Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Kasey McAteer

Any player who graduates from our academy I want to see have a proper chance. When fit he’s looked okay and would be a cheap squad option. It’s important to have players who know what it means to play for Leicester and are potential leaders of the future

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If you'd watched KDH in the 21s at the same age then you'd have let him go on a free.....

problem is, you can’t argue that is the norm. Majority of the time those calls are right. 

We take that attitude for a lot of youth players and carry them for years. We’re one of the worst for not releasing players that will never cut it. 

The argument isn’t that kaseys not a talent. Just one where if a decent offer comes, we’d be silly not to take it. 

Villa fans weren’t happy about loosing archer or ramsey for big fees… but looking back they are probably feeling like they made the right calls. Don’t think anyone could argue Kasey looked as good as either of them. 

if someone is willing to put 5m on the table i’d take it. of course that could be a bad call but from our position, i’d think we need a few deals like that. 

Edited by Lambert09

I think he has something worth persevering with for sure. He’s neat and tidy, works hard for the team, ghosts into the box and is generally a good finisher, but this summer is important. When KDH came back after his season at Luton he threw himself into pre-season early and was absolutely determined to force his way into the team. I think Kasey is at a kind of crossroads, if he had kept fit all season we might be having a different conversation but that pulled hammy away at Blackburn put a proper road block in his development, up until then he was getting better and better. But he has Enzo’s trust and if he rips it up in pre-season training I think he’ll play a part

Can't help but feel like this is the highest his stock will ever be. Very similar to the situation we had with Thomas when he was playing every week and linked to West Ham. 

But I also think this is just his agent trying to get him a new deal with us rather than any proper interest. 

• Like 1

Our FFP situation means we just can’t keep players just in case, not shifting deadwood is part of the reason we’re in this mess. So the question is, do we think we can recruit better player than young Kasey?

Full credit to him, end of last season, this was a much easier discussion. He’s developed excellently this year. Is this his ceiling? 

3 hours ago, ACF said:

Our FFP situation means we just can’t keep players just in case, not shifting deadwood is part of the reason we’re in this mess. So the question is, do we think we can recruit better player than young Kasey?

Full credit to him, end of last season, this was a much easier discussion. He’s developed excellently this year. Is this his ceiling? 

How much would we have to spend on a rotation winger who can play on both flanks and through the middle? Probably more than we could get for Kasey and on much higher wages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

How much would we have to spend on a rotation winger who can play on both flanks and through the middle? Probably more than we could get for Kasey and on much higher wages.

I’ve seen him on both wings and through the middle, not sure I rate him on both wings and through the middle.

Can't see the point with him tbh despite some giving him bizarre glowing references. If it's out of admiration for his attitude then I would absolutely agree but ... apart from some early season well taken goals he flatters to deceive. 

He has absolutely no influence on the game and is like playing with a player short. He can't get passed anyone unlike Mavidivi or Fatawu and is very lightweight so in that respect, he's not even good enough as backup.

You can't in our position just hang onto players because they're likable and if he wasn't good enough for the Championship in the top team then he's surely nowhere near good enough for the Premiership. I'd sincerely hope to be proved wrong though as he does seem a very likable lad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phenom said:

You’re saying we wouldn’t go for a first team winger and move Mavididi to the bench?

Ok. I love the fact he is one of our academy players and his passion and love for us is real. I get why he has critics and can't see him as a Premier League player yet. But, all these rumours, first Spurs, now Newcastle. There must be something they are seeing. Before this FFP nonsense you'd keep him, loan him out and hope he develops into a first team player. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is i'd rather we sell him and keep KDH. 

But isn't FFP shit when you have to sell your own academy players. 

If he does go, I hope we remember him fondly for his goals and passion for the club. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

But, all these rumours, first Spurs, now Newcastle. There must be something they are seeing

$$$$$

Firstly, let's be clear, this is almost certainly agent talk. 

But if Tottenham, Newcastle etc do pick him up for free when his contract expires then it'll be loan him out to a Championship club for a season and then sell him for 100% profit. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 19/05/2024 at 00:54, surrifox said:

He had a really good start to the season but never really showed much after his period out from injury . I’d expect him to feature in Enzo’s plans although we don’t have a great track record of success after awarding large extended contracts to home grown players such as Thomas and Choudhury 

Hamza is a decent player in my opinion.

We should be dishing out 5+ years to young players but on low wages so something like 10-20k a week 5-7 years.

On Kasey, but of course its a short contract expiring, so a tough decision to make.  I would sell if at least a 5 million offer.

Edited by Chrysalis

15 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

He can't take on players like Fatawu and Mavadidi can but he does seem to be able to find space to get on the end of passes to get shots away. Maybe better suited down the middle.?

Reminds me a bit of an Andy King type in that respect. Game often passes him by but he has a great knack of ghosting into the box and getting amongst the goals.

Prefer him down the middle with that in mind, should keep him as we're going to need cheap squad options going forwards.

• 1 month later...