Jake Duffy ended up at Aylestone Park. Hard to know if that’s dollar inspired or cos he’s becoming a player-coach 

Not dollar inspired. With work commitments and a young family, it suits him playing better at that step. He’s 35/36 now. 

• Like 1

A report in the Coalville Times says that a councillor at a recent meeting requested that NWLDC give an award to Glyn Rennocks for all his work in putting Coalville on the map.

Perhaps said councillor does not realise that Rennocks, by his impulsive action in pulling the team out of step 3, has now taken Coalville pretty well off the mat completely.

1 hour ago, Durnerz said:

Mine last season was £130 and two extra games shouldn’t equate to £40 then again we are building a very good side…

Worcester are charging £210!

50 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Worcester are charging £210!

Tbf don’t own their ground and need as much dollar as they can to get their own! When it’s a fan owned club, I don’t think folk have so much an issue 

Poppies new owners making a barrowload of signings and talking up promotion this season. Lavs says we can enjoy a much better one compared to this time last year - but then that isn't going to be difficult! lol

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

Poppies new owners making a barrowload of signings and talking up promotion this season. Lavs says we can enjoy a much better one compared to this time last year - but then that isn't going to be difficult! lol

Campbell has 43 goals in 112 games for Ilkeston and Basford, should be a decent signing.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2024 at 22:13, Father Ted said:

Not dollar inspired. With work commitments and a young family, it suits him playing better at that step. He’s 35/36 now. 

The Manager and him have a good relationship including Junior Football as their Son's play together. Logical step. Great addition at that level. By all account's Billy Kee's fittest for a long time so expect them to win that League. Pressure's on tho by all accounts

On 01/07/2024 at 13:08, Daggers said:

Give Lavs and Chez the tools and they'll be up there. Fully expect the same thing to happen at Kettering that did at Quorn the similarities are already there. Took over when in a precarious position then Stayed up. 1st full season I fully expect play-offs 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Excellent turn out for Coalville's first friendly of the season last night away to Dunton & Broughton, really enjoyable evening and looking forward to Friday!

Any familiar faces amongst the trialists?

See they have signed Ronnie Morley today, he should do well

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Any familiar faces amongst the trialists?

See they have signed Ronnie Morley today, he should do well

Not too many, I'm sure there must have been a good few from the u21s. Based on today's 4 signings I'm guessing a lot were with Ash at Lutterworth :D 

Yeah if last night was anything to go by, Ronnie should fancy bagging himself a few next term.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Not too many, I'm sure there must have been a good few from the u21s. Based on today's 4 signings I'm guessing a lot were with Ash at Lutterworth :D 

Yeah if last night was anything to go by, Ronnie should fancy bagging himself a few next term.

The guy on the wing with the grey hair (dubbed Gooch Snr.) is Sam Moore. The last club I can see he played for is Aylestone Park.

Ronnie worked hard and took his goals well, but I'm expecting a big step up in class from last night to UCL Div 1. Dunton & Broughton finished 8/10 last season in the LSL Div 1. Friday will be a much tougher test, so should be an interesting evening of football.

2 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The guy on the wing with the grey hair (dubbed Gooch Snr.) is Sam Moore. The last club I can see he played for is Aylestone Park.

Ronnie worked hard and took his goals well, but I'm expecting a big step up in class from last night to UCL Div 1. Dunton & Broughton finished 8/10 last season in the LSL Div 1. Friday will be a much tougher test, so should be an interesting evening of football.

I recognised Sam as I'm pretty sure I used to play footie with him on my local green. He used to run rings around us despite being 5/6 years younger lol

Friday will be a sterner test for sure, interested to see how they look against a better team.

Spain v Germany then our game, should be a lovely evening of footie.